Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC - RTE, TV3 and TG4 player plugin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭runswithascript

bk wrote: »
    Any chance of a Plex port?
    squonk wrote: »
    Sounds like a great plugin OP! Any chance we'll see it on Plex anytime soon? Go on... please!!!!

I have read most XBMC plugins unofficially work on Plex, if this does not please create a port.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hajjboy

degsie wrote: »
    ? like :confused:

sorry been away
    need .strm files of
    RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TG4 and 3e please
    sorry if asking for much :(

Why don't you just bring up the context menu, select "Add to Favourites" and then in TV Guide Dixie when you're choosing the stream select it from the Favourites section? Piece of cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Mossy's XBMC Irish TV addon together with Tunlr DNS service?

Is this not working for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Any word on a working rte player for xbmc?

• Advertisement

Anyone got a working RTE plugin for XBMC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Anyone got a working RTE plugin for XBMC ?

Check out XBMC forums for IrishTV release. There is a new addon mentioned for HD RTE streams.

degsie wrote: »
    Check out XBMC forums for IrishTV release. There is a new addon mentioned for HD RTE streams.

thanks but you got a link? Can't find anything recent...

thanks but you got a link? Can't find anything recent...

[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1 forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152897

I have several XBMC devices including a Xunity Eclipse and only on demand TV3 and TG4, no live streams, and no on demand RTE programmes. From reading the latest posts on that thread and this it seems not to work for anyone. The strange thing is some imbecile told me once how great live and on demand Irish content worked on XBMC as opposed to Plex - long before this new addons release.
    The new addon:

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/62480-Irish-Televsion?p=1703607#post1703607

I have not tried it yet but the comments look promising!

Thanks - tried that new plug-in - it works great for RTE live streams, but unfortunately does not provide access to the player content

• Advertisement

Thanks - tried that new plug-in - it works great for RTE live streams, but unfortunately does not provide access to the player content

That is great news regarding the live streams. I am in the middle of something so have not had time to set it up. Is it supposed to support the on demand content or just the streams? I am sure we can ask the dev if he could sort the on demand streams out.

Xbmc beats plex once again :)

It just provides links of various quality to the rte live streams, no options for the catch-up service of rte player

It just provides links of various quality to the rte live streams, no options for the catch-up service of rte player

Cool, might be something in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

The dev of the original plugin Mossy is on boards here someplace.
    No doubt he's busy or would be working on an update to incorparate this fix.

The working RTE stream addon linked seems to only work on Gotham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Firstj time trying the mossy irish tv add in. Running v14 Helix on ouya. Fails immediately when attempt to launch. Error is script failed. Is this known? Should it be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I've got this addon installed on Gotham.

TV3 player works
    RTE play stopped working a few months back
    RTE live Stream does NOT work.

I believe this addon was abandoned a few months back :(

TIP: The RTE live streams will work on the MX RTE player addon - google it ;)

It's a pity I'd really like to have a working RTE player addon for Kodi right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

use the Irish TV add-on.

it's in the official Kodi repo.

Does the job for me. Haven't tested it on Helix yet but used it a lot on Gotham so should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Remouad wrote: »
    use the Irish TV add-on.

Does the job for me. Haven't tested it on Helix yet but used it a lot on Gotham so should work.

Thats Mossy's add-on. It does not work for me on either Gotham or Kodie:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Remouad wrote: »
    use the Irish TV add-on.

Will this work on Frodo 12.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Thats Mossy's add-on. It does not work for me on either Gotham or Kodie:(

That's the one I'm talking about too.

Yeah only the TV3 stuff is working. I believe RTE changed their streaming technology mid 2014 and the addon hasn't worked since.

Pity that!
    Would have been useful to have it going with the catch up stuff on xbmx :(

Pity that!
    Would have been useful to have it going with the catch up stuff on xbmx :(

Cool! Is that a retro bike mounted media player?

If you have a Samsung TV you can root it with the SamyGO software and install RTÉ Player, 3Player, TG4 player, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, and 4OD all at the same time. Without root and SamyGO you can only have 'widgets' installed from an individual country at any one time. XMBC has a lot of uses but the Samsung widgets run the players the way they are meant to be and they work - all - of - the - time.

Wow! That's great to know. Unfortunately I have a Sony Bravia but would you say that Samsungs are the best to get with an eye on rooting etc?

Wow! That's great to know. Unfortunately I have a Sony Bravia but would you say that Samsungs are the best to get with an eye on rooting etc?

Honestly the last two televisions we have bought, the latest just after Christmas, have been Samsung as after researching they offered the best picture quality and features for the money.

I am not sure if other brands are rootable as I never checked but I can tell you there is a huge SamyGO community.

The Irish and UK apps work great for me on the H Series Samsung using the Unotelly DNS service to avoid UK geoblocking. I have rooted it and I am working on having apps from both countries installed at the same time which others have done.

If you or anyone else is considering this the first thing to do is turn off OTN firmware updates right away or before you connect your new TV to the Internet. There are guides on SamyGO how to do this properly, disabling via the regular TV options is not enough.

I've used player apps on the Roku, two different XBMC devices, and on an Android connected to the TV and from my experience there is no comparison with the ease of use, the viewing of each individual interface the way it is meant to be, and the reliability afforded by official Samsung TV widgets.

Definitely getting a Sammy next time then! Cheers!

• Advertisement

Don't laugh but you are obviously speaking about smart tvs yes?? :)

On thinking about it, clearly you are!!

I will retire my ambitions from xbmc for the moment so. I have a sony smart bluray player, I might look at hacking that to get rte player on to it.

Advertisement