Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CT Beers ?????

Options
  • 22-03-2011 6:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

I'll be home next month and I would really like to catch up with some of ye in Person, anyone got any Ideas where we could all meet up for a few
    Pints and a long winded chat about the state of the world:D:D

Skeppies invited too, ya need 2 sides for a running riot ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg

trap_card.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

no I'm serious

I really would like to meet up with a lot of the posters here,

I think it would be good for us as a group to meet face to face, maybe see about finding some of the other lost members like Casey and Mysterious and get the Lurkers to come along

As a sweetner I will buy a Pint for the first ten posters to confirm:D
    ETA
    whats the Price of a pint back home anyway???????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

confirmed.

*may not be confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭phosphate

i'm not in the vicinity of dublin.

OK Possibly 9 Pints left,
    I'm not in Dublin either, hence the decision to give fair warning, I'm sure we could find somewhere reasonably priced to stay for the night, There are a few Hostels near Bus Aras that are reasonably tidy and cheap, IIRC one of them even had a vending machine that sold Beer ;)

or we could consider somewhere outside the Pale if thats what suits the group.

I think if we give it 4-6 Weeks we could work out a system where our foreign based posters could come over from Malmo and Switzerland :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

See you then , in a month or so .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'd meet up for a pint, provided I'm free. I've always thought it would be interesting for people to meet up. I'd say most people would get along just fine in person. So stick me down for a free pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,337 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh if mysterious goes I'm almost definitely in!

yeah I have a Wishlist of people I'd really Really Really like to meet
    obviously the current Mods :p
    and some of the Regulars
    but i want to make a special appeal to
    BONKEY
    is someone I would love to sit down over a copious Quantity of Few;) Pints

also the Regulars like BB and Uprising, but also Mob and Phantom and some of the lurkers and skeppies

Just in case a fight breaks out, I want to point out that I'm a big pussy and won't be moderating any row that breaks out, especially if Uprising gets rowdy ;)

• Advertisement

yekahS wrote: »
    Just in case a fight breaks out, I want to point out that I'm a big pussy and won't be moderating any row that breaks out, especially if Uprising gets rowdy ;)

I might make some yellow and red cards and hand them out to anyone who doesn't offer to buy me a pint

Just in case a fight breaks out, I want to point out that I'm a big pussy and won't be moderating any row that breaks out, especially if Uprising gets rowdy

our new model Army Eh:D:D:D

Anyway thats given me a great idea for teh Accomodation issue. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Think it's a fantastic idea and I'd löve to go there is some really interesting people who post there and it'd be good to shoot the breeze with them. The problem for me is not so much living in another country but being a recovering alcoholic.

You should try and locate Talkiewalkie I'd say he's good craic. Fuuuuuuuck! really want to go, it'd be surreal but once everyone relaxed it'd be good craic.

hang on, you're not Talkie Walkie as well :confused:

Recoverin Alcoholic == Married, dont it.

Make a weekend of it, we promise not to tell the missus ;)

or you could be our Driver ;) or at least tell her that :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

If I dress up as Lady Gaga can I come along? ???

(and get a free pint from MC):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Nooooo!

Skeptics will be on one side, CTers on the other all throwing glasses, food and beermats across the room at each other. Bouncers will throw out the most vocal and we'll be left with just a mixed group at one table with the bouncers standing right over us - checking that no one throws anything or kicks anyone under the table. There will be a dark mysterious figure at the window outside looking in making people restless. At the end of the night, we'll all go home alone feeling frustrated.

Nooooo!

Skeptics will be on one side, CTers on the other all throwing glasses, food and beermats across the room at each other. Bouncers will throw out the most vocal and we'll be left with just a mixed group at one table with the bouncers standing right over us - checking that no one throws anything or kicks anyone under the table. There will be a dark mysterious figure at the window outside looking in making people restless. At the end of the night, we'll all go home alone feeling frustrated.

Sounds like an average night out where I'm from

Barrington wrote: »
    Sounds like an average night out where I'm from

Vice City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tahuti

Think it's a fantastic idea and I'd löve to go there is some really interesting people who post there and it'd be good to shoot the breeze with them. The problem for me is not so much living in another country but being a recovering alcoholic.

I'm a non-drinker, so if you want to pop along, I'll make sure and keep you on the wagon.

I might bring some of my funny cigarettes.

I've an email for Talkie that I'll give you if you want to invite him MC.

• Advertisement

thanks Yekahs

Dont suppose you have contacts for any of the other Mysterious posters ??????

thanks Yekahs

Dont suppose you have contacts for any of the other Mysterious posters ??????

I'm afraid not. I know a username he uses on another forum, but he ran afoul of the law there too, and don't know where he is now.

also McMoustache must have done something like this before, he's got the my entire itinerrary figured out.

cept at the end of the night we abuse and harass some Gardai, that sorts the accomodation problem;)

also McMoustache must have done something like this before, he's got the my entire itinerrary figured out.

cept at the end of the night we abuse and harass some Gardai, that sorts the accomodation problem;)

Then we can all use the freeman defence to get off the charges the next day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

No way am I going to Copper Face Jacks.

This is actually a good idea. Let's face it, this is one of the most hostile forums on boards outside of the thunderdome. Getting together in person might help to make people more civil. It's easy to be aggressive from behind a keyboard but sharing a few drinks together and putting faces to the names might calm things - at least for a while.

I mostly lurk here but I'd definitely consider coming along. Just as long as people leave their laptops and files at home. I don't think I could handle being presented with reams of paper outlining the latest Israeli douch-baggery. Discuss it yes, but read for 30 minutes, no.

Regarding a venue, should it be some dodgy pub down by the docks, out of the reach of the elite or would it be better to hide in plain site, where they least expect.

Darlughda wrote: »
    No way am I going to Copper Face Jacks.

That's the last place that they'd expect to find us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tahuti

Regarding a venue, should it be some dodgy pub down by the docks, out of the reach of the elite or would it be better to hide in plain site, where they least expect.

Perhaps a heavy metal venue, to combat Van Eck phreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd definitely be up for a CT meetup... it'd be one to behold!

I'd say Mysterious et al still read the forum so maybe they'll notice this thread and get in touch with someone if they would lke to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Well I'll go, if only if I get to see the pint Mahatma buys for me, get pulled and handed to me, without his interference. :D

Advertisement