Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying To Have Known (A Gerson Therapy Documentary)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

King Mob wrote: »
    Books, lectures, consultations.
    I've already shown an example of a "natural" medicine company that's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Or you know, he could just be crazy.

Show me the books, lectures consultations?

He could just be telling the truth either, now there's a though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Pixel8 wrote: »
    With regard to corrupt doctors, im sure most doctors are not knowingly corrupt but do participate and play the game without realising that there's other information outside their controlled medical journals which is even more important.

Smart enough to become a doctor - too dumb to use the internet. Yeah that makes sense, if you ignore logic and reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

With regard to corrupt doctors, im sure most doctors are not knowingly corrupt but do participate and play the game without realising that there's other information outside their controlled medical journals which is even more important.
    Are all scientific journals controlled, or just the medical journals?

Do you know who controls them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

jh79 wrote: »
    From reading this thread i think the anti-pharma posters not interested in learning how science / body works and therefore why Mercola et al are wrong, but its more to do with politics / anti-capatilism, why else ignore all the scientific holes on these alternative medicine sites

Can't speak for anyone else but myself, and this in no way relates specifically to either Gerson or Mercola as i am not familiar with either, but the "pro-Pharma posters" (to borrow and alter your phrasology) have not really said anything of note to personally sway me from my views on the pharma and food industry. I'm also very aware that some contributers will view this statement and hazard or possibly even comment that i am somehow cognitively impaired or have a worldview or something. That's to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

ed2hands wrote: »
    Can't speak for anyone else but myself, and this in no way relates specifically to either Gerson or Mercola as i am not familiar with either, but the "pro-Pharma posters" (to borrow and alter your phrasology) have not really said anything of note to personally sway me from my views on the pharma and food industry. I'm also very aware that some contributers will view this statement and hazard or possibly even comment that i am somehow cognitively impaired or have a worldview or something. That's to be expected.

I know your views on the food and pharma industries, thats not the point I'm making. But alot of the CT websites suh as natural news are full of bull which any undergraduate science student could see right through yet are held in high esteem in this forum.

Would be refreshing if you said for example "eating carrots (organic of course!) cures cancer is bull but I still think big pharma has too much influence".

It seems if your anti big pharma you have to believe every alternative treatment there is works no matter how outlandish.

Its like watching Fox news reading the CT forum sometimes in which a script has to be stuck too.

ps when i say you i mean the people on this thread that are pro alt medicine

Your gonna say I'm biased too but the chemistry of natural products is an important part of science degrees and so on, so I'm just as open to natural science as synthetic, but both have to work within the laws of science.

Don't say that the teaching of science is part of the conspiracy, you gave credit to surgeons etc previously, chemist in collaboration with MD etc use their understanding of the human body to come up with these drugs. Some work as expected others don't (this is where a conspiracy is most likely ie suppression of bad results) but it doesn't mean by default that collodial silver or gerson are valid treatments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

I agree with most of your points there jh79 and can understand why there is frustration.

No doubts, some alternative treatments don't work except as a placebo and equally the pharma industry has produced countless life-saving and life-prolonging medicines.
    It's true that there are plenty of shysters out there, in both industries, but it's not IMO an excuse to see all natural/herbal remedies/health proponents bashed or banned on the back this.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

jh79 wrote: »
    Your body can't tell the difference between natural and synthetic chemicals

I totally disagree with that. The main difference as i see it is that synthetic drugs are artificial and target the suppression of certain functions in the body to 'turn off' pain etc. artificial drugs do not cure anything, they just suppress the symptoms most of the time.

Natural vitamins and minerals are what your organs actually need in order to operate and work properly so feeding your body with natural vitamins and minerals (fruit and veg) or vitamin supplements is still a lot better than synthetic drugs. Because you're addressing the root cause of your problem. Vitamins and minerals give your organs what they need to work perfectly and once they have the nutrition they need, the body fixes itself.

Science still doesn't know much about how all this works... so to deny the positive effect that vitamins have is just arrogant. We know they work, but we don't know how exactly they work.

http://www.healthsupplementsnutritionalguide.com/vitamin-deficiency-symptoms.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Obelisk wrote: »
    Show me the books, lectures consultations?

He could just be telling the truth either, now there's a though.
    Yes, so we have two possibilities. So how do you know that one is true and the other is not?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Because you're addressing the root cause of your problem. Vitamins and minerals give your organs what they need to work perfectly and once they have the nutrition they need, the body fixes itself.
    But that's not how the body, drugs or disease work.
    Stop swallowing everything you are being told by snake oil sales men and actually crack open a textbook.
    Science still doesn't know much about how all this works... so to deny the positive effect that vitamins have is just arrogant. We know they work, but we don't know how exactly they work.
    But how do you actually know they work in the first place?

ed2hands wrote: »
    I agree with most of your points there jh79 and can understand why there is frustration.

No doubts, some alternative treatments don't work except as a placebo and equally the pharma industry has produced countless life-saving and life-prolonging medicines.
    It's true that there are plenty of shysters out there, in both industries, but it's not IMO an excuse to see all natural/herbal remedies/health proponents bashed or banned on the back this.

Thats a reasonable stand point even though i disagree, but you basically say on one more rigid regualtions for pharma and less for the natural crowd, hardly fair if both claim a medicinal benefit they need to prove it.
    Historic or cultural beliefs are not enough and it must be remembered our understanding of the body was not the same 1000 years ago so while done in good faith some natural treatments are useless and even harmful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

the best proof is to TRY something for yourself

Yepyepyep.
    Personal Experience!
    The BEST evidence!
    Yepyepyep.

I totally disagree with that. The main difference as i see it is that synthetic drugs are artificial and target the suppression of certain functions in the body to 'turn off' pain etc. artificial drugs do not cure anything, they just suppress the symptoms most of the time.

Natural vitamins and minerals are what your organs actually need in order to operate and work properly so feeding your body with natural vitamins and minerals (fruit and veg) or vitamin supplements is still a lot better than synthetic drugs. Because you're addressing the root cause of your problem. Vitamins and minerals give your organs what they need to work perfectly and once they have the nutrition they need, the body fixes itself.

http://www.healthsupplementsnutritionalguide.com/vitamin-deficiency-symptoms.html

Dunno where to start with this, bizzare post to be honest even if your science education was just secondary school.

synthetic estrogen works the same way as natural estrogen because they are both the same, your body can't tell the difference it just reacts to a stimulus.

Answer this, how do nutritionally healthy people still get cancer? You say vitamins protect agaisnt the root cause but sometimes it your genes that are responsible what then?

How does the body fix its self, for example do cancer cells return to be normal cells?, Also cancer cells use the same processes as healthy cells, how do vitamins tell the difference between the two.

How can nutrition protect agaisnt say the hiv virus?

How come the researchers who tell you these things have not show these claims at an in-vitro level? Pretty easy take a combinations of vitmains apply to some cancer cell lines and three days later see if the cells stopped growing

I know you won't address this as the questions are too direct

Advertisement