Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 13: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos Decision Thread **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 31-03-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

tuf13x.jpg
    Cast
    Coaches

Team Lesnar

* Brock Lesnar
    * Marty Morgan
    * Erik Paulson
    * Rodrigo Medeiros
    * Greg Nelson
    * Chris "Mayhem" Manos

Team dos Santos

* Junior dos Santos
    * Billy Scheibe
    * Luiz Dorea

Fighters

* Tony Ferguson
    * Myles Jury
    * Charlie Rader
    * Shamar Bailey
    * Nordin Asrih
    * Len Bentley
    * Michael Bowman
    * Keon Caldwell
    * Chris Cope
    * Zachary Davis
    * Clay Harvison
    * Ryan McGillivray
    * Ramsey Nijem
    * Javier Torres

Started last night in the States. I'm just about to watch it now so I will post my thoughts later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I just watched it there. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have the fights to get into the house. I liked them as there was a lot of fights early on and you get a good view of the fighters styles right at the start. After that first episode, I don't really know much about any of the fighters. I was pretty impressed with JDS's level of english, didn't really think the subtitles were even necessary.
    The actual fight was pretty uneventful and very one sided, I was hoping the 2nd round would be different but it was just round 1 all over again. I would have liked to have seen more drive for a finish but he got the decision easily anyway and it was a safe way to get through the first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah here are you serious ? no fights to get in , that was always the best and likely only episode really worth watching :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I was disappointed at the lack of fights to get into the house as well.

It seems kinda weird that the coaches are so nice to each other too, so far anyway. Kinda wish it was Mir instead of Dos Santos!

The preview looked good anyway, plenty of fights happening outside the cage it seems, plus the face plant into the table looks fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Very lacklustre start to the season without the fights to get into the house & the fight on the show was uneventful! Nordin was manhandled for 2 rounds, it can only get better....cant it? :confused:

Both coaches came across well, Brock wasn't as big a (chest)dick as I thought he'd be, then again there's a long road ahead. As said before JDS's English was far better then expected.
    The preview looked good anyway, plenty of fights happening outside the cage it seems, plus the face plant into the table looks fun :D

Ah the they always show ****e like that in the previews, they never really pan out that way...Unless you have Junie Browning in the house..dickhead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ....meh!

My thoughts on the first episode are pretty much summed up by my username.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

what an incredibly dull opening episode. brock looks like he'd rather be anywhere else, he even said it himself at the start "i'm not here to make friends, or make new fans, this is strictly business"

very disappointing start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Guys with nothing but wrestling bore the hell out of me. This was a load of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Lads where are you all watching this? Is there a website where I can watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Dean09 wrote: »
    Lads where are you all watching this? Is there a website where I can watch it?

I watch it on www.mma-core.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Terrible and uneventful episode.
    It started off by Dana saying "Every season, the talent gets better and better". So not only was it a **** episode but it was started with blatant lies!

Also, ever notice how they show some really exciting stuff in the "This season, on The Ultimate Fighter" preview and the actual incidents turn out to be nothing?......... well......... on the preview there was ACTUALLY nothing!

I'm predicting a boring and uneventful season!

(PS: Shamar Bailey looks like a disfigured Floyd Mayweather)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The coaches didn't even turn up to announce the team picks.... what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Terrible and uneventful episode.
    It started off by Dana saying "Every season, the talent gets better and better". So not only was it a **** episode but it was started with blatant lies!

Also, ever notice how they show some really exciting stuff in the "This season, on The Ultimate Fighter" preview and the actual incidents turn out to be nothing?......... well......... on the preview there was ACTUALLY nothing!

I'm predicting a boring and uneventful season!

(PS: Shamar Bailey looks like a disfigured Floyd Mayweather)

Dana White lying to the fans, I am shocked, maybe a little bit appalled.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Oh Christ, not another black carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It got the lowest ratings for an opening episode out of the last four seasons.

Bring back Kimbo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

The German guy was really terrible, It's hard to believe that somebody with basically no ground game could make it into that contest. I thought it was an impressive win considering that he was keeping it simple and just trying to get the win without taking any risks.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

This does have the appearance of being a poor season.

No tension whatsoever between Brock and Junior.

And a black carpet in the Rashad/Michael Johnson mould looks like he's going to dominate.

FML.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Nothing against Dos Santos but I agree with one of the above posters that Mir really would have been a better choice for coach. Him and Brock would be in each other's faces all the time and the fight makes more sense too in light of Lesnar just losing the title and possibly getting another title shot after just one fight. Also if they're going to subtitle Dos Santos then they should subtitle the scouser as well.

Very poor episode, the preliminary fights in the first episode usually make it one of the best episodes of the season, and you get to see a few of the fighters that might come in if someone is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Does anybody know where we can see "The aftermath" videos? Every site I go onto wont let me watch it. Region blocked I think. All I can find on Youtube is this edited version. By the way look at the size of Stephan Bonnar!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I hope there's a serious improvement over the next few weeks. Really poor episode.

Know nothing about any of the fighters whatsoever bar the fact that Nordin is awful off his back.

The decision to get rid of the fights to get into the house is an awful one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Rubbish, boring episode. Coaches seem poor also, particurlarly their instructions during the first fight.

• Advertisement

Last episodes fight was a bit terrible to watch. The wrestling coach from Team JDS is a good coach though. Brock says "Chicken Salad outta Chicken ****" at least 7 times during that episode. Neither of the fighters listened to their coaches during the fight. That guy dropping out seriously annoyed me. His will broke after every hard training session. How he was 8-1 is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I really liked last night's epidsode, it was a good old-fashioned TUF. The fight was decent too because it seemed like Lesnar and his team had no confidence in their fighter but he won through sheer perseverance and scrappiness. It's nice to see the underdog battling it out to win like he did. Especially after he'd been solidly caught and cut with some good clean strikes from Torres. Yeah I know, they edit it after the event and they know people like the underdog story but it was still entertaining.

Can't be good for motivation though, Lesnar shouting at his team that they're chicken **** after they just had a good win.

The whole guy-giving-up saga was a bit of entertainment on the side, again reminded me of older series, Dana White having to give the pep talk etc. Glad he went in the end, the cloud would have hungover him for the rest of the show.

More excited about this series now, I thought the St Pierre/Koscheck and Ortiz/Lidell ones were crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

YES!!!

Huge improvement this week. The fight was hardly Griffin v Bonnar but that didn't mean I wasn't incredibly entertained. I thought it was amazing to see Chris Cope grow from being nervous to even get in there and being hesitant in the forst round, to growing in confidence enough to take the second and then knowing he could win the fight in the third! I found myself really rooting for him and was delighted when he won.

And apart from the Chicken S*it comments, I think Brock has come across very well so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭TheRevolution

I know what Lesnar means when he says we turned chicken **** into chicken salad, i.e someone who was the lowest ranked fighter in the house is now a contender but I just think Lesnar doesn't realise how offensive that can come across.

His hearts in the right place but I just worry that one of his fighters might take him up wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I like Brock, I thought he motivated his man well. It has been a pretty poor season so far but I'm hopeful that it will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

really glad it went to a 3rd round - turned into a good scrap in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I wasn;t overly impressed with this episode. I thought the fight was pretty boring but I did like the change in cope. Brock calls it as he sees it which is very refreshing and he tells it calmly. He choice of words could be better but at least there's none of this shouting. I'm looking fwd to next week with Junior having a go at his assistant coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

How he was 8-1 is beyond me.

Apparantly only 2 of the fighters he fought previously had a positive win ratio and one of them was his loss

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Last episodes fight was a bit terrible to watch. The wrestling coach from Team JDS is a good coach though. Brock says "Chicken Salad outta Chicken ****" at least 7 times during that episode. Neither of the fighters listened to their coaches during the fight. That guy dropping out seriously annoyed me. His will broke after every hard training session. How he was 8-1 is beyond me.
    Fight 8 bums.

And Brock basically bounced around the dressing room saying "Holy ****, you're TERRIBLE and you beat him, well done, but, wow, you're **** like, how'd that happen?", can't be good for morale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I liked the latest episode. The fight was awesome. JDS is such a big kid, he's so funny

Advertisement