Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Reggie. wrote: »
    Stock lim bull. Told the boss an angus may have been better last year and he's regretting it now. The calves are huge.i can barely hold them for tagging at 2 days old they are that strong.

Any idea of the breeding in the bull? He sure aint suitable for heifers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Any idea of the breeding in the bull? He sure aint suitable for heifers.

Not really FIL never said where he got him. I'd say his days are numbered now anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Stock lim bull. Told the boss an angus may have been better last year and he's regretting it now. The calves are huge.i can barely hold them for tagging at 2 days old they are that strong.

We've had 2 calved this week, calves are massive.
    Allot is about the feeding of the cow too.
    We've 1 left, she's still in & on hay carrying to CH. Saw a guy let out his, cos he doesn't want to open a bale for 1 cow, & too proud to borrow hay. Just waiting for call for massive aax. Both times up

Farrell wrote: »
    We've had 2 calved this week, calves are massive.
    Allot is about the feeding of the cow too.
    We've 1 left, she's still in & on hay carrying to CH. Saw a guy let out his, cos he doesn't want to open a bale for 1 cow, & too proud to borrow hay. Just waiting for call for massive aax. Both times up

We let them out for a few hours everyday just so they can loosen themselves out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Not really FIL never said where he got him. I'd say his days are numbered now anyways

Could you stick his tag into ICBF bull search? Be interesting to know who he's by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

God help you come dehorning so! Are those imported heifers. Their fine looking animals. Its a pity about the sections. Its better than dead calves and crippled cows though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

moy83 wrote: »
    Lash that up on top of the chainharrow now to get a good bite on the ground :D

Hey now, I bought a harrow, not an anchor :cool:

Apparently your blackthorn bush idea is well known back these parts, except a pine tree was recounted as the substitute :pac:

dh1985 wrote: »
    God help you come dehorning so! Are those imported heifers. Their fine looking animals. Its a pity about the sections. Its better than dead calves and crippled cows though

Yeah Romanian. Snag is that there genetics are used to bad fodder so the good silage last year sent them into overdrive over the winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

A light bit of stone picking, Connemara style.

Ya won't get any fancy tools from America for that job! Lol,
    Grate job, such a nice part of the world to live in.

Ya won't get any fancy tools from America for that job! Lol,
    Grate job, such a nice part of the world to live in.

"Bunker busters" would be my first thought, but I think it's only Russian military that sell their hardware in Army & Navy stores :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Yeah Romanian. Snag is that there genetics are used to bad fodder so the good silage last year sent them into overdrive over the winter

Romanian?? Why??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭adne

Panch18 wrote: »
    Romanian?? Why??

Those romainians have narrow asses alright :)

Panch18 wrote: »
    Romanian?? Why??

Well if ya find out from the FIL will ya let me know

Took the kids out of the house as herself is studying for an exam tomorrow. Photo from the top of the hill looking out onto Gurteen. Walked from the house across the top of the hill back to the farm.

Sorry, the lens of my camera phone is a bit worse for wear, so a little hazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Took the kids out of the house as herself is studying for an exam tomorrow. Photo from the top of the hill looking out onto Gurteen. Walked from the house across the top of the hill back to the farm.

Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

World class beaches in that area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Savage view

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

adne wrote: »
    Those romainians have narrow asses alright :)

Built for speed, not comfort:D

Though having said that some of the Romanian powerlifters are all in it.

Built for speed, not comfort:D

Though having said that some of the Romanian powerlifters are all in it.

My dyslexia is cat , I read that as shoplifters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Your dreaming of "shirt lifters"

• Advertisement

Your dreaming of "shirt lifters"

And worse !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

Folks, can we tone down the innuendo and the casual racial/national profiling a bit?
    It makes the place look very juvenile, to be honest.

[/MOD]

I'll tell you how bad my dyslexia is. I read that as my Dexta is cat, ha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I'd say it doesn't look as good today though:)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I'll tell you how bad my dyslexia is. I read that as my Dexta is cat, ha

Didja hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper?
    He sold his soul to Santa!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If I am dyslexic, can I send a Moderator heat mail? :)

blue5000 wrote: »
    I'd say it doesn't look as good today though:)

I might be wierd but I find looking out at the bay when there is rain or especially mist even nicer . Its kind of relaxing knowing the day is shagged so take it easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If I am dyslexic, can I send a Moderator heat mail? :)

:pac:

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Didja hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper?
    He sold his soul to Santa!

Good one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

There was an old farmer near me once who was dyslexic. Mr. McDonald.... E I O I E

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement