Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,517 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

irishfeen wrote: »
    So i'm not picking up any of them??:rolleyes:

You're receiving the the 2 muxes from Maghera, UHF Chs. 48 (690 MHz) & 55 (746 MHz).

http://www.rtenl.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/SAORVIEW-Frequencies-Rev-2.5.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The Cush wrote: »
    You're receiving the the 2 muxes from Maghera, UHF Chs. 48 (690 MHz) & 55 (746 MHz).

http://www.rtenl.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/SAORVIEW-Frequencies-Rev-2.5.pdf
    Thanks mate, obviously must be a big difference between the signal i'm picking up from the different Muxes from Maghera.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not sure if I am getting MUX2 test signals but i seem to have about 7 or 8 RTENL test card channels this morning, one after the other after my BBC1 channel. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

adox wrote: »
    Not sure if I am getting MUX2 test signals but i seem to have about 7 or 8 RTENL test card channels this morning, one after the other after my BBC1 channel. :confused:

Mux 2 is all Test Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Mux2 coming in from Crosshaven transmitter.
    It's on channel 56, 754MHz.

My Ariva reported tuning 8 channels, but only 7 turned up (at the end of the channel list, as usual)

There are 4 or 5 different test cards showing. One shows text RTENL/Ath Cliath/ardghleine and a moving pair of bars across the bottom that might be like the BBCHD one that allows you to compare video and audio delay.

No new radio channels.

Ariva users: to tune Mux2 in quickly go Menu - Installation - down to Terrestrial Manual Scan - set scan mode By Channel, scan band UHF, Ch No XX, and then "search"

If you don't know which channel number it's on, just pressing the left/ right buttons on Ch No will move to the next possible channel - if there is signal there the "signal quality" bar will light up green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 operon

HI all, no idea what extra muxes I'm receiving here in Antrim, but am getting 6 Test channels with varying different test cards then extra channels after those called Seirís Trialach but with no picture

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

operon wrote: »
    HI all, no idea what extra muxes I'm receiving here in Antrim, but am getting 6 Test channels with varying different test cards then extra channels after those called Seirís Trialach but with no picture

Those are the test radio channels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭zg3409

Seirís Trialach
    is trial service in Gaelic. I doubt the BBC nor Arquiva have any Gaelic on their test cards, unless it's Scots Gaelic, or Ulster Scots Gaelic. Heck even TG4 is broadcast in Belfast so forget what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Hi folks. I am in Monaghan (Dunno which mast I am pointing to) and on my Philips TV, I received
    • 7 Test Services (with different aspect ratios on a few of them) showing test cards (This is obviously Mux2) and
    • 10 Radio Stations - 2 of them are actually broadcasting. The first one is RTE One and the 5th one is RTE Pulse. All the rest are dead air (pun not intended)
      and the
    • SSU channel (which is giving a blank screen, normally if there is nothing coming in, the TV would say "No Signal" or "Scrambled Content" (Like GOLD, Sky Sports on Freeview) )

Hopefully we will see RTE TV/TV3/TG4 and more turning to HD soon :) (If that is what they are doing lol)

• SSU channel (which is giving a blank screen, normally if there is nothing coming in, the TV would say "No Signal" or "Scrambled Content" (Like GOLD, Sky Sports on Freeview) )

SSU - System Software Update, Saorview's data/engineering channel for over-the-air receiver software-update downloads probably. Won't appear as an actual channel in the epg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Does Three Rock have MUX2 yet if anyone knows?

Does Three Rock have MUX2 yet if anyone knows?

Yep. Getting it perfectly on 33 in Fairview.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Will this TV have it! I know I tuned in Mux1 on it

Will this TV have it! I know I tuned in Mux1 on it

If you can get Mux 1 already then it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

Picking up Clermont 56 and have all the test channels stored. Ahh, lovely test cards. I wonder how long we will have to wait before we see some actual content?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

Mux 2 receivable at my location 8 km south of Tuam from Cairn Hill ch 44, Maghera ch 55 and Tonabrucky ch. 23. Nothing from Castlebar or Truskmore atm aside from mux 1.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ninja900 wrote: »
    Some Saorview boxes can record.
    which approved box can't record ?

Three Rock
    Channel 30 546MHz
    Channel 33 570MHz Test

Kippure
    Channel 54 738MHz
    Channel 58 770MHz Test

I seem to be getting RTENL Ath Cliath Ardghleine on Test Service 2 (12 on the remote)
    on both - though this may be the box locking onto the strongest signal.

The Receiver Upgrade option is taking longer to search than normal.

V.8.5a 17:12
    2012-05-08 13:46:17
    Dcf no /0009df/106a.dcf

It only gets to the first step on the progress bar (beneath the letter o)
    I exited after 10 minutes - channel was Test Service 3

It would be nice if they left these channels "on test" with simulcast RTE1 and TG4 in HD over Christmas

still nothing tagged with Genre :(

With all the test cards it's like memory lane :)

1 HD
    2 HD
    4 4:3
    5 4:3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

which recorder is an approved box?

That is actually in the shops too! I couldn't resist. Sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Mr. Rabbit

Mux 2 from Clermont Cairn is currently off air.

Test service 2's EPG info. is showing that it's an HD channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Mux 2 from Maghera is now off.

• Advertisement

Mux 2 from Maghera is now off.

Mullaghanish mux2 still running.

It was posted last week that all tests would go by the middle of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

The Cush wrote: »
    Mullaghanish mux2 still running.

It was posted last week that all tests would go by the middle of this week.
    I suppose until the carriage charges are sorted out no new channels are going to appear on Mux 2. Only God knows when that issue will be sorted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭scruffy66

Anybody notice any new lip sink issues since these new transmissons have been broadcast, i think they did something to cause this, worse lip sink i've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimbowilson

MUX-2 Holywell Hill off air and no signal. Probably that's the last we'll see of MUX-2 until near this time next year! Fired up to keep ice forming inside the transmission panels during the recent cold spell lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RonanAnthony

MUX 2 gone here from Truskmore today also

Gone from Three Rock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

And Kippure.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

which approved box can't record ?

I think I remember hearing that one of the early ones didn't - could have been an Aldi or Lidl one - could have been added later with a software update.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Mr. Rabbit

MUX-2 Holywell Hill off air and no signal. Probably that's the last we'll see of MUX-2 until near this time next year! Fired up to keep ice forming inside the transmission panels during the recent cold spell lol.

Unless of course, they're preparing to launch !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭tlaavtech

Mt. Leinster off too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement