Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect from Trinity College?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CaraK003

You'll fit right in once you stop resurrecting dead threads. Its considered low class and besides - we're all Muslims now.

Be nice - you were a nervous prospective student once too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CaraK003

andrew wrote: »

Your class will feature a pretty broad spectrum, from twats all the way to absolute nerds. You'll find someone your get on with. Besides, societies are better friend making vehicles.

And of course there's nightlife...you're in the middle of the city, how could there not be!

Ok that's reassuring to hear! :)
    But do TCD students actually go to the nightclubs? Like, will I have to drag my roommates along cuz I can't find anyone who wants to party too? I can't imagine a lot of the "nerds" are mad on the nightlife...
    Thanks a mill for replying btw, much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

CaraK003 wrote: »
    Oh god, I'm thinking of doing Law and Business in TCD next year... Am I basically asking for a course full of twats?
    Are the computer science and business students any better? Thinking of that too....
    And is the social life really that bad? Like I'm no alcoholic or anything, and i intend on joining societies and sports the minute i get there, but I like nightclubs too! Is there really no nightlife at all?

There are dozens of pubs and clubs within minutes of trinity, and most of them are pretty full most nights. The nightlife is definitely not bad. Also, in Law and Business, you've got nothing to worry about on that score at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

But do TCD students actually go to the nightclubs? Like, will I have to drag my roommates along cuz I can't find anyone who wants to party too? I can't imagine a lot of the "nerds" are mad on the nightlife...

Yes, yes they do. Why do you think they don't?!
    Especially if you join a society and/or befriend your first-year class rep, there's something on every night of the week.

Here's the Ents page: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/trinityents?fref=ts though many students ignore Ents and do their own thing. You're in Dublin city centre, there are hundreds of bars/clubs to go to.

Oh and the "Trinity students are posh snobs" stereotype is just that - a stereotype. Not one single person in my class or in the socs I've joined has been like that. (And I'm here four years now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Be nice - you were a nervous prospective student once too!!

Yeah, sorry about that. Drink was involved. Even if the OP absolutely hates everybody and everything about TCD (unlikely) there are 1 million plus other people in Dublin. Most people who go to Trinity are not snobs. The few that are can be easily shunned/ignored/laughed at.
    Within a day or two of arriving, you'll be wondering what you were worried about and checking out Google for dodgy hangover remedies.

Which reminds me....where did I leave that pub ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

No problem. And don't worry about the nightlife, there are plenty of people up for going out drinking and stuff. You'll be surprised atthe number of pill chomping piss-heads you'll encounter.

Advertisement