Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 13: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos Decision Thread **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

As good a wrestling coach that Brock is, he really needs to choose his words carefully sometimes.

Grinding out a win and basically being branded as sh*t even afer the fight can't be good for the morale. I'm sure he means well but he just needs to change the way he phrases things.

Better episode than last weeks, that's for sure. Looking forward to watching the latest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

anyone no where i can catch up on these episodes???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

bmcc10 wrote: »
    anyone no where i can catch up on these episodes???

http://www.fightvideosmma.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Good episode this week. JDS is showing himself to be a really likable guy.

Fight was great and Brock continues to come across very well!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Haven't watched the 3rd episode but I'm just dropping in to say what a piece of s hit Brock Lesnar is.

After his guy showed amazing heart to win the bout Brock started harping on about turning chicken s hit into chicken salad right in front of his face!! you could see the poor lad was gutted.

Then his speech about "any given sunday" - he was basically implying that Cain V had "one of those days" and that his victory was some sort of fluke. Cain is a far more complete fighter than Brock. He also neglected to mention that shane Carwin beat him around the cage for 5 mins. Was Shane having another "any given Sunday" moment, Brock?

Jesus I always kind of liked the guy but not anymore, what a prick. He's a royal arsehole. I pity the nerds that were in his class in high school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That was an impressive fight. I think the wildcard is sorted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Did anyone catch what they used to cut weight?

I thought i heard he had to loose 10 pounds and lew or len not sure of his name said 40 mins in the bath would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I thought i heard he had to loose 10 pounds and lew or len not sure of his name said 40 mins in the bath would do it.
    All I got was rubbing alcahol and a load of epson salts. Not sure what it was that looked like fairy liquid.
    Then his speech about "any given sunday" - he was basically implying that Cain V had "one of those days" and that his victory was some sort of fluke. Cain is a far more complete fighter than Brock. He also neglected to mention that shane Carwin beat him around the cage for 5 mins. Was Shane having another "any given Sunday" moment, Brock?
    I didnt really get it like that. Brock has been quite humble in defeat to Cain.
    If Rovert were still alive hed tell ya im normally the last person to defend Brock after cowzerp and sid justice :D

jayteecork wrote: »
    Haven't watched the 3rd episode but I'm just dropping in to say what a piece of s hit Brock Lesnar is..........

Maybe you should watch the episode then, he explains what he meant by his "Chicken S*it" comments.

I actually don't see the big deal. A lot of Brock haters are jumping on this comment and using it as another excuse to give him stick. i think it was always pretty obvious what he meant by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Maybe you should watch the episode then, he explains what he meant by his "Chicken S*it" comments.

I actually don't see the big deal. A lot of Brock haters are jumping on this comment and using it as another excuse to give him stick. i think it was always pretty obvious what he meant by it!

It's easy from the outside looking in to understand what he was saying but I think some of them were a little offended by he explained it to them and kudos for it.

Fight was pretty good. Better than the last two for sure. Ryan seems like a very likable character and was hoping he'd win it.

Would've preferred it to go to a third round though.

And also as expected, that whole incident with Shamar getting cut was made out to be more dramatic than it actually was.

Series seems to be picking up a bit of momentum so hopefully it can continue this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Much better episode than last week. Really good fight too. Ryan seems to be a decent guy and he's the only one we really got to know so far apart from Cope.
    I've always liked Brock and he seems to be coming across well enough apart from the chicken sh1t comments which he explained. Although the fighters did have every right to be píssed off originally, I know I would've been annoyed.
    Its shaping up to be a decent season. Hate the way they blow everything out of proportion though in the previews for the next week,- like when JDS was giving out to Lew about his training methods, it was made out to be a big argument but turned out to be nothing.

Boxing coach taught us this one... guess Lew made it his own
    "The Polley Plunge"

Part 1

4-6 bottles of Green Rubbing Alcohol
    3-4 bags of Epson salt
    Add water as HOT as you can handle
    Cover your body in Abolene
    Soak for 20-30 minutes
    Part 2

Immediately put on sauna suit and sweats
    Put on beanie
    Lie on the floor under a blanket for 15-20 minutes

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That's a pile of crap. I just watched episode 3.

Brock was calling his team chicken s hit constantly to the camera before the second fight, writing off his guy Chris' chances.

He made up that bulls hit excuse after he became aware that it was causing a serious morale drop in his camp.

I'm behind Ryan this season. Seems like a hell of a nice guy and moves very well in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Episode 3 was a decent back and forth fight.

JDS is a class act but his instructions during a fight don't seem to be up to much to be honest. Maybe it's a language barrier thing.

Brock to me is like a guy that does not want to be there. I don't mind him at all but he doesn't want to be on camera and doing this type of thing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Haven't watched the 3rd episode but I'm just dropping in to say what a piece of s hit Brock Lesnar is.

After his guy showed amazing heart to win the bout Brock started harping on about turning chicken s hit into chicken salad right in front of his face!! you could see the poor lad was gutted.

Jesus I always kind of liked the guy but not anymore, what a prick. He's a royal arsehole. I pity the nerds that were in his class in high school.

So I take it fighter bashing is allowed when it's Brock Lesnar that's involved? There's a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

No he wasnt, huge fail here, ul.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

They're showing the new episodes of TUF on ESPN on Thursdays at 10pm. So its only a 1 day delay from the US:)

Another poor episode. Was also a very very poor fight!

But the worst thing about it for me, that was the QUICKEST tap i've ever seen! Art Jimmerson has nothing on this dude! He never wanted to be in that cage and was just waiting for an excuse to get out of there!

Another poor episode. Was also a very very poor fight!

But the worst thing about it for me, that was the QUICKEST tap i've ever seen! Art Jimmerson has nothing on this dude! He never wanted to be in that cage and was just waiting for an excuse to get out of there!

Wouldn't speak too soon on this, he was face down and had a badly injured shoulder so I think it's edited to look like Brock has a team of quitters if you get me. I doubt anyone would tap that quickly without another type of pain influencing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

This season is getting worse and worse..... I'm not going to watch it every week now, gonna get it all before the final to catch up on the fights.

S.

• Advertisement

The editing of this weeks show made it very obvious who was going to win the fight.

Not a good fight this week and that really was a quick tap. He never defended himself at all from the second he gave up his back. He just wanted to be out of the cage as fast as possible.
    As for Brock, I know he was frustrated but he seems to be destroying his teams' confidence with his chicken shít comments again. And there's no talkin his way out of it this time. Len is seriously pissed off and I wouldn't blame him. His team have no desire to work with him it seems and he has only himself to blame.

Edit: And whats with the toenails??!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The editing of this weeks show made it very obvious who was going to win the fight.

Second week now they've done this and I could see straight through it from the start. I hope they don't continue like that, it's a 30 minute spoiler followed by a 10 minute fight that you already know the outcome of.

Ramsay looked good in the fight though, I'd say he'll do well in the show.

A bit off topic but that scar on Brocks face, courtesy of Velasquez, looks pretty bad. What do ya reckon are the chances of it ripping straight open again after a heavy fist or 2 from Dos Santos.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Dean09 wrote: »
    Edit: And whats with the toenails??!!!! :eek:
    Might not be why he does it.. :rolleyes: But painting your toenails protects them from cracking/breaking.. Chuck used to do it, so it's cool :cool:

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Might not be why he does it.. :rolleyes: But painting your toenails protects them from cracking/breaking.. Chuck used to do it, so it's cool :cool:

Didn't know that. Ye learn something new everyday!
    Although I doubt theres a need to paint them with purple glitter! Somehow I can't see chuck doing that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Kaka10

Why has such fighter abuse not been punished?

One rule for Brock and another rule for any other fighter is it?

Did you report the post?

Kaka10 wrote: »
    Why has such fighter abuse not been punished?

One rule for Brock and another rule for any other fighter is it?

Indeed!

Also, it goes to show how people won't come on to talk about the show in general, they'll just feel the need to drop in when they need to call Brock a piece of sh*t!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Indeed!

Also, it goes to show how people won't come on to talk about the show in general, they'll just feel the need to drop in when they need to call Brock a piece of sh*t!

:rolleyes:
    Theres plenty of chat goin on about the show. Ya get b1tchin bout at least one of the coaches every year. Kos, Bisping, Tito all had plent of abuse on the forum. Brock just attract a lil more.
    Havent seen anyone yet that I would say belongs in the ufc. Brock has a couple top picks to go but all of JDS' top guys have already fought and none have really stood out. That fight was the 1st finish. Last weeks was still the most exciting but neither guy really stood out as a guy who could be favourite to win.

Advertisement