Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying To Have Known (A Gerson Therapy Documentary)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

Here's my PubMed link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15630849?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum which states that cancer survival death rates for ALL cancers in ALL men and women INCLUDING all people over the age of 20 is 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the U.S.

Your graph shows percentages but no figures, so what figures do those percentages stand for? Please explain, with links to back it up, what your graph proves because right now it seems to totally contradict the info in my charts which come from reputable sources.

For someone who argues about scientific evidence, that graph you posted is absolutely ridiculous and proves nothing... you are completely avoiding the facts about Cancer death rates not improving at all over the past 81 years, and certainly nowhere near the rate that your graph suggests which leads me to believe you're either dishonest, biased, or very bad at researching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 victorhelsing

Pixel8 wrote: »
    You still haven't addressed my graphs... the source of my graphs prove that cancer success rates are as low as 2.3%, what do your graphs prove? They seem to say something else, but what have you posted to back up that your graph is actually accurate? No Pub med link, no source link, no explanation as to what your graph even means, just assumptions and childish arguments...

Overall survival rates increasing are irrelevant to this discussion, far too many variables involved there, all that proves is that people with cancer are living a bit longer, but a similar percentage of them are still dying of cancer eventually...! we are only interested in how many people have died of Cancer in the last 81 years and my graphs show that cancer treatment is as bad now as it was back then.

Are you completely immune to scientific data, even in graphs you like?

You are not allowed to falsely restate the data to suit your purpose. This selective use of facts is common among faith based people. "the source of my graphs prove that cancer success rates are as low as 2.3%" is plainly untrue. Your graphs show cancer fatalities dropping by 40% in the major colon, breast categories, and staying stable in a number of other cancers that would otherwise be increasing with age. This shows the effectiveness of medical treatment, unless you are claiming that these 40% are all being saved with the Gerson therapy.

As I wrote earlier, salvage chemotherapies after the failure of surgery and radiation have a very low cure rate. However, they are not employed for the purpose of cure, but rather for extending the life of the patient, in some cases by several years or more. The preferred treatment for cancer is to detect it and remove it before it spreads, and this modern medical treatment (not the Gerson therapy) is resulting in the drops in breast and colon cancer deaths. However, it is worth noting that the cure rate for the Gerson therapy is likely below the miserable 2.5% rate you cite for salvage chemotherapy.

You could more appropriately claim that Smoking prevents cancer (and Parkinson's disease) in men. That is actually true, although perhaps not a good reason to take up (or continue) smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

For someone who argues about scientific evidence, that graph you posted is absolutely ridiculous and proves nothing... you are completely avoiding the facts about Cancer death rates not improving at all over the past 81 years, and certainly nowhere near the rate that your graph suggests which leads me to believe you're either dishonest, biased, or very bad at researching.
    This is totally ridiculous. Your graphs prove something (which you clearly don't understand) but my graph proves nothing because you think it disagrees with your graph? (it doesn't, by the way - but Several people have tried to explain it to you and I'm not wasting my time any more.)

Here are some more graphs that prove that people with cancer are living longer (in spite of modern medicine which you claim does not work):

http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2004/results_merged/topic_survival_by_year_dx.pdf

http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2004/results_merged/topic_survival.pdf
    (see page 9 - ALL CANCER SITES (Invasive))

Statistics from here.

I notice you don't have the balls or the manners to retract your statement about my 'childish' arguments, and you add to the insult by adding this bull:
    which leads me to believe you're either dishonest, biased, or very bad at researching.

I'll leave other posters to decide which of us is being childish, biased, dishonest, or 'very bad at researching'. I won't embarrass you by telling you what I do for a living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Oops - that reference should have been to Pauling's vitamin megadosing idea rather than GT. I've no idea if GT has been put to the test - but you would imagine that it's advocates would have a very good reason to do so or to fund such testing if it works?

The expense might be deterring them, as well as hostility from the medical profession.

The total cost of bringing a single drug to market is up to $800 million and clinical trials in the US cost approximately $150 million, according to this website I happened to find.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    The total cost of bringing a single drug to market is up to $800 million and clinical trials in the US cost approximately $150 million, according to this website I happened to find.
    But they don't need to bring any drug to the market, do they? They just have to shove coffee up people's asses. So I guess the $150 million figure would be closer to what they would be looking at.

• Advertisement

I notice you don't have the balls or the manners to retract your statement about my 'childish' arguments, and you add to the insult by adding this bull:

I'll leave other posters to decide which of us is being childish, biased, dishonest, or 'very bad at researching'. I won't embarrass you by telling you what I do for a living.

Don't let him upset you, Monty. Your background and intelligence are obvious to any comprehending reader. You are locked in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Scientists are often amazed to discover that the combination of magical thinking and wilful ignorance (faith) are always more convincing to true believers than facts and reason (science). At some point in our lives we make a choice to accept faith/fantasy or science, and our perception after that is always tainted.

Occasionally gifted people can blend the two (e.g. Da Vinci or Einstein) but they are usually intrinsic scientists who use faith/fantasy as a creative tool, not as the bars of a perceptual prison through which they view the world.

But they don't need to bring any drug to the market, do they? They just have to shove coffee up people's asses. So I guess the $150 million figure would be closer to what they would be looking at.

To me that just sounds like prejudice and foregone conclusions rather than an open mind towards scientific enquiry. It also suggests that you know little about the actual details of the GT.

I suspect that the process of preparing for and implementing a clinical trial is complex and expensive, which would explain at least some of that €800 million total cost for drugs. The GT would have to go through some though not all of that preclinical stuff, perhaps even for individual components never mind the full integrated programme.

Even if the cost of an RCT for the GT were 'only' €150 million, I guess that would be prohibitive for the Gerson Institute.

The Gerson Institute is not comparable to a massive corporation like Pfizer, for example, whose revenue was $67 billion last year.

Your graphs show cancer fatalities dropping by 40% in the major colon, breast categories, and staying stable in a number of other cancers that would otherwise be increasing with age. This shows the effectiveness of medical treatment, unless you are claiming that these 40% are all being saved with the Gerson therapy.

Dropping by 40%? Stomach cancer might be dropping by that much but most other cancers are nowhere near reductions of 40%. Colon cancer has only gone from 22% down to 21% in males. Breast cancer is only down from 28% to 18%, far from the 40% you are saying, talk about exagerating the stats. I think you might be reading the chart wrong or else generalising when you should be specific...

Lung cancer has gone from 1% up to 91% and less people smoke now?! Why's that?

The combined survival rates for ALL cancers average to 2.3% in Australia and 2.1% in the U.S. I don't care how you divide that up into the different cancers, for an overall statistic on all cancer survival rates, that figure is unacceptable in this day and age.

That's what i mean about being childish and classy, to use your own words... Practice what you preach. Please do tell us what you do for a living? Go on give us a laugh...
    Your graphs prove something (which you clearly don't understand) but my graph proves nothing because you think it disagrees with your graph? (it doesn't, by the way - but Several people have tried to explain it to you and I'm not wasting my time any more.)

Your graph shows that all cancers are improving which clearly is not true when you take into account that lots are staying the same, two have improved and 2 or 3 have got a lot worse. Where is the graph for Lung cancer on your chart? Oh they just left that out by accident i guess, what a joke of a chart...

To me that just sounds like prejudice and foregone conclusions rather than an open mind towards scientific enquiry. It also suggests that you know little about the actual details of the GT.
    The first part was a joke. I guess I'll have to go back to putting a smiley on every single joke I post on the CT board.

But the serious point remains - no drugs need to be developed, do they?

I wouldn't suggest that the Gerson Institute fund the whole lot - surely they could get some manner of partnership with a VC firm going, or some charitable foundation? (this assumes that they have credible evidence to make a case to either of them)

• Advertisement

The first part was a joke. I guess I'll have to go back to putting a smiley on every single joke I post on the CT board.

But the serious point remains - no drugs need to be developed, do they?

OK, fair enough -- the coffee part of the GT is a common cause of mirth. :)

The much more serious point is that the cost of conducting an RCT, if it is true that this would be in the order of €150 million, would be prohibitive for the Gerson Institute. Why should lack of such funds be a barrier to scientific enquiry and medical progress for the benefit of patients?

Why should 'corporate wealth' be a barrier to scientific enquiry and medical progress for the benefit of patients?
    It shouldn't. If GT works, then this is a 'market failure' - there's no profit incentive for a pharma company to spend money on it and get no return. In the case of a market failure, it's up to the government or some other body to either incentivise investment or to fill the gap itself.

Pixel8: "Dropping by 40%? Stomach cancer might be dropping by that much but most other cancers are nowhere near reductions of 40%. Colon cancer has only gone from 22% down to 21% in males. Breast cancer is only down from 28% to 18%, far from the 40% you are saying, talk about exagerating the stats. I think you might be reading the chart wrong or else generalising when you should be specific..."

Out of respect, which it appears you don't deserve, I chose to answer your repeated snivelling questions about 3 graphs that YOU chose, and it seems that you are completely unable to interpret your own graphs. No wonder you are unable to see that they prove my point, not yours.

Years ago, I tutored biochemistry, pharmacology and physiology. I would occasionally meet students who not only failed to understand the material, but were so stupid that I could not even effectively communicate with them. Although it pained me to do it, I was forced to simply stop trying to teach them because it was pointless. The flashback gives me shivers.

For the benefit of the others able to comprehend YOUR graphs, I will explain that the Y axis is # of fatalities per 100K population, and reading back about 50 years, the rate of colon cancer in males is about 33 per 100K, and falls to about 21 per 100K in 2006. Granted, I did the calculation in my head, but using a calculator that comes to about 37% for colon cancer in males (pretty close to the 40% I quoted). Breast cancer in the same period starts at about 32 per 100K, falls to about 22 per 100K (about 32% using a calculator). Granted, my math is off by a little bit (not using a calculator), but why don't you "show your work" to demonstrate how YOU calculate the numbers you are claiming, as a man of science (not faith)?

I'd like to try a little of whatever you are smoking.

It shouldn't. If GT works, then this is a 'market failure' - there's no profit incentive for a pharma company to spend money on it and get no return. In the case of a market failure, it's up to the government or some other body to either incentivise investment or to fill the gap itself.

According to the Wikipedia article, that could then lead to government failure.

But isn't that one of the fundamental points made by (rational) proponents of the GT: that the sidelining and neglect of such 'alternative' cancer treatments has been the result of government failures and health/economic policies that favour the conventional medical model and the pharmaceutical industry, for example.

Again, you don't have to postulate a conspiracy theory to allege that the system is rigged.

And again, absence of evidence does not mean absence of effect. The GT has not been rejected because clinical trials have shown it to be ineffective. Clinical trials have not been conducted for reasons that are more to do with politics than with science.

Your graph shows that all cancers are improving which clearly is not true when you take into account that lots are staying the same, two have improved and 2 or 3 have got a lot worse. Where is the graph for Lung cancer on your chart? Oh they just left that out by accident i guess, what a joke of a chart...
    Which chart? The German one, or the two American ones that also show survival rates improving dramatically over time?

'Lung cancer' doesn't seem to be a big concern in the cancer of children and young adults. I can only assume it is one of the rarer types in that age group. You don't see it here in this chart from a different source either, do you?

http://yosemite.epa.gov/ochp/ochpweb.nsf/content/childhood_cancer.htm

Perhaps you've uncovered a conspiracy amongst cancer professionals to not discuss rare cancers in children? By the way, you will also see falling mortality rates over time on that page.

Ok, so that's four separate charts that I've provided proving that modern medicine is improving cancer survival rates. You've provided none that prove the opposite.

Pixel8, in reply to a chart posted by Monty showing survival rates of pediatric cancers: "Where is the graph for Lung cancer on your chart? Oh they just left that out by accident i guess, what a joke of a chart..."

I understand your knowledge of science and medicine is limited, but please be informed that most children just don't smoke enough to have measurable rates of lung cancer.

It seems that your ignorance is exceeded only by your lack of respect for someone who is clearly your superior by education and intellect. I won't insult Burger King by guessing what kind of work you do for a living.

I regret the need to offend you, but you earn respect by giving respect. Monty has shown you respect by spending his valuable highly educated time to answer multiple questions about YOUR charts which you clearly do not understand yourself. You have snivelled about feeling like you're in playschool, and rightfully so, since it seems you never really left.

According to the Wikipedia article, that could then lead to government failure.
    Government failure occurs when a government tampers with an existing market (e.g. NAMA). It's a slightly different case.
    But isn't that one of the fundamental points made by (rational)
    :)
    proponents of the GT: that the sidelining and neglect of such 'alternative' cancer treatments has been the result of government failures and health/economic policies that favour the conventional medical model and the pharmaceutical industry, for example.
    There's little money in many illnesses and treatments. You'll make a killing if you 'cure' male pattern baldness, but you'll never even recover your investment if you cure something terrible like progeria. That's where charitable foundations come in - they pay for research into things where the pharma companies won't make a sufficient return.
    Again, you don't have to postulate a conspiracy theory to allege that the system is rigged.

And again, absence of evidence does not mean absence of effect. The GT has not been rejected because clinical trials have shown it to be ineffective. Clinical trials have not been conducted for reasons that are more to do with politics than with science.
    Well we've established (I think?) that the reason they haven't been conducted is that private companies don't see a return, and the charitable foundations (The Bill&Melinda Gates Foundation, Cancer Research UK (formerly the Imperial Cancer Fund) and thousands of others) haven't been convinced to put their money into funding such trials.

I'd like to try a little of whatever you are smoking.

Yeah it's good stuff, apparently it cures cancer too :) lol

(On the question of why clinical trials have not been conducted on Gerson therapy):

Well we've established (I think?) that the reason they haven't been conducted is that private companies don't see a return, and the charitable foundations (The Bill&Melinda Gates Foundation, Cancer Research UK (formerly the Imperial Cancer Fund) and thousands of others) haven't been convinced to put their money into funding such trials.

But more important than that, the Gerson people themselves have (allegedly) not chosen to keep data over the past 50 years to show that their therapy has any beneficial effect. They use excuses such as "we can't conduct a double blind trial, we can't submit people to chemotherapy, etc." but in reality, a double blind trial is NOT required to show that their therapy MAY have an interesting effect. The comparison arm (treatment with chemotherapy) has already been conducted ad nauseum for most cancers, we know what the success of those therapies is in broad terms. They merely need to keep track of how many of their patients are alive, or "cured" for how many years after therapy.

That the Gerson people themselves "refuse" to collect and publish these data is damning. For myself, I don't believe for a minute that they failed to track these data. I am convinced that they kept the data for as long as they needed to in the past 50 years to convince themselves that the therapy did not have a reliable useful effect in treating cancers. Once that was established, it was hardly to their economic benefit to publish those results.

Remember, there is really no significant additional expense in tracking these numbers for them; they are making money treating the patients anyway. And besides, as a scientist or engineer (or auto manufacturer) how can you possibly control quality and make improvements to your therapy, process or car without properly collecting data and answering such questions?

But more important than that, the Gerson people themselves have (allegedly) not chosen to keep data over the past 50 years to show that their therapy has any beneficial effect. They use excuses such as "we can't conduct a double blind trial, we can't submit people to chemotherapy, etc." but in reality, a double blind trial is NOT required to show that their therapy MAY have an interesting effect. The comparison arm (treatment with chemotherapy) has already been conducted ad nauseum for most cancers, we know what the success of those therapies is in broad terms. They merely need to keep track of how many of their patients are alive, or "cured" for how many years after therapy.

That the Gerson people themselves "refuse" to collect and publish these data is damning. For myself, I don't believe for a minute that they failed to track these data. I am convinced that they kept the data for as long as they needed to in the past 50 years to convince themselves that the therapy did not have a reliable useful effect in treating cancers. Once that was established, it was hardly to their economic benefit to publish those results.

Remember, there is really no significant additional expense in tracking these numbers for them; they are making money treating the patients anyway. And besides, as a scientist or engineer (or auto manufacturer) how can you possibly control quality and make improvements to your therapy, process or car without properly collecting data and answering such questions?

As I mentioned earlier I am out of touch with the GT, so I am not aware that the Gerson Institute has "refused" to keep patient records or other data.

Max Gerson's starting point, in terms of publishing data in the hope of convincing his medical colleagues, was to publish a monograph titled A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases. He made the effort, more than once IIRC.

EDIT: A high-profile oncologist in the UK, Dr Karol Sikora, visited the Gerson Clinic back in 1990 and was given access to their files. He didn't have an epiphany but that's another story.

Max Gerson also published in the peer-reviewed medical literature of his day. Again, not an example of Gerson or his supporters being secretive or obtuse.

• Advertisement

From a report on the GT by Patricia Spain Ward PhD for the US Federal Government's Office of Technology Assessment:
    Despite the fact that he had no inpatient facility until 1946, when he opened a clinic in Nanuet, New York, Gerson managed, through his thriving Park Avenue practice and an affiliation at Gotham Hospital, to amass enough data to publish a preliminary report in 1945. He presented his rather remarkable case histories modestly, concluding that he did not yet have enough evidence to say whether diet could either influence the origin of cancer or alter the course of an established tumor. He claimed only that the diet, which he described in considerable detail, could favorably affect the patient's general condition, staving off the consequences of malignancy and making further treatment possible (Gerson, 1945).

Gerson may have struck an Establishment nerve with his statement that many physicians use surgery and/or radiation "without systematic treatment of the patient as a whole" (Gerson, 1945, 419). But it seems more likely that it was his growing success in practice, or perhaps even his opposition to tobacco, that first drew the wrath of organized medicine. (Philip Morris was then JAMA's major source of advertising revenue: see Rorty, 1939, 182 - 194).*

In any case the AMA did not openly attack Gerson until November 1946, a few months after he testified in support of a Senate bill to appropriate $100 million to bring together the world's outstanding cancer experts in order to coordinate a search for the prevention and cure of cancer. At hearings before Senator Claude Pepper's sub-committee in July 1946, Gerson demonstrated recovered patients who had come to him after conventional methods could no longer help. Dr. George Miley, medical director of the 85-bed Gotham Hospital, where Gerson had treated patients since January, 1946, gave strong supporting medical testimony (U.S. Congress, 1946).

In a surly editorial response, JAMA said it was "fortunate" that this Senate appearance received little newspaper publicity; the AMA was clearly outraged that Gerson's appearance had become the subject of a favorable radio commentary, broadcast nationwide by ABC's Raymond Gram Swing (U.S. Congress, 1946, 31-35; JAMA, 1946). The JAMA editorial focused on Gerson, even though it was not Gerson but a lay witness, immune to AMA retaliation, who had called Gerson's successes "miracles" and urged the Senators to secure their future cancer commission against control by any existing medical organization (U.S. Congress, 1946, 96,97).

It was not Gerson, but Dr. Miley, who told the Senators that a long-term survey by a well-known and respected physician showed that those who received no cancer treatment lived longer than those who received surgery, radiation or X-ray (U.S. Congress, 1946, 117). Perhaps because Miley was a Northwestern medical graduate, an established physician licensed in four states, and a fellow of the AMA and state and county societies of Pennsylvania and New York, Morris Fishbein did not attack him personally. Instead, he limited himself to intimations of fiscal impropriety in the Robinson Foundation, which owned Miley's Gotham Hospital, and to the scandalous revelation that the director of the section on health education of this Foundation (which was promoting "an unestablished, somewhat questionable method of treating cancer") was not an M.D. at all, but a Yale University professor of economics!

Compared to Miley's testimony, Gerson's was innocent, concentrating on the histories of the patients he brought with him and on the likely mechanisms whereby his diet caused tumor regression and healing. Only under pressure from Senator Pepper did Gerson state that about 30% of those he treated showed a favorable response (U.S. Congress, 1946, 115). Nonetheless, JAMA devoted two pages to undermining Gerson's integrity (JAMA, 1946). Showing no restraint where Gerson was concerned, Fishbein, contrary to fact, alleged that successes with the Gerson-Sauerbruch-Hermannsdorfer diet "were apparently not susceptible of duplication by most other observers. " He also falsely claimed that Gerson had several times refused to supply the AMA with details of the diet. (Fishbein said he could provide them in this editorial only because "there has come to hand through a prospective patient" of Gerson a diet schedule for his treatment.) Fishbein emphasized, without comment, Gerson's caution about the use of other medications, especially anesthetics, because they produced dangerously strong reactions in the heightened allergic state of his most responsive patients.

Fishbein attempted to tie together this strange patchwork of slurs against Gerson and against research supported by lay-dominated industrial corporations with his accustomed mastery of innuendo: "The entire performance, including the financial backing, the promotion and the scientific reports, has a peculiar effluvium which, to say the least, is distasteful and, at its worst, creates doubt and suspicion" (JAMA, 1946, 646).

*http://www.tobaccocampaign.com/american-medical-association-promoted-tobacco

20679physiciansL.jpg

Yeah it's good stuff, apparently it cures cancer too :) lol

In fairness, I did not write that smoking cures cancer. I wrote that smoking prevents cancer (and Parkinson's disease).

My statement is true, but as I indicated, should not be sufficient to encourage the practice of smoking.

As I mentioned earlier I am out of touch with the GT, so I am not aware that the Gerson Institute has "refused" to keep patient records or other data.

Max Gerson's starting point, in terms of publishing data in the hope of convincing his medical colleagues, was to publish a monograph titled A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases. He made the effort, more than once IIRC.

EDIT: A high-profile oncologist in the UK, Dr Karol Sikora, visited the Gerson Clinic back in 1990 and was given access to their files. He didn't have an epiphany but that's another story.

Max Gerson also published in the peer-reviewed medical literature of his day. Again, not an example of Gerson or his supporters being secretive or obtuse.

All of what you have written above is fine, I think his book and original studies are quite interesting. I indicated that in my previous writings.

Given that Gerson, based on his written cases, apparently had a great start on curing cancer with diet over fifty years ago, it is more than a little worrisome that so little progress was made in the next 50 years by his successors, improving this therapy and its published results, or in the number of cancer survivors alive to run around proclaiming its miracle. Even assuming the vaunted ability of the AMA and its co-conspirators to suppress the truth, 50 years is an awfully long time, especially with the internet now available. To accept that conspiracy theory would force me to reconsider my stance on alien abductions and anal probing {a unexpectedly popular technique used by highly advanced intergalactic aliens to obtain information about humans, according to the true stories of those abducted.}

All of what you have written above is fine, I think his book and original studies are quite interesting. I indicated that in my previous writings.

Given that Gerson, based on his written cases, apparently had a great start on curing cancer with diet over fifty years ago, it is more than a little worrisome that so little progress was made in the next 50 years by his successors, improving this therapy and its published results, or in the number of cancer survivors alive to run around proclaiming its miracle. Even assuming the vaunted ability of the AMA and its co-conspirators to suppress the truth, 50 years is an awfully long time, especially with the internet now available. To accept that conspiracy theory would force me to reconsider my stance on alien abductions and anal probing {a unexpectedly popular technique used by highly advanced intergalactic aliens to obtain information about humans, according to the true stories of those abducted.}

That's just specious argument and a good example of why discussion of this socio-medical issue should not occur in this forum. Gerson never mentioned alien abductions, btw.

Some people just like a good argument, especially if the target is soft and easily lampooned. 'Debates' like this thread are really just about point-scoring.

It's not necessary to postulate a fanciful anally-probed conspiracy theory to explain why dietary treatment for cancer has not become commonplace. Just look how long it took for policies and practices to change in relation to smoking, for example. Solid evidence about the lethal effects of smoking was around for decades before action was taken, and common-sense/anecdotal evidence for decades before that. Cancer survivors "running around" do not health policy and medical politics make.

That's just specious argument and a good example of why discussion of this socio-medical issue should not occur in this forum. Gerson never mentioned alien abductions, btw.

Some people just like a good argument, especially if the target is soft and easily lampooned. 'Debates' like this thread are really just about point-scoring.

It's not necessary to postulate a fanciful anally-probed conspiracy theory to explain why dietary treatment for cancer has not become commonplace. Just look how long it took for policies and practices to change in relation to smoking, for example. Solid evidence about the lethal effects of smoking was around for decades before action was taken, and common-sense/anecdotal evidence for decades before that. Cancer survivors "running around" do not health policy and medical politics make.

Of course my argument was specious. Just to be clear, are you claiming that a conspiracy between the AMA and tobacco companies has managed to suppress the success of the Gerson therapy for more than 50 years?

In fairness, I did not write that smoking cures cancer. I wrote that smoking prevents cancer (and Parkinson's disease).

My statement is true, but as I indicated, should not be sufficient to encourage the practice of smoking.

Im talking about Cannabis Oil or Hemp Oil now being hailed for its medicinal values and studies confirming this to be true:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/662254.stm
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070417193338.htm
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mental_Health_Letter/2010/April/medical-marijuana-and-the-mind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkABfFpewE&feature=channel_video_title

I wouldn't have thought smoking cigarettes cures anything?!

I have heard that when tobacco is mixed with weed, it halves the chances of developing cancer from the tobacco:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fnbEu7YeZg

I mean, you just have to look at all the benefits of weed and how that is still suppressed to understand why they have also done this to the Gerson Therapy, they are very afraid! So many better alternatives out there now than conventional crap...

Of course my argument was specious. Just to be clear, are you claiming that a conspiracy between the AMA and tobacco companies has managed to suppress the success of the Gerson therapy for more than 50 years?

YES! The AMA, the FDA, National Cancer Institute, American Cancer Society, they're all at it...:

62555_154948944527997_154931594529732_339795_8241322_n.jpg

62555_154948927861332_154931594529732_339791_126994_n.jpg

62555_154948924527999_154931594529732_339790_5376850_n.jpg

61989_154948904528001_154931594529732_339789_5035203_n.jpg

62555_154948947861330_154931594529732_339796_4952494_n.jpg

All screenshots taken from the documentary "Healing Cancer From Inside Out"

Doesn't all of this make you want to question everything you've ever been told before?

Doesn't all of this make you want to question everything you've ever been told before?
    Not really. All the scientific evidence that we've provided you hasn't made you change your mind about your ridiculous notion that there has been no improvement in cancer treatments in the last 50 years. Based on what we've seen from you so far, if you think something is true, then it's probably false.

Ok, so that's four separate charts that I've provided proving that modern medicine is improving cancer survival rates. You've provided none that prove the opposite.

Proves that overall all cancer death rates have improved by 2.3% with conventional medicine, i still think that's an abysmal figure and none of us should be happy with that, it's as good as a sugar pill, a placebo or a cancer that went into remission by itself. From everything i've seen on him, Gersons results were a lot better than this.

• Advertisement

Not really. All the scientific evidence that we've provided you hasn't made you change your mind about your ridiculous notion that there has been no improvement in cancer treatments in the last 50 years. Based on what we've seen from you so far, if you think something is true, then it's probably false.

I have stated that conventional medicine HAS improved cancer death rates overall by 2.3%, but that is ALL which is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

And yes, it looks like i did read my own charts wrong, thank you Victor and apologies... So it seems 1 type of cancer may have improved up to 40% but most of them have not so overall when all cancers are taken into account, the improvement is only 2.3%, comparable to a placebo.

Advertisement