Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Got my Fedex email this morning.
    Tix due for delivery on Thursday - hope they have my number to call - I'll be there in a flash (traffic depending) to get them.

Now to book flights & accommodation...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

This is a question for the mods -[sorry possibly should have sent a private message but wanted to gauge interest to see if its a good idea] is it possible that people could post up here if they have spare tickets available that they want to pass onto people within the boards community. I'm well aware you can't sell them for profit - feel it could be useful if 'friends' on boards provided spare tickets information that they had for whatever reason.

Just thought I'd ask :) - I know they is loads of people still looking for tickets so even if they picked up a ticket for something, if could make their day and tickets wont go to waste as such.

thanks

trihead

ps - i am not a ticket tout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

trihead wrote: »
    This is a question for the mods -[sorry possibly should have sent a private message but wanted to gauge interest to see if its a good idea] is it possible that people could post up here if they have spare tickets available that they want to pass onto people within the boards community. I'm well aware you can't sell them for profit - feel it could be useful if 'friends' on boards provided spare tickets information that they had for whatever reason.

Just thought I'd ask :) - I know they is loads of people still looking for tickets so even if they picked up a ticket for something, if could make their day and tickets wont go to waste as such.

thanks

trihead

Seems like a good idea. The website says you can exchange the tickets amongst your friends/family members for face value so i dont see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

trihead wrote: »

thanks

trihead

Excellent idea! I have been on the London 2012 website whenever I can for the last 3 weeks and there is no sign of tickets for the sports I want to see. A very frustrating experience as I am waiting to book the flights, depending on what tickets I manage to get

Tickets arrived - woohoo. :D

No spares I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Tickets arrived - woohoo. :D

No spares I'm afraid.

Good man! What tickets did you get?

Just the Athletics evening session on August 7.

M High Jump Final
    W Long Jump Qualification
    W 100m Hurdles Semi & Final (Derval hopefully)
    M Discus Final
    M 800m Semi
    W 200m Semi
    M 1500m Final

M High Jump Final
    M Discus Final
    M 800m Semi
    W 200m Semi
    M 1500m Final

That's a good night's track and field! I have just the 50km walk myself. Hoping to get an athletics session, but after watching the site like a hawk for the last few weeks it is impossible to get them there as they seem to sell out as soon as they are put up on it. :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

M High Jump Final
    M Discus Final
    M 800m Semi
    W 200m Semi
    M 1500m Final
    See you there. Got some tickets for that session myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Anyone know if you only get the free travel pass if you have bought your tickets from Locog? Just wondering if you bought them through the Dutch site would you get the free travel pass?

According to the Dutch site, the tickets are being sent the first week of July which is this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Being sent over by Mizuno on the 6th of Aug.Mens 400m final and ladies Steeple.Am & pm session.All paid for :D

G-Money wrote: »
    Anyone know if you only get the free travel pass if you have bought your tickets from Locog? Just wondering if you bought them through the Dutch site would you get the free travel pass?

According to the Dutch site, the tickets are being sent the first week of July which is this week.

I'd be nearly sure the travel passes would be included. The dutch crowd got their tickets from Locog, so no reason they wouldnt pass them onto us. They're just the middlemen.

Yeah expecting mine this week. Bit sick of waiting for them at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd want to be getting some more travel passes for the €100 I'm giving them to send me two separate envelopes with tickets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

My tickets from the French site arrived today via UPS.

Best new so far, Ennis is picked for the 100m Hurdles...and the final of that is on the day I have tickets for. :P Hopefully, she makes the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

M High Jump Final
    M Discus Final
    M 800m Semi
    W 200m Semi
    M 1500m Final

Me too. We should make it a Boards night out:D

Just got an email from Royal Mail, they said they will attempt to deliver my Olympic tickets today up home.

robinph wrote: »
    Best new so far, Ennis is picked for the 100m Hurdles...and the final of that is on the day I have tickets for. :P Hopefully, she makes the final.

You'll see her in Birmingham anyway ;)

It seems we all have Tuesday night tickets. Quietest night for GB

No-one at home to sign for the delivery so it's back at the depot. They should be getting collected tomorrow though fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Am I seriously the only one here without an athletics ticket for London? :eek:This is getting ridiculous, but after 8 or 9 attempts I've sort of given up.

I'm absolutely astonished that there has been no sign of morning session tickets for these Games. Seriously, is there really going to be 80,000 people in the stadium at 10am going bazurk over the Decathlon long jump and the first round heats of the women's steeplechase? SURELY there will be tickets floating around outside the stadium for these sessions.

I'd only go to a morning session if there is Irish interest, and I'm a fanatic. Why on earth would 80,000 Joe Public's be bothered with these sessions? This is all a mystery!

In any case, if anybody knows of somebody who has a spare for an athletics session (morning or evening) please get in touch. :)

• Advertisement

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    Am I seriously the only one here without an athletics ticket for London?

No, you're not and I'd say there are many more in the same boat. I have been trying and trying for weeks and this morning I got the chance to buy a pair of £450 tickets (located on the back straight) for the evening session of the first day, August 3. At a total price of £900, they were just too expensive.

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    I'm absolutely astonished that there has been no sign of morning session tickets for these Games. Seriously, is there really going to be 80,000 people in the stadium at 10am going bazurk over the Decathlon long jump and the first round heats of the women's steeplechase? SURELY there will be tickets floating around outside the stadium for these sessions.

I find it almost impossible to believe it too. I don't think I have ever seen morning sessions of any major athletics championship full to capacity.

The only thing you can do is keep trying the website and/or ringing the Olympic ticket office on 0044 20 7998 1919. I fully believe that perseverence is bound to reap rewards eventually. :) Failing that, there is always Plan B: take a chance with the box office at the Olympic Park.

Sportsworld.co.uk will be selling tickets for a variety of sports including athletics from 10am tomorrow morning.

Sportsworld.co.uk will be selling tickets for a variety of sports including athletics from 10am tomorrow morning.

How does one go about getting an account for their website? I see no sign of a link anywhere.

How does one go about getting an account for their website? I see no sign of a link anywhere.

I don't remember exactly but I think you might have to sign up at the time tickets go on sale.

Gonna try alright, but i have a feeling every tom dick and harry will be online. James Pearce tells the world on twitter and ruins it for everyone.

Managed to get tickets for the first Saturday (women's 100m, men's long jump) and first Sunday (men's 100m)!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They're being a bit cheeky at the moment, appears to be quite a few Cat C/D tickets up (ie. non-insane prices) but then try and follow it through and it offers Cat A (£450 for an evening session, fcuk that).

• Registered Users Posts: 48 glassmullan

got cat d tickets for the athletics today, finally after over a year of trying, and got it on the official site... over the moon

One of my mates managed to get a load of tickets this morning. Think there was at least three athletics morning sessions, along with a bunch of other events he said...and each for £60 or less.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Think there was at least three athletics morning sessions, along with a bunch of other events he said...and each for £60 or less.

I wonder are they starting to reduce the prices of some categories to those of lower categories to ensure they are sold....

Advertisement