Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

If anyone is going down from Galway in Thursday afternoon, be you a trader, volunteer or security or whatever please pm me, I need a lift, will chip in for fuel etc... Otherwise I will have to get 3 buses to get there, Galway to Kinnegad by Citylink, the Dublin - Sligo Bus Eireann bus to Mullingar and finally the shuttle bus to the festival site.
    you've jumped the gun

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274694483-70.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

i might be interested ormus
    where abouts are you

i just PM'd you Electro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cheers Leif, I couldnt quite get that info when I was trawling the Bus Eireann website yesterday, I was going by the strength of an earlier Boards.ie post which meant I was to get two buses, before getting the shuttle bus. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055226539 Now I can get a direct return from Galway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

yeah I done that when I went. I got the train to Athlone then bussed it from there and back

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Timetable:

http://www.life-festival.com/lineup2011/PRETIMETABLE.pdf

Lektroluv no where to be seen. Thats grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

What time is the 'official' music curfew?

Some acts are starting at 3:30am (e.g. ANNAPURNAS on Friday), so assuming they play for at least an hour, that means 4:30am or 5:00am?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Headin down on the sunday, the life buses run on fri/sat down there but not sunday. *according to the web site

Anyone goin down from dublin sunday i could catch lift with? can chip in for petrol /diesel/coptor fuel smile.gif

1968 wrote: »
    What time is the 'official' music curfew?

Some acts are starting at 3:30am (e.g. ANNAPURNAS on Friday), so assuming they play for at least an hour, that means 4:30am or 5:00am?

And sunday's last act is 12.00 ,presumably there be some kind of sounds afterwards, anyone know going by previous years?

Thinking of going down sunday but probably not worth it if its all over by 1 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Sandwell District and Ramadanman clashing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

blueyedson wrote: »
    And sunday's last act is 12.00 ,presumably there be some kind of sounds afterwards, anyone know going by previous years?

Thinking of going down sunday but probably not worth it if its all over by 1 :eek:

I was talking to the lad in charge of the volunteering and he said there music right through the night...maybe not on sunday though,thinkin of just going sunday too but it would be **** enough if it finished at 1

• Advertisement

theillest wrote: »
    I was talking to the lad in charge of the volunteering and he said there music right through the night...maybe not on sunday though,thinkin of just going sunday too but it would be **** enough if it finished at 1

yeah true, my guess is people will have soundsystems for the forest or where ever after the stages are finished, still would like to know before going down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

sunday finishes at 1 afaik...fri & sat about 4 30 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Last year I don't think there was any music after 3 or half past, and obviously earlier on Sunday. There may have been people with stereos at the campsite but deffo no soundsystems in forests etc. I was around 'til 5am on the Sat night/Sun morning and there was **** all happening TBH. Wasn't at it in '09 but I heard the Dn'B tent played 'til 5ish. Also heard reports of late night/early morning sets in Gort in 2008 but I was gone home by that stage. It seems bound to run 'til 4 at least, though, judging by the timetable, and probably 12:30/1 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

Playing the Big Top from 2.30pm till 3.30pm on Sat noon ! Hope you all can make it ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 irishbambi

Looks amazing! First year going, hope the weather isint too bad tho :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Quick question guys....does anyone know if the buses are coming back to dublin at any stage on Friday night? My parents are headin down just for the Friday night, arnt camping and wondering how to get back!!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

no buses coming back friday night. check the life festival website, all bus times are there

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

any idea what time the lock up boxes truck closes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

So how was it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

heard it was Scumbag Central

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

heard it was Scumbag Central

Didn't think it was that bad. Nice mix of people. There was scangers there but they seemed well behaved to me. I'll be back there next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

the lot of em whacked out of it for the weekend id say

the lot of em whacked out of it for the weekend id say

Nowt wrong with that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Life was brilliant despite the downpours, when the sun did shine it was really warm, music amazing. Highlights Orb, Rinkadink, Intinn, Squee (plus man in amazing light suit, mental),Sip a Cup, Man with no name (heard this volunteering, directing traffic from car park, the Neutronyx sound system even from the other side of the festival sounded amazing), the drum n bass and lasers at the end of Saturday night in the red and white marquee. Did the festival actually sell out, I heard from another volunteer that they had to allocate extra space to campers.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Waaaaaaaaay back on other years TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 24 techtonic

Big step backwards allright, dodgy booking def brought out the scum in force. All though they didn't affect my buzz i heard a lot of bad stories. Liquid tent was then best, serious whack of the f1s

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

i had a buzz at this, i was staying in an apartment in mullingar so only went down when there was something on i wanted to see really, dont think id enjoy myself as much if i was camping, loads and loads of scum at it, there was a bit of a mill up sunday afternoon too, bout 20 knackers trying to kick the sh!t out of one another, heard of peoples tents getting robbed, seemed to be a general bad vibe around the camp site with all the knackers present.

got there round 10pm on friday, the hour and a half queue to get into the place was ridiculous, sandwell district and mills were class.

had a good laugh at Slam looking like complete cocks behind the decks on the saturday, eqing the fvck out of every sh!t track they played and generally just looking like ass holes throwing shapes and riding the mixer, fran harnett's live set after was absolute class as always.

sunday was spent mainly in a bit of a haze due to lack of sleep but a rake load of beers sorted that out and i was in great form by the evening, your man on before sunil was sh!te, sunil was fvcking class and hardfloor were decent enough.

id probably go again next year but the scumbag element might turn me off a bit, will see what the line ups like for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Jello wrote: »
    Sandwell District and Ramadanman clashing :mad:

Thank f*ck I didn't go, the two reasons I would have gone in the first place and they end up clashing.

Poor timetabling.

Upside:

Ramadanman's tune selection
    Rob Dubculture & Jonezy
    Flynn & Teddy
    Collie
    Oisin Murphy
    Jay Galligan
    Sound in the Liquid Tent
    Pinch was ok as well
    The chill-out tent - a welcome (and fun) addition

Downside:

Lots of scumbags
    All the reggae being outdoors, in the coldest, most windswept place on the site - disaster :/
    No cans being allowed in/no cans on sale in there (EP style)
    Missing Equinox (who everyone said was the best DJ of the weekend), Sandwell District, Mungo's and ScanOne. (no one's fault but my own)
    Ramadanman's poor programming
    A-Skillz - cheesy rubbish
    Dreadzone Soundsystem - wobbly, cheesy dubstep - about as far from actual Dreadzone material as you could get
    Poor timetabling overall.

They really need to re-think this thing, IMO.

• Advertisement

A_Fitz wrote: »
    Upside:

No cans being allowed in/no cans on sale in there (EP style)

What did people drink then??? :eek:

Advertisement