Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 13: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos Decision Thread **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Best episode so far. 2 good fights. Its a shame about the 90-day suspension but I'd say he's a dead cert to be on the card in the finale.
    Len does annoy me a little bit. He seems very arrogant. But if I'm honest I think he deserved the wildcard spot more than Chuck. Maybe it was the knee injury that swayed the decision though.
    Tony looks decent and I think if I was to put money on someone to win the show it'd prob be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Here is an interesting question. Has the first overall pick ever went on to win TUF.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

unknown13 wrote: »
    Here is an interesting question. Has the first overall pick ever went on to win TUF.

I can't be 100% sure (unless I watch it back) but i'm 99% sure that Joe Daddy was a first pick?

Ryan Bader was a high pick on TUF 8, I think Sosynski was the first overall though.

Dollaway made it to the final and he is the furthest an overall first pick has gone in recent times.

I'm fairly sure Mac Danzig was 1st pick If I remember correctly.
    Can't be 100% on that though.

• Advertisement

Dean09 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure Mac Danzig was 1st pick If I remember correctly.
    Can't be 100% on that though.

Wasn't first overall. Joe Scarola was, who was one of Matt Serra's best buddy's and who Serra refused to corner against.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Wasn't first overall. Joe Scarola was, who was one of Matt Serra's best buddy's and who Serra refused to corner against.

My mistake.
    I think your right on that one. Mac was hughes' first pick though right?

My mistake.
    I think your right on that one. Mac was hughes' first pick though right?

Yeah. Hughes tricked Serra into thinking that he was going to pick Scarola first and Serra believed him, picked Scarola first then Hughes picked Danzig.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Latest episode was pretty good, Len continues to annoy. Brock came across pretty well in this episode (Dos Santos does in every show).

The fight was ok. The quarter finals look good. I'd put my money on Tony, Ramsey, Shamar or Zack to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Really enjoyed this episode, actually the season is turning out to be one of the best in a while. Looking forward to the quarter final rematch as well as the Ramsay Nijem fight, I think he's pretty handy from watching his first fight.

Got to love Lesnar losing the American football challenge to Dos Santos who's never played before whereas Lesnar has to a high level. Even cooler of him to give some of the prize money to the other team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Even cooler of him to give some of the prize money to the other team.

Yeah especially after this episode I wish he was my Dad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Once again this guy Len is annoying the hell out of me. At the end of the show he's talkin about fighting Lesnar, what a muppet. He went into the room with Dana and sounded like he didn't want the fight, then he's 'outraged' that he didn't get it. He's only there for tv as far as I can see.

Hopefully he'll have one more fight and it'll go something like this

Len: "Hey Brock, I heard you've been talkin s**t about me"
    Brock: "Yup"
    Len: "F**k you"
    *Brock jumps on Len and pounds his head through the floor

I thought the two fights were good and I would like to have seen both losers get the wildcard.

Tony looks handy.

I think Brock Lesnar vs. Lenny Bently would go something like this: legkick.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Latest episode was pretty good, Len continues to annoy. Brock came across pretty well in this episode (Dos Santos does in every show).

The fight was ok. The quarter finals look good. I'd put my money on Tony, Ramsey, Shamar or Zack to go through.

Was gas watching Len moan and some of the other guys walking away, you could see " I wish this guy would shut up" written on their faces :D

I think everyone has met someone like him in their life.

Decent fight this week.

Len is such a whinging little prick. You didn't get the wildcard so what, neither did the other guys and they're not moaning. Man up and shut the fúck up about it.
    Looking forward to seeing Tony fight again. I think my money would be on him to win the show outright. I'd say Shamar v Chris Cope will be interesting since Shamar wants to kill him. I'll be rooting for Cope though. I think he unfairly got a bad rep in the house and was kinda picked on. I don't think he was a "double agent" either, I think he's just a nice guy. No bad in him it seems.
    Fair play to JDS for sharing the money too. He's a class act.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Len definitely had a right to be miffed because of all the losers, his was the longest, closest hardest fight but when you are asked "do you want the fight" the answer you should give it "f*ck yeah, I'll do anything for another shot" not "hey man whatever it is you want me to do, I'll do it" in a yeahwhatever sort of way...

In the end I'm glad Chuck got it. Normally fighters who say "you're gonna see the real me" make me roll my eyes but he was certainly a different fighter in that fight then he was in his first.

You notice the Irish flag on his back? I'm gonna cheer for him to win. You know... with a beer. From my couch. Scoffing crisps :)

DeV.

Here's a video that wasnt shown in the latest episode. Its Len moaning again about not getting the wildcard. This time he whinges to JDS. I wish he'd just shut the fúck up. If he wanted it that badly then why didn't he show it to Dana when he had the chance.

http://www.ultimatefighter.com/videos/tuf-13-what-did-brock-say

I'm actually starting to want him to get a shot in the UFC just to see him getting knocked the fúck out and watch him get booed out of the arena.

I'm predicting we see some incident or injury in one of the next episodes, most likely the last episode because the way the UFC are structuring the fights for the season.

Ep 8 - 2 quarter final bouts
    Ep 9 - 2 quarter final bouts
    Ep 10 - 1 semi final bout
    Ep 11 - 1 semi final bout
    Ep 12 - It can't be the final.

Ramsey impressed in last nights episode. I think he could go all the way to the final. Probably a Ramsey-v-Tony final I'd say.
    Shamar just proved that he's 1 dimensional. He blamed it on his sore back but I think his only gameplan was to take Chris down and hold him there, and when Chris showed solid takedown defence Shamar had nothing else to offer. Fair play to Chris though. He did very well to defend the takedowns but he did very little else and he seemed almost scared.
    Looking forward to next weeks episode to see what all the fighting was about in the house.

On another note I'm disappointed this season with the lack of broken doors!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

On another note I'm disappointed this season with the lack of broken doors!! :D

Don't worry they're still there. Chuck kicked a door during his entrance to the cage and put a small dent in it. It looked worse this week but they didn't show what did it. In the "coming up on next weeks episode" part you can see Brock looking through a gaping hole in a door.

Shazbot wrote: »
    Don't worry they're still there. Chuck kicked a door during his entrance to the cage and put a small dent in it. It looked worse this week but they didn't show what did it. In the "coming up on next weeks episode" part you can see Brock looking through a gaping hole in a door.

Yeah I seen that alright. The season still could've done with more ripping doors off hinges!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

delighted Cope beat Shamar. I think the only reason Shamar was saying Cope was annoying him so much is because he wanted the easy fight with him(or what he thought was the easy fight). He looked the right eejit been all cocky with JDS asking how he'll finish the fight, on the feet or take him down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I liked the Cope Shamar fight. Classic example of the not so good fighter (Cope) exposing another not so good fighter who thinks he's **** hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

LOL at Shamar making excuses for the fight afterwards. He was absolutely useless and the right man won.

WOOOOOOOOOOO :pac:

phily2002 wrote: »
    delighted Cope beat Shamar. I think the only reason Shamar was saying Cope was annoying him so much is because he wanted the easy fight with him(or what he thought was the easy fight). He looked the right eejit been all cocky with JDS asking how he'll finish the fight, on the feet or take him down :D

He's absolutely useless on his feet though. He should have worked exclusively on boxing with Doria for his time there and just ignored wrestling completely.
    Maybe he would've had a chance to win then.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Pretty good episode. Shamar was brutal and made a fool of himself by giving Dana stupid excuses. He'll never be in the UFC after that.

Good to see Brock getting more involved with his team. At the beginning I think he really couldn't be arsed, but they seem to have grown on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

i think shamar should have got the decision, but both guys are rubbish and i cant see either goin further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

pauldoo wrote: »
    i think shamar should have got the decision, but both guys are rubbish and i cant see either goin further

I agree, he should have gotten the decision (based on their stupid point scoring rules) but I thought Chris was very effective at frustrating Shamar.

Chris didn't really do any damage whatsoever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

He's absolutely useless on his feet though. He should have worked exclusively on boxing with Doria for his time there and just ignored wrestling completely.
    Maybe he would've had a chance to win then.

yeah big time, its as if he didn't know he was bad at boxing, or maybe he thought his wrestling is so good he could win that way. I'd be surprised if he amounts to anything, to arrogant and blamed his back rather than his lack of skills...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

As much as I wanted chris to win I would have given the decision to shamar based on control and aggression.All chris did was defend the takedown although he probably did the most damage

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Did Chris win??? I'm sorry, I fell asleep. Kinda like Shamar seemed to want to.

UFC may not be back in Ireland for a while but the way Chris backpedaled, I think he's somewhere near Galway.

Oh and that Palestinian looks good... if he has some boxing too, he could be pretty phenomenal.

One thing though... have they banned kicks in TUF or something? I havent seen a leg kick thrown for quite some time!

DeV.

Advertisement