Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can someone here run me through all this street pass and visitors because of E3 and the pink pieces?

I had a DS years ago when it came out and never used it, it's buried in the attic somewhere, anyway I ordered a 3DS xl and should have it at the end of next week. Will all this stuff be over then seeing as E3 is finished tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Can someone here run me through all this street pass and visitors because of E3 and the pink pieces?

I had a DS years ago when it came out and never used it, it's buried in the attic somewhere, anyway I ordered a 3DS xl and should have it at the end of next week. Will all this stuff be over then seeing as E3 is finished tomorrow.

Streetpass is a 3DS exclusive feature where certain information can be wirelessly shared between 3ds owners in close proximity of each other. Most of us use it for sharing puzzle pieces, which form a 3D dynamic picture/looping video when all the pieces have been collected. There are blue pieces that can be had via play coins which are generated through the built-in pedometer/accelerometer. The pink pieces can only be obtained by streetpassing someone who has them already, or via special Mii visitors which only make extremely rare appearances via spotpass (a similar feature but doesn't require system proximity, it's mainly used to share letters and drawings via the Letterbox application).

Also, a simple but entertaining quest game where you face monsters and ghosts can be played via Streetpass Quest, where the more often you meet certain Miis, the more powerful they become, unlocking hats etc for your Mii (avatar character).

Streetpass has lots of other uses and is a feature of many games, with different data shared through different games. For example, MarioKart 7 race time data can be shared via streetpass. In-game gifts can be obtained through games like Nintendogs+cats and Super Mario 3D Land. Time challenges for levels in New Super Mario Brothers 2, etc.

It's a genius and really fun feature. :)

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass

Another E3 special Mii visitor, Hayashida, came to visit today. :) that makes 5 special miis this week!

Edit: Koichi Hayashida, director of Super Mario Galaxy 2! Legend! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Banjo wrote: »
    While that'd sensible advice, it's not enough! There's probably a few more visitors coming to represent the other key games shown at E3. Let's synchronise the pink pieces we're selecting based on who's got what and in which region, then arrange day trips to maximise coverage. We're in the middle of a recession, ireland needs that streetpass tourist money more than ever! Let's do it for Dev!

Damo and I do this, so we get twice the pieces each :D

I'm excited now to go home for the next visitor.

I'm a little sad to be trading in my 3DS, we've had such great times together. Throwing her away for a better model, I'm a monster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Anybody see this article? It looks like StreetPass might become a little easier:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-to-fix-streetpass-in-usa-and-europe/

Also, kinda new here so if any one wants to add me: 4398-9467-9452

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I hope that includes us and not just countries with Nintendo zone...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

gubbie wrote: »
    I hope that includes us and not just countries with Nintendo zone...
    We have nintendo zones. In Supermacs apparently. Definitely one in Cork cause it installed the app on my 3ds.

We have nintendo zones. In Supermacs apparently. Definitely one in Cork cause it installed the app on my 3ds.

Really? How does it work? do you just walk in or do you have to do something on the console?

And another!!!!! special Mii visitor has arrived: Kensuke Tanabe. :)

And another!!!!! special Mii visitor has arrived: Kensuke Tanabe. :)

Yup! Just got him too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

One more piece to go on the Animal Crossing puzzle!
    Luigi's mansion already finished, but still most/all of the pink pieces from Fire Emblem to go!

Great seeing the lineup of gold-pantsed people in the plaza! :D

Luigi's mansion already finished, but still most/all of the pink pieces from Fire Emblem to go!

I just got my 3Ds recently so I need to build up all the puzzles. Where do you guys all work so I can constantly walk outside your places of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Nice, I'll only have two pieces left to get in Animal Crossing now after this. Can someone clarify whether he's wearing a dark green shirt too as I've stockpiled these two to team up in Streetpass Quest.

Edit:
    Colham wrote: »
    I just got my 3Ds recently so I need to build up all the puzzles. Where do you guys all work so I can constantly walk outside your places of work?
    I admire your dedication. :cool:

Colham wrote: »
    Really? How does it work? do you just walk in or do you have to do something on the console?

i dont know really. Aftrr a day out in Monkey Maze in cork i was parked outside the spar near a big out of town shopping center (so the hotspot is in one of those two places, i reckon), took out my 3ds and it installed the Nintendo Zone software automatically. When i tried to use it it couldnt log on, no connection.

i feel like i should add something like "and then i saw a ghost!" after that mysterious tale

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The last 2 or 3 special Miis have been wasted in streetpass quest because of a feckin dark room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

im 2 met special miis hayashida and tanabe today

Come to the streetpass meetup in Galway next month, I've got all the Fire Emblem pieces! ;)
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    The last 2 or 3 special Miis have been wasted in streetpass quest because of a feckin dark room

You should streetpass me, I'm dressed in white. ;)

Come to the streetpass meetup in Galway next month, I've got all the Fire Emblem pieces! ;)

You should streetpass me, I'm dressed in white. ;)
    white isnt special mii its gold lol

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    white isnt special mii its gold lol

But I am special, me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Streetpass meetup sounds awesome, when are you planning to have it?

Also all my special miis have gone to waste, stuck between the dark room in streetpass quest 1 and the scary ghoul things in SQ 2 :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Streetpass meetup sounds awesome, when are you planning to have it?

Also all my special miis have gone to waste, stuck between the dark room in streetpass quest 1 and the scary ghoul things in SQ 2 :\

See the Streetpass meetup topic here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056965727

If you attend we'll have four people, (Me, you, Justin, and another guy on meetup) I'll hopefully be putting up the posters in Galway Saturday week too so that should get some other people's attention!

RSVP'd :)

I'll tell the Dublin Pokémon Club about it too, I'm sure there'll be some interest. Hopefully we can beat the record from last time haa

ive 3 special mii so far and i need 7 more to complete Accomplishments 2, Get your 10th StreetPass tag with a Special Mii.

There were 5 special Miis so far this week alone. Where have you been man? You're normally the Nintendo Insider... ever since you discovered the Games \ Games forum your standards have slipped... I'm beginning to question your dedication to The Cause....

Look, we all want that accomplishment. There's only one way to get it. We need a crack team of Boardsies to infiltrate E3 and grab Miyamoto-san, bundle him into a suitcase (he'll fit in a standard RyanAir cabin bag, I've done some experiments on a dummy I made of him) and bring him to Dublin. I need 4 more people, one of whom needs to be able to pilot a jet. You want in?

I somehow missed Aonuma. Another guy I was talking to missed him as well. We both had the 3DS turned on (Yes, with the wireless turned on as well. :))

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I somehow missed Aonuma. Another guy I was talking to missed him as well. We both had the 3DS turned on (Yes, with the wireless turned on as well. :))

Could it be that your 3ds wasn't in a wi-fi zone during the time period of the Mii distribution?

I spotpassed 6 special Miis this week: Iwata, Aonuma, Konno, Tezuka, Hayashida, and Tanabe. So that's 7 special Mii encounters altogether (including Iwata last year). But is the achievement for meeting the same Mii 10 times?
    Look, we all want that accomplishment. There's only one way to get it. We need a crack team of Boardsies to infiltrate E3 and grab Miyamoto-san, bundle him into a suitcase (he'll fit in a standard RyanAir cabin bag, I've done some experiments on a dummy I made of him) and bring him to Dublin. I need 4 more people, one of whom needs to be able to pilot a jet. You want in?

Hey, I might be able to help! I'm going to Tokyo in a couple of weeks time, maybe I could find a special Mii and take him back to Ireland? I could be the muscle! :)

Could it be that your 3ds wasn't in a wi-fi zone during the time period of the Mii distribution?

Was the same place I was for the others - at home. :) And they're usually there for a few hours at least anyway. I heard about Iwata at least 5 hours before I got home and got him

I thought these special miis were only for people who played certain games, aka Aomura if you played Oot3D or the Oracle games? Castertroy have you played either of these on your 3DS?

well i only turned my 3ds on yesterday and just before yesterday its has being off since last Saturday

• Advertisement

ive Iwata, Hayashida, and Tanabe.

Advertisement