Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers for next season (including transfer rumours!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Wales centre Ashley Beck has signed a two-year contract extension with the Ospreys until the end of the 2015/16 season

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Wales centre Ashley Beck has signed a two-year contract extension with the Ospreys until the end of the 2015/16 season

Excellent player. Himself and Isaacs make a great pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Oh lord no.

It was a terrible call with zero justification behind.

Yeah Carney was a bit of a disaster, but the worst part was somebody decent (I can't remember who - Bowe, or Fitzgerald or Kearney maybe?) got left behind due to his inclusion, it was quite controversial at the time.

Speaking of transfer fees, Munster paid a transfer fee (compensation) for Carney at the time. I don't think it was a significant amount though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bowe was left out for Carney. RK and Fitz had only just made their debuts in the previous 10 months and I don't think anyone would have expected them to be in the squad. Bowe had started 6N games the year before though and was relatively young. He certainly wasn't the player he became but could feel quite screwed over to be left at home for a bloke that played his first game of union for Munster in March of 2007.

Rumours Henson to Dragons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

as a ballboy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Where is he now?

http://www.606v2.com/t50257p900-transfers-2014-2015-season
    All rumoured to tigers

De Marchi
    > Replacement for Stanko
    Campagnaro
    > Replacement For Bowden (Rumoured to be going, Bath looks more of an option if Henson goes)
    Seremaia Bai (apparently already signed)
    > Replacement for Lamb.

Leicester Tigers chief scout, very secretive in terms of showing his face. was on Radio Leicester Thurs, was saying a lot of Italian agents were contact him asking for him to have a look at there players and sign them, supporters De Marchi and Campagnaro.

Also Rumoured that Goneva may be re-signing on a 2 year deal. (no Source)

Sam Burgess is confirmed to be moving to Bath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Griffin to LI has gotten serious legs over on the Connacht page.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Edinburgh bringing in three more Scottish qualified foreigners: http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3825_9170634,00.html

Have they got no indigenous talent?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Edinburgh bringing in three more Scottish qualified foreigners: http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3825_9170634,00.html

Stuart Hogg.

Other than that no, no they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Fair play for them for hunting down the blood lines!

If we had secured Maitland like that I'd be delighted.

.ak wrote: »
    Fair play for them for hunting down the blood lines!

If we had secured Maitland like that I'd be delighted.

Maitland was a unique case though, he was an established player at Super XV level.

And more importantly, none of those three is an out-half which is the position Scotland are most in need of filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

And more importantly, none of those three is an out-half which is the position Scotland are most in need of filling.

The SRU boardroom is the position in most need of filling.

I think one 'granny rule' player or two a la Michael Bent is fine, but I wouldn't want a province bringing them in by the vanload like Edinburgh. It can't be good for the morale of the academy coaches and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I think one 'granny rule' player or two a la Michael Bent is fine, but I wouldn't want a province bringing them in by the vanload like Edinburgh. It can't be good for the morale of the academy coaches and players.

A la kilted Kiwis?

They have form for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

if the academy players are good enough they will get over it and strive to be better they are professionals not 15 year olds

the only exception i would have is people coming in and not buying in to there local club/country the irish provinces have done an excellent job of bringing in guys that where not only here for the pay dayguys like strauss and howlett have ended up more passionate ab

• Advertisement

Sale: where promising scrum halves from the 2005 Lions tour go to kill their careers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Carlin Isles to Glasgow

Hagz wrote: »
    Carlin Isles to Glasgow

And he's gone, hear he is over Russia now :pac:

Didn't he only sign a training contract with the Detroit Lions a few weeks back?! If he manages to adjust, he could be a great weapon for any side but raw pace alone will never be enough. Ngwenya has been the success story of the speedsters but he can be shut down comprehensively with the right attention.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hagz wrote: »
    Carlin Isles to Glasgow

seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Griffin to LI has gotten serious legs over on the Connacht page.

it's a done deal, 2 year contract signed & announced by LI. Surprised that Munster didn't have a look to be honest.

it's a done deal, 2 year contract signed & announced by LI. Surprised that Munster didn't have a look to be honest.

It wouldn't surprise me if London Irish are offering great contracts to Irish players. The head of the new consortium said they wanted to bring in more Irish faces. It might not be the worst thing for the national team if there's another side around willing to give a shot to Irish/IQ players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

A Leinster prop is outward bound, more than likely Bent or O'Connell, probably O'Connell.

Given the void in devastating pace at Leinster since Hickie left, I wish we could have given Isles a trial run with the A's or even just training with us. I miss that pace out wide.

I'll be watching with great interest to see how he gets on in Glasgow. Reportedly will be making his debut against Leinster at the RDS.

Advertisement