Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

line-up looks sick!

I think lektroluv is gonna be pretty good to be honest! Japenese popstars were really good last year but could be considered fairly commerical!

delighted to see zefer are playing again this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

delighted to see zefer are playing again this year :D

He plays every year. He's one of the lads running it. Having one of the organisers on the bill isnt much to get excited about.

Let's just hope there's a few more names added to the bill. A few big psytrance acts wouldnt go astray...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I'm playing, so they are clearly on point.

I'm playing, so they are clearly on point.
    im after tearing up my ticket there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

im after tearing up my ticket there

Would have been a cheaper option to just not witness my set. I'm bringing the industrialised polka with a blues twist...you'll love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Think if there was one festival I was doing this year, it'd be Life. But no, no festivals for me this summer, baby due to drop the following week from Life - so Kilmainham is out as well.

Lineup looks ok to be honest - a good bit of diversity with some decent enough bookings.

Suppose they think they have to a 'big name DJ' up the top, like Mills to sell tickets. Suppose that's why Digweed is there, but it's a little lazy - I mean how many tickets would Digweed sell to something like this now? Anyone at his gig in Tripod there a couple of month back - many at it?
    I'd wager for the same money, split it in two and get two acts who'll each sell more than what he'd sell. That's my tuppence worth anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

not a bad line up at all but the addition of letroluv will attract the scenesters in a big way..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

joker77 wrote: »
    Think if there was one festival I was doing this year, it'd be Life. But no, no festivals for me this summer, baby due to drop the following week from Life - so Kilmainham is out as well.

Lineup looks ok to be honest - a good bit of diversity with some decent enough bookings.

Suppose they think they have to a 'big name DJ' up the top, like Mills to sell tickets. Suppose that's why Digweed is there, but it's a little lazy - I mean how many tickets would Digweed sell to something like this now? Anyone at his gig in Tripod there a couple of month back - many at it?
    I'd wager for the same money, split it in two and get two acts who'll each sell more than what he'd sell. That's my tuppence worth anyway

Ye, I was at the Digweed gig. Not a sellout by any means but a decent sized crowd. There was enough space to move around anyway.

Not a great gig at all though. He was pretty meh tbh. Just plodded around for about 2 hours but then the last hour or so was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

gorilla_ie wrote: »
    not a bad line up at all but the addition of letroluv will attract the scenesters in a big way..

it will indeed, that in turn will bring more plain clothes garda, so on and so on, will be a **** weekend!

fcuk 515

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

He plays every year. He's one of the lads running it. Having one of the organisers on the bill isnt much to get excited about.

Let's just hope there's a few more names added to the bill. A few big psytrance acts wouldnt go astray...

ah cool! didn't realise he was involved!

the bito psytrance is always a nice addition, I spent a good few hours in the psy area last year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    it will indeed, that in turn will bring more plain clothes garda, so on and so on, will be a **** weekend!

fcuk 515

You should start listening to Neil Diamond or summat because dance music gets you fierce riled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

fcuk 515

id more worried about the crowd john digweed would atract tbh,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

are Celtic playing at Life this year? :p

3200591710a3741826995b307443770l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

its gonna attract all the "Howiyas"

mark my words it'll be a scumfest this year!

i'll be hitting Mystik Fest instead

fcuk 515
    The organisers are doing everything in their power to bring the wrong crowd in.

More plain clothes gards? How do you reckon that? Last year the gards were said to be very laid back, with only a sparse presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gorilla_ie wrote: »
    its gonna attract all the "Howiyas"

mark my words it'll be a scumfest this year!

i'll be hitting Mystik Fest instead

Lulz, there will be no pikeys at mystikfest either....

:D

You've obviously never had the pleasure/misfortune to end up there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

The organisers are doing everything in their power to bring the wrong crowd in.

More plain clothes gards? How do you reckon that? Last year the gards were said to be very laid back, with only a sparse presence.

this festy in particular is one big training and intelligence gathering opportunity,

scumier crowds will equals more fish to shoot in the barrel so that's how i reckon the place will be crawling with undercovers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd go to Life without even knowing the linup because the craic is so good down there. Last year was pretty much the most fun weekend I've ever had. Little worried about how it might turn into a scumfest though - 'Dickweed' definitely won't help matters. The smaller festivals are usually nacker free for the first few years but once word gets out that it's good, and you throw in a well known DJ, its bound to happen. I'll probably still go - lets just hope the drug supply is of suffient quality that the tracksuit bragade don't cause too much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Zascar wrote: »
    lets just hope the drug supply is of suffient quality that the tracksuit bragade don't cause too much hassle
    give them all a fist of sleepers as they arrive, tuck them into their sleeping bags with a nice story then go party for the weekend. That's what we used to do back in the 1930s :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

What are they at bringing him over?

ah he smacks it out with the most ridiculous build ups and drops known to man ahaha.
    But nah in all seriousness was never into that whole filthy electro thing until i saw him,think hes a very good dj really gives it socks.

And somebody said Scenester talking about people who would show up to see lektroluv.....what the ****s a scenster?hipster? Skinny jeans?in to dub step because its alternative kind of lads?having ridiculous haircuts?that sort?

When i seen him in tripod didnt seem to be many of that sort around,well there was a few but not much more than you'd see at any other gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'll be unfortunately giving Life Festival a miss it clashes with the Champions League final i cannot miss that under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭karlm37

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'll be unfortunately giving Life Festival a miss it clashes with the Champions League final i cannot miss that under any circumstances.

They've been saying on Facebook they'll be showing it in the main arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

karlm37 wrote: »
    They've been saying on Facebook they'll be showing it in the main arena

that's good to hear im still hopeful (but not overly confident) ill get a ticket for it, otherwise ill be in Manchester watching it, second only to actually being there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Good enough line-up overall, IMO, but I think Life is gonna get too big and mainstream in the next year or two TBH

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Ye'd swear there was an Irish team playing in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

A_Fitz wrote: »
    Good enough line-up overall, IMO, but I think Life is gonna get too big and mainstream in the next year or two TBH
    When word gets around to enough piebalds that there's this festival where everyone gets madouhvit and listens to banging thump for three days straight, it'll be the end of Life as we know it.

I still have obscenely high hopes for this year, though.

Hoping for another big name to be announced coming up to the festival, a la Villalobos last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Pace2008 wrote: »

Hoping for another big name to be announced coming up to the festival, a la Villalobos last year.

Doubt it, what with a huge chunk of the budget gone on Digweed and Mills

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Hoping to go to this heard good reports. Only thing is we are wrong side of 30 something :eek: Hoping there will be a nice age mix, what do ye reckon

Doubt it, what with a huge chunk of the budget gone on Digweed and Mills
    What a waste though. Two ****ing has-beens of the highest order. Pathetic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

Yeah, I really fear for this year tbh.

I don't want to seem like a snob, but I've heard of so many people I know who wouldn't have the slightest interest in the dance music scene who are going. They seem to be viewing it as a mini-Oxegen...

And showing the Champions League final in the main arena doesn't seem very "Life" tbh. (not that I've anything against football fans, but people wearing united jerseys and watching a match doesn't really seem to fit with Life's psy/hippy/alternative vibe)

But I guess it's not sustainable to run it as a primarily psy festival, and to be fair, there's always an awesome psy stage every year, and they got some amazing psy acts last year and in previous years.

Just hope there're few scumbags!

Advertisement