Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHELTENHAM - DAY 4: Friday 18th March

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

amiable wrote: »
    Nice of the bookie to deflect away from On the fringe:D

The yard are a bit concerned that the ground might be too quick for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If you have a double on two horses bothe each way do they both have to come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 47 spiraleye

my selections

1.30 Sam Winner
    2.05 dirar e/a
    3.20 Kauto star for old times sake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

my selections

Houblon Des Obeaux ew

2.05 secret dancer e/w

3.20 Imperial Commander

4.00 Baby Run

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    If you have a double on two horses bothe each way do they both have to come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd

It depends on the race, check the e/w terms. Some races are top 4 or 5 but yes both horses need to win or place in a e/w double well at least if you want to win some money they do :)

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

JohnP199 wrote: »
    I was thinking €100 e/w on Sam Winner. Is it a bit risky do you think? Im far from an expert when it comes to horses and after a bad first 3 days I need a big win.
    Remember the Triumph hurdle only pays on the first 3 each way
    Its not a handicap
    In saying that there may be a generous bookeeper out ther offering eachway 1,2,3,4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Brian010

Did a wee treble on Baby Run 4pm 7/2, Shoegazer 4.40pm 8/1 and Shoreacres 5.15pm 7/1. All three being tipped but not sure how much that's worth lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JohnP199

amiable wrote: »
    Remember the Triumph hurdle only pays on the first 3 each way
    Its not a handicap
    In saying that there may be a generous bookeeper out ther offering eachway 1,2,3,4?

I was looking at Boylesports and they are offering e/w on 1,2,3

I was looking at Boylesports and they are offering e/w on 1,2,3
    That's a 23 horse race only paying first 3 places so.
    At least most bookies seem to be paying 1/4 the odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i'm on unaccompanied, dirar, gagewell flyer and midnight chase in the gold cup today, midnight chase has to improve again no doubt but he beat junior earlier in november by 9 lengths and look what he done yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just the one bet for me today. Quitting while I'm well ahead.

1:30pm - Zarkandar

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was thinking €100 e/w on Sam Winner. Is it a bit risky do you think? Im far from an expert when it comes to horses and after a bad first 3 days I need a big win.

Bit of a risk imo but don't let me stop you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

How do you win from a Lucky 15, and what's the best method to take here regarding the amount of selections?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bit of a risk imo but don't let me stop you mate.

If I was gonna be laying a large e/w today it would have to be Kauto Star or Imp. Commander.

Defo would not be laying big on the 1.30

Saying that, I have Sam Winner myself, but only on a small e/w to get the day started.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    How do you win from a Lucky 15, and what's the best method to take here regarding the amount of selections?
    You have 4 selections in a Lucky 15
    There's 15 ways to win from a lucky 15
    4 singles
    6 doubles
    4 trebles
    1 accum
    If i'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Ah, so whatever combination comes in (if one does), you get the winnings from that specifically?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Ah, so whatever combination comes in (if one does), you get the winnings from that specifically?
    No, if all 4 horses win you are paid out on all 15 bets
    If 3 horses win you are paid out on 3 doubles, 1 treble and 3 singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

sam winner seems to be todays big bucks! i've combined him with a few accums so he could ruin my day before my toast even pops up, if my poor luck since the very first race continues i'm packing it in. it's a fools game! but i'm ever the optimist regardless COME ON!!

The 1.30 is a nightmare! I'm hearing Zarkander, Sam Winner, A Media Luz, Unaccompanied and Smad Place. All well tipped. What to do!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

pp e/w

1.30 1st to 3rd
    2.05 1st to 5th
    2.40 1st to 3rd
    3.20 1st to 3rd
    4.00 1st to 3rd
    4.40 1st to 4th
    5.15 1st to 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

This is doing the rounds on the internet. Boyles stand to lose a million afaik

SamWinner_RunUp.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Mr.Conners

Brian010 wrote: »
    The 1.30 is a nightmare! I'm hearing Zarkander, Sam Winner, A Media Luz, Unaccompanied and Smad Place. All well tipped. What to do!?!?

The from book points to Sam winner. Has two wins at Cheltenham, one over the same ground and distance and another win over virtually the same distance and ground. He beat Grandouet (2nd favourite) impressively that day and I think the form of Grandouets last win isn't overly impressive. Unaccompanied would prefer softer ground and the form isn't as strong as the Engish races. A Media Luz was beaten comprehensively by Sam Winner and Grandouet before so I wouldn't be confident of his chances. Sam Winner came 4th in his last race, but it was on heavy ground and Nicholl's has said he shouldn't have run him that day. He will have suitable ground today and will take all the beating imo.

Everything seems to be in his favour but anything can happen in horse racing.

Brian010 wrote: »

Don't have a bet? I'm not. Otherwise throw a dart and good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Thats amazing nulty, what would everyone do? Lay or let it play????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

Ok i am thinking snap tie for this 2.05 very big price but well worth a look anyone thinking the same thing ?

Mr.Conners wrote: »
    The from book points to Sam winner. Has two wins at Cheltenham, one over the same ground and distance and another win over virtually the same distance and ground. He beat Grandouet (2nd favourite) impressively that day and I think the form of Grandouets last win isn't overly impressive. Unaccompanied would prefer softer ground and the form isn't as strong as the Engish races. A Media Luz was beaten comprehensively by Sam Winner and Grandouet before so I wouldn't be confident of his chances. Sam Winner came 4th in his last race, but it was on heavy ground and Nicholl's has said he shouldn't have run him that day. He will have suitable ground today and will take all the beating imo.

Everything seems to be in his favour but anything can happen in horse racing.

Yeh it seems smart money on Sam Winner. I'm hearing Smad Place is good on dry track and his odds went down there. Might stick an e/w bet on it! Very tough to pick though with e/w only covering 1,2,3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

rescue16 wrote: »
    Ok i am thinking snap tie for this 2.05 very big price but well worth a look anyone thinking the same thing ?

I should hope the odds are long. Its a non-runner lol

only1stevo wrote: »
    Thats amazing nulty, what would everyone do? Lay or let it play????

I couldn't let that much ride. I'd beg borrow and steal enough to lay off a 50k/60k. Any morse than that and you'd need to chat with your bank manager.

Snap Tie NR

Nulty wrote: »
    Don't have a bet? I'm not. Otherwise throw a dart and good luck to you.

I think the dart will be thrown at Smad Place e/w. Hope it lands! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

PP says Snap Tie is a non runner?

Advertisement