Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CT Beers ?????

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah well, it was merely a suggestion, I'm open to the possibilities.

anyone want to suggest a venue or a date????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'm not from Dublin, and avoid the place like the plague, so I haven't a clue where'd be good, but any of the other weekends in April should be alright for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

You can't go wrong in Kehoe's off Grafton St - snugs so eavesdropping will be difficult, and two ways in or out in case of trouble. Also a great pub...

Or if you want to spy on the great and the good (i.e. billionaires and TDs), you could try the bar under the Merrion Hotel on Merrion St, Doheny & Nesbitts on Baggot St. (another decent pub I've had many an evening in) or even Buswell's Hotel on Molesworth St.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

) or even Buswell's Hotel on Molesworth St.

added bonus for being a few doors away from the Dublin Masonic Lodge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i can picture it now.. drunken group of paranoid conspiracy theorists some skeptics and a debunker sounds like a film a film with a bloody ending... :eek: i bet someone will blame it on the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

You can't go wrong in Kehoe's off Grafton St - snugs so eavesdropping will be difficult, and two ways in or out in case of trouble. Also a great pub...

Or if you want to spy on the great and the good (i.e. billionaires and TDs), you could try the bar under the Merrion Hotel on Merrion St, Doheny & Nesbitts on Baggot St. (another decent pub I've had many an evening in) or even Buswell's Hotel on Molesworth St.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj03zwh7RfC2DtUjKLhmrbxDHz_N-MdlT9kyCwivqnpqWvLuMvPA

I hope the bouncers don't object to my dress sense.;)

uprising2 wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj03zwh7RfC2DtUjKLhmrbxDHz_N-MdlT9kyCwivqnpqWvLuMvPA

I hope the bouncers don't object to my dress sense.;)
    If you swap your cap for a top hat, you're set.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

More of a reader than a speaker, this is my favourite forum on boards. Won't be in Dublin but if anyone's in Cork and up for pinties then the bróg for €3 pints will go down well with my and my unemployed ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Any with Faraday cages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 AnonoMouse

When's this on, so?

Any with Faraday cages?
    You could probably cobble something together if everybody brings an umbrella...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

pandaboy wrote: »
    More of a reader than a speaker, this is my favourite forum on boards. Won't be in Dublin but if anyone's in Cork and up for pinties then the bróg for €3 pints will go down well with my and my unemployed ass.
    class pub :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

This sounds like a good idea, I'd defo be up for meeting up with yas. I found a mahatma coat on facebook but it turned out not to be the same guy as on this thread so I decided to register....

I'll keep an eye on this thread for time and place, be good to put faces to the names finally.

Peace Talk E ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Talk E wrote: »

Peace Talk E ;)

Is your surname Walk E?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

You could probably cobble something together if everybody brings an umbrella...
    Oh no, no umbrellas. Too easy to modify one to fire ricin coated pellets. :p Is there going to be some sort of dress code? Trench coats and wide brimmed hats all round? ;)

well this is promising, I've had a few Pm's too so it al looks good, I'll need another week or so befor the money I brought from Australia clears and I can pay for these Pints.

but if ANYONE wants to suggest a venue or a date, I was thinkin a Friday or Saturday night, and somewhere reasonably central, but after that I'm easy.

As for dresscode, how about we all wear Tinforl hats:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I think the illuminati will probably have the place we meet rigged with cameras and microphones inside beer mats .etc.

So i think we should meet at one pub or somewhere and then decide on somewhere else to move to after we meet .
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

espinolman wrote: »
    I think the illuminati will probably have the place we meet rigged with cameras and microphones inside beer mats .etc.

So i think we should meet at one pub or somewhere and then decide on somewhere else to move to after we meet .
    :cool:

Have it sorted!;), get familiar with some:

COUNTER SURVEILLANCE

Counter Surveillance is a skill that all Intelligence officers and professional operatives must master. Physical surveillance can occur on an Intelligence officer or operative no matter how he chooses to travel so he must be able to perform counter surveillance while walking, driving and on all forms of transportation. Classic Counter Surveillance is usually done while on foot (walking) and this technique is probably the most complicated form. It is also the most interesting and spy-like form of Counter Surveillance; all great Cold War stories always contain tales of the spy doing counter surveillance while walking in some drab, rainy Eastern European city.
    http://www.spytrainer.com/Articles/Counter_Surveillance.htm

First, if you suspect that there is a camera in your home or place of business, be very aware of what you say. If you suspect that your phone may be bugged, use a phone at an alternate location. Use code words to refer to sensitive names, information, or projects, or simply tell the person speaking that you can't discuss them at the present time. If you suspect you may be being watched, you probably are, so take measures to protect sensitive information from prying eyes and eavesdropping ears.
    When you are out in public, be especially aware of your surroundings. Reporters, paparazzi, and other spies will often wear plain clothes and attempt to listen in on your conversations. Be aware of these covert techniques, and be careful what you say in a public place. If you don't know who might be listening in, again, avoid mentioning sensitive names, dates, or projects. You don't want your private information on the front page of tomorrow's paper! If you must discuss a project, go to a private location that you are sure is secure, and talk about it there. Restaurants, cafes, and alleys are not as private as they may appear at first glance.
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Counter-Surveillance-Techniques&id=1124740

Techniques in Countersurveillance : The Fine Art of Bug Extermination in the Real World of Intelligence Gathering
    http://www.amazon.com/Techniques-Countersurveillance-Extermination-Intelligence-Gathering/dp/1581600208#reader_1581600208

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

well this is promising, I've had a few Pm's too so it al looks good, I'll need another week or so befor the money I brought from Australia clears and I can pay for these Pints.

but if ANYONE wants to suggest a venue or a date, I was thinkin a Friday or Saturday night, and somewhere reasonably central, but after that I'm easy.

As for dresscode, how about we all wear Tinforl hats:D:D:D:D

Pictures if yous do lmao :D or we wont believe you :mad:

• Advertisement

I noticed an announcement a few days ago about a Boards Beers/gig/fundraiser/whatever at the mercantile on Saturday the 23rd :pac:

how about that, pints for the best tinfoil hats :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

OMG. If I am dressed as a secret agent I may be rumbled!

I can find no reference to the 23rd Beers thing anymore, anyone know if this is still on????

I know I would rather go to a Boards beers and just be one part in the corner than an actual CT Specific event, I'm sure a lot of the other posters here would value that little bit of anonimity too.

so how about we wait til the next official Beers and then we can arrange to meet up.

the last thing I want is for a dozen or so of the CT crowd to show up and then a big pile of Lurkers trying to guess who is who and making those I want to meet feel rather uncomfortable about the whole thing.

OK it looks like the boardstock thing is still on
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056231652&page=2

so I'm in.

should be a few people there and a bit of craic

however it is 5 euro to get in :( which might not suit everyone, but it is for Charidee.

now to book a hotel somewhere.

who?

Em? What has that to do with the CT Beers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Ok i deleted some posts , where and when is this thing , does'nt say in the link mahatmacoat posted .

when : 23rd April, 9ish til we get booted out inta the cold
    where :The Mercantile,Dame street, in conjunction with the BoardStock bands thingy

Accom options
    either book our own hotel rooms option OR if a few people are interested we could book a 4-8 Bed Dorm somewhere in one of the 'nicer' Hostels

looks like its every Man/Woman/Lizzzzzzzzzzard for himself on the accom :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I'd be on for heading to this, assuming my pay packet comes through on the 22nd otherwise I'll be penniless :(

How will I know where you guys are sitting? Will you have the tinfoil hats on? :D

Advertisement