Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC - RTE, TV3 and TG4 player plugin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Don't laugh but you are obviously speaking about smart tvs yes?? :)

On thinking about it, clearly you are!!

I will retire my ambitions from xbmc for the moment so. I have a sony smart bluray player, I might look at hacking that to get rte player on to it.

Please do not let me put you off XBMC, it has a lot to offer other than these players.

I am not sure if that device is hackable.

I have not rooted our older non-smart TV though I think SamyGO can do something to it. I was hoping that some how it would magically be able to use these apps, and I will look at that at some point but I would be shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

No I use xbmc hapily but I'd love to get the rte player going on the TV

Could you not get some sort of Android based box and have both Kodi/XBMC and RTE Player as apps? I've never gone that route for Kodi but it seems popular going by the posts in both the Android and Bargain Alerts forums.

Thanks vanzan, i have an ouya. I thought that would solve my problems but rte isnt in the apps selection. I can look at rooting it (this lets you install playstore) but I am not sure if this method allows one to use rte player that way. Do you know?

Had an Ouya and got rid of it. Bloody awful. What about this thread from Bargain Alerts:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057341412

Seems to be going a while and has lots of replies which is a good sign. Also the guys in this thread from the Android forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057066642

They're very knowledgeable and helpful! When I had my Ouya I did have it rooted (very easy to do) but I never tried installing RTE Player unfortunately but I can't see why it wouldn't work!

• Advertisement

I might try rooting the ouya this weekend so and see how that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭runswithascript

What is the best experience any of you have had with any of the players on an Android box, and which Android box was is?

The reason I do not like using BBC iPlayer on our Xunity Eclipse is because you cannot navigate the menus using the up, down, left, and right arrows. Well you can but you then cannot select what is highlighted. Instead you need to press the mouse button on the remote and then move it around with your arm around like a buggy Nintendo Wiimote to move the then on screen cursor. The same applies to RTÉ player although it is even worse as although the adverts load in widescreen the content does not unless you press the home button and then go back into the player, sometimes twice or three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

This should work on Ouya. Download the APK via http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

No need to root that way.

What's that for mccard?

You can download the apk for the rte player and install it on the ouya. Just insert the URL from the play store, download the apk and put it in your dropbox. Then open dropbox on the ouya and install by opening the file.

• Advertisement

I'll definitely give that a go so.
    I will post back in couple of days to let you all know if RTE went on that way

Gonna try this apk trick in next hour. Will post back how it goes on the ouya.

For anyone searching this in the future. That APK trick worked. RTE player works. You can't scroll through the menus on the controller but you can search for what you are looking for

Buy an air mouse ip. You can scroll then.

mccard wrote: »
    Buy an air mouse ip. You can scroll then.

Could you recommend a handy one that you know will work?
    I don't want to buy one specifically for navigating around RTE player and then it won't work.
    Thanks!

What I use:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009FQYLLE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0C399TJ3SYJRT5JZQRB0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Works pretty well, you need to use two hands as the mouse is hyper sensitive. I hear that Mele F10's work well too:

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tendjose

Any plugin for anime for Kodi?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

Any update for this, by any chance? Any alternatives for RTE/TV3/TG4, either live or catch-up?

With the RWC approaching this weekend, TV3 is the place to watch the matches.
    I am still operating out of my Ouya happily and use RTE player a lot thanks to advice from guys here like McCard.

Anyone know a good way of running TV3's player on an android device because they haven't got an app unfortunately

Thanks
    irish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

With the RWC approaching this weekend, TV3 is the place to watch the matches.
    I am still operating out of my Ouya happily and use RTE player a lot thanks to advice from guys here like McCard.

Anyone know a good way of running TV3's player on an android device because they haven't got an app unfortunately

Thanks
    irish

Open it in a chrome browser and switch to full screen?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I haven't tried that but normally when that happens quality is crap.
    I'll post back tonight after I try it

I would imagine that most of the sports plugins for Kodi would have various streams available:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-watch-premier-league-football-using-xbmc/

No need for TV3 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

mccard wrote: »
    I would imagine that most of the sports plugins for Kodi would have various streams available:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-watch-premier-league-football-using-xbmc/

No need for TV3 then.

some of those addons such as vdubt will also have TV3 (and ITV [UK broadcaster]) in their live streams sections, if I get a chance later this week i'll post a list of some addons I use and Irish Channels for the RWC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

You'll find lots of help over on the Kodi Community Blogs Many of the Addons have currently active Irish TV.I don't want to break any rules here by listing them here.

Yes but what about watching back in the evening.
    That is why I am checking where 3player works best, live isn't an issue, the problem is when working or out with fmaily etc and want to see it that night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Yes but what about watching back in the evening.
    That is why I am checking where 3player works best, live isn't an issue, the problem is when working or out with fmaily etc and want to see it that night

Yes that's covered too,Irish TV (xunitytalk version).

Thanks i'll check it out tonight.
    I thought that Irish TV thing was wound down - Mossy's thing if I remember right yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thanks i'll check it out tonight.
    I thought that Irish TV thing was wound down - Mossy's thing if I remember right yeah?

New one released a few days ago, same name but not the same add on

I installed that new Irish TV from mickey1234 and it looks OK. Most stuff works. Thanks guys

• Advertisement

Any chance you'd attach the zip file to a post here? Should be OK since it's not piracy (I hope!)....I don't fancy installing all the other junk to get it,

Advertisement