Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2011

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Seems like it was an awful shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

I had a great weekend!

photos below!

Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

lots of photos of the main acts and some other random shots from around the festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I had a good weekend, they really should have sold cans on site, it's the first festival where I wasn't left with surplus cans by the end. The scobes showed up in great numbers on the Saturday night, they were walking around the campsite in waves looking for people to start on and tents to rob. I noticed because I had to go back out a few times to re-fill my bag with cans. Speaking of which, I thought they let you in with booze once the bar closed? I wasn't searched once after 11 and I had been in and out a few times, each time with a bag full of cans, was I just lucky?

One of the highlights was The Gemini Project, first time experiencing that! https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gemini-Project/188454121206115

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

SteoL wrote: »
    What did people drink then??? :eek:

Pints at five quid a go :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

A_Fitz wrote: »
    Pints at five quid a go :/

That's bollix alright, pints at a festival makes no sense to me. Hate them poxy plastic pint glasses they hand out, would much prefer a can at the likes of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Ha. A load of Damos and Decos bouncing off people up the front in the Neelix vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

milltown wrote: »
    Ha. A load of Damos and Decos bouncing off people up the front in the Neelix vid.

Ah mate that's Gasher, Masher and Gnasher - haven't you heard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

er, pre-programmed set in ableton's arrangement view?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

jtsuited wrote: »

Was wondering why he was closing the laptop, then stooping to see the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »

Haha, brilliant! Have to say I can't listen to the audio in work but it looks like a grim affair…

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

milltown wrote: »

they look like they're having a good buzz in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This was absolutely brilliant, I think they are called the Gemini Project or something like that, it surprised the hell out of me at the Neutronyx stage on Sunday night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

I had a great weekend!

photos below!

Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

lots of photos of the main acts and some other random shots from around the festival!

Some good photos of Youngsta there.Was he as good as you would expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

zega wrote: »
    Some good photos of Youngsta there.Was he as good as you would expect?

Two of my mates - both who're into dubstep - said that it sounded like he was playing the same record all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Despite the incompetencies in queue design and flow control (coming in and at the campsite checkpoint), and the increased level of dodgy (lots more thefts and threats, and the large block of a guy who started trying to hit women before being dragged off by umpteen security), have to say I loved Life. Do hope the organizers take the feedback

But then, it is kinda what you make of it ;)

Advertisement