Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harlequin duathlon castlebar

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭elchupanebrey

from the link I see they also expect the winner to finish in a time under hours. Quicker than last year so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

the downside of the no off road bike is that the run is now a kilometre longer !!!
    but its probably no harm, very mesy last year, i didnt have any hassle but plenty did..

The winner in under two hours fair play if they do, il be happy to come in under 3:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

woody1 wrote: »
    the downside of the no off road bike is that the run is now a kilometre longer !!!
    but its probably no harm, very mesy last year, i didnt have any hassle but plenty did..

Same run as the 1st year so, that's not too bad.

Gonna be some amount of bikes racked at the bottom of that hill this year. :pac:

• Advertisement

right, didnt know they did it that way the first time,
    yeap im wondering where their going to put them all
    presuming numbers being around the same as last
    year or possibly greater,
    was out on the bike that direction at the weekend
    and bike racking wont be a problem for me, by the time
    i get there everyone else will be gone ..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

I'm for this tomorrow. Glad to see the off road section is gone, fear of a flat!

Would have liked to have more cycling under the belt. From ready the reports, its a hilly first section on the bike?

Also, the website is saying that normal road runners be ok. That the case or should you use Trail runners for the hill?

Thanks

bigslice wrote: »
    I'm for this tomorrow. Glad to see the off road section is gone, fear of a flat!

Would have liked to have more cycling under the belt. From ready the reports, its a hilly first section on the bike?

Also, the website is saying that normal road runners be ok. That the case or should you use Trail runners for the hill?

Thanks
    road runners are fine, its practically a road , theres a mast at the top and theres a road of sorts to the top, you mite have marginaly more grip coming down in trail runners but just marginally..
    il be there as well, same as you not enough cycling done, but too late to do anything but enjoy it now, certainly wont be threatening the leaders..or the top 100 !!! :)

road runners are fine, its practically a road , theres a mast at the top and theres a road of sorts to the top, you mite have marginaly more grip coming down in trail runners but just marginally..
    il be there as well, same as you not enough cycling done, but too late to do anything but enjoy it now, certainly wont be threatening the leaders..or the top 100 !!! :)

Cheers, i'll happily go with the road runners so.

Likewise, be a good experience if nothing else. If i break into top 100, i'll be very happy.

Will be there too.

Best of luck to everyone.

@bigslice, here are the results from last year.
    http://www.runireland.com/sites/www.runireland.com/files/harlequin_overall_splits.xls

You can have a look at the splits and see what ya need for a top 100 finish.

Over 300 in it this year supposedly.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Will be there too.

Best of luck to everyone.

@bigslice, here are the results from last year.
    http://www.runireland.com/sites/www.runireland.com/files/harlequin_overall_splits.xls

You can have a look at the splits and see what ya need for a top 100 finish.

Over 300 in it this year supposedly.

all signed up and raring to go now, i was just outside the 100 last year, but somehow with way way more done this year , i cant see myself doing a lot better, hopefully that mindset will have changed by the morning,
    i asked while i was up there and they had 220 signed in, so prob close enough to 250-300 allrite..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

I just scraped the top 100 last year so would love to improve on that.
    Weather forecast is sunny but strongish southeast wind so it'll be on the nose km 3-11 or thereabouts for cycle 2. this is a fairly exposed section so it might slow us all down a bit. Good luck to everyone.

not windy or even breezy at all around me this morning,
    praying that it stays away until at least lunchtime !
    best of luck to all

anyone know if theres results anywhere
    , impatient as usual !

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

anyone know if theres results anywhere
    , impatient as usual !

Try chipit.ie

found them, thanks
    wish i hadnt :(
    tough day at the office !!,
    took a lot of time off last year but final position was pretty much the same

Made it back. Happy with time, just over 2hr 6min and broke into the top 70.

Enjoyed the course and event, found it went very quick. The Booster was a tough climb up but was great coming down. As i thought before hand, my cycling was weak and lost time there.

Still a bit stiff today but the drive back to Monaghan after it, didn't help that! Slept well Saturday night :D

fair play, your cycling cant be that bad if it got you into the 70s
    i just didnt get going at all, found the first run a breeze, in fact i was holding back and was thinking this is gonna be a good day, and then the bike was a disaster, passed by an awful lot, gears wouldnt change right, wouldnt go onto the small ring on the front, so if you saw someone trying to kick the front cogs or heard a horrible grinding chain noise that was me
    but aside from that the legs werent in it anyway,
    passed by about half the field going up those hills id say..
    from there on it was about getting through it, didnt lose too many positions from there but the damage was done at that stage, but jesus i found the cycle back to castlebar a killer,
    have to say i really got the training backwards for it, i was concentrating on the booster, and ive ran it a good few times since january, and didnt do much on the bike at all,
    if i do it next year il be doing the bike route a lot more often, or else il do like last year, no training and come in the same position :)

That doesn't sound much fun. The first cycle part wasn't very forgiving, so any bike problems would take its toll. Seen some poor fella changing a puncture just outside transition 1!

By cycling been weak, I probably mean that on the running I was doing the passing but on the bike, I don't think I was doing any passing but was passed by a few. I'd say coming off the Booster I was on verges of top 50. But not complaining, all in all, more than happy.

Photos here:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/110585541787136295079/Harlequin2012#

They were posted on Irish Triathlons page.

• Advertisement

2hrs 33mins for me:) was delighted with that took 37mins off last years time. I did think the first and last run were a bit shorter than last year though so that could have a small bearing on my improved time. All in all a great event that booster is a killer my legs are still in bits today feet swelled up like ballons last night:(. Roll on next year....

Advertisement