Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying To Have Known (A Gerson Therapy Documentary)

Options
  • 12-03-2011 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

In Dying To Have Known, filmmaker Steve Kroschel went on a 52-day journey to find evidence to the effectiveness of the Gerson Therapy -- a long-suppressed natural cancer cure. His travels take him across both the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans, from upstate New York to San Diego to Alaska, from Japan and Holland to Spain and Mexico.

In the end, he presents the testimonies of patients, scientists, surgeons and nutritionists who testify to the therapy's efficacy in curing cancer and other degenerative diseases, and presents the hard scientific proof to back up their claims. You will hear from a Japanese medical school professor who cured himself of liver cancer over 15 years ago, a lymphoma patient who was diagnosed as terminal over 50 years ago as well as noted critics of this world-renowned healing method who dismiss it out of hand as "pure quackery." So the question that remains is, "Why is this powerful curative therapy still suppressed, more than 75 years after it was clearly proven to cure degenerative disease?" The viewers are left to decide for themselves.

Watch the full documentary online now:
    Dying To Have Known video by New Video Digital

Massive eye opener for the medical industry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

Having been touched by fatal cancer in my family this would be very welcome but, http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/gerson/patient/Page2#Section_12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Pixel8 wrote: »
    the question that remains is, "Why is this powerful curative therapy still suppressed, more than 75 years after it was clearly proven to cure degenerative disease?" The viewers are left to decide for themselves.

Watch the full documentary online now:
    Dying To Have Known video by New Video Digital

Massive eye opener for the medical industry!

it's not suppressed it's just not very well regarded as coach23 pointed out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Well, after watchin the Video I would be concurin with the supposition that there is a vested interest Group of Pharmacutical groups and Doctors supressin this knowledge.
    tis Fairly hard to refute the treatment if Someone is tellin ya that they were diagnosed with Terminal cancewr and given 3 Months to live 11 years ago :eek:

Well, after watchin the Video I would be concurin with the supposition that there is a vested interest Group of Pharmacutical groups and Doctors supressin this knowledge.
    tis Fairly hard to refute the treatment if Someone is tellin ya that they were diagnosed with Terminal cancewr and given 3 Months to live 11 years ago :eek:

But without clinical trials there's no way to be sure if the treatment caused the cure.

Cancers do occasionally go into spontaneous remission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I don't think it's necessarily being supressed but simply hasn't had enough clinical trials and published reports in scientific journals to be well known. There was one study conducted in Austria (I think?) in the 90's that seems to support Gerson Therapy slowing cancer (not curing it entirely) but its result's were not really conclusive enough and reconmmended more research was needed. As far as I know there hasn't been much if any reputable published scientific research conducted since then (I am open to correction). Until a research group begin studying and publishing in respectable scientific and medical journals evidence that Gerson Therapy is a 'cure' of sorts it's likely to stay below the radar. Whether the lack of research points to some cover up by pharmaceutical industry is arguable I suppose. Personally speaking I don't think it is but everyone has an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

Guys, if you believe this doesn't work, then you're only listening to what medical doctors and the government are telling you. They are NOT trying to cure you, they are ONLY trying to sell you their drugs which actually have a far less success rate than the Gerson Therapy, look at the statistics!

There actually IS scientific evidence that this works but the vested interests are keeping it quiet and labeling it as quackery coz they have SO much to lose, don't you get it? It's so simple, it's all about money with big pharma, nothing else... watch the documentary and see for yourself, stop believing people that don't give a **** about your health.

Look at the Japanese research into the Gerson Therapy, its ALL positive!!! In the U.S. it is against the law for doctors to recommend you change your diet, they can ONLY suggest you go for chemo, radiation therapy or surgery, thats all! They can lose their license and lots have for treating their patients with anything other than pharma drugs and methods, which obviously don't work, if they did work, would more people be dying of cancer and heart disease now? Of course not, wake up people, this works!!! In Japan, there is no such lack of health freedom and the Japanese are free to research any health cures at all without fear of losing licenses etc. like it is in America.

Other documentaries on the Gerson Therapy:

Food Matters video by James Colquhoun and Laurentine ten Bosch

Healing Cancer From Inside Out video by Rave Diet

I have watched them all at this stage and they are all EYE OPENING to say the least. If you know someone with cancer, diabetes, heart disease or whatever, you are doing them a MASSIVE disservice by not telling them about this cure.

And coach23, if you want to see the evidence for this cure, it's all presented in Dying To Have Known. The doctors against the Gerson Therapy are also interviewed in this docu, and their evidence against Gerson is non-existent! They are just plain liars im afraid!

Guys, if you believe this doesn't work, then you're only listening to what medical doctors and the government are telling you. They are NOT trying to cure you, they are ONLY trying to sell you their drugs which actually have a far less success rate than the Gerson Therapy, look at the statistics!

There actually IS scientific evidence that this works but the vested interests are keeping it quiet and labeling it as quackery coz they have SO much to lose, don't you get it? It's so simple, it's all about money with big pharma, nothing else... watch the documentary and see for yourself, stop believing people that don't give a **** about your health.

Look at the Japanese research into the Gerson Therapy, its ALL positive!!! In the U.S. it is against the law for doctors to recommend you change your diet, they can ONLY suggest you go for chemo, radiation therapy or surgery, thats all! They can lose their license and lots have for treating their patients with anything other than pharma drugs and methods, which obviously don't work, if they did work, would more people be dying of cancer and heart disease now? Of course not, wake up people, this works!!!

Other documentaries on the Gerson Therapy:

Food Matters video by James Colquhoun and Laurentine ten Bosch

Healing Cancer From Inside Out video by Rave Diet

I have watched them all at this stage and they are all EYE OPENING to say the least. If you know someone with cancer, diabetes, heart disease or whatever, you are doing them a MASSIVE disservice by not telling them about this cure.

And coach23, if you want to see the evidence for this cure, it's all presented in Dying To Have Known.

I'd rather see peer reviewed studies.

Di0genes wrote: »
    I'd rather see peer reviewed studies.

There's no helping some people...

Double-blind clinical trial studies can't be applied to the Gerson Therapy because there are so many variables involved including dozens of different fruits and vegetables with numerous vitamins and minerals. Science is not equipt to test the Gerson Therapy because science tests one variable at a time and so its almost impossible to do a double-blind clinical trial study on it.
    The test that has been done on it involves medical scientists publishing their studies, other medical scientists duplicating the experiments and confirming in their own publications that it works. Publication, replication and confirmation, that is scientific proof my friend, peer reviewed or not. I'd believe independent scientific studies into this before i'd believe some peer reviewed nonsense that actually turns out not to work, like Chemo! Chemo has caused cancer in a lot of cases!

Im surprised all people here wanna do is argue and debate their own views on a subject without looking at the documentary itself, when all your questions are answered in the bloody thing, save your breath and watch the thing first, good god...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There's no helping some people...

Double-blind clinical trial studies can't be applied to the Gerson Therapy because there are so many variables involved including dozens of different fruits and vegetables with numerous vitamins and minerals. Science is not equipt to test the Gerson Therapy because science tests one variable at a time and so its almost impossible to do a double-blind clinical trial study on it.
    The test that has been done on it involves medical scientists publishing their studies, other medical scientists duplicating the experiments and confirming in their own publications that it works. Publication, replication and confirmation, that is scientific proof my friend, peer reviewed or not. I'd believe independent scientific studies into this before i'd believe some peer reviewed nonsense that actually turns out not to work, like Chemo! Chemo has caused cancer in a lot of cases!

Im surprised all people here wanna do is argue and debate their own views on a subject without looking at the documentary itself, when all your questions are answered in the bloody thing, save your breath and watch the thing first, good god...

Peer review isn't the same as double blind testing.
    Peer review is were the publication reviews the submitted paper to see if it holds up to standard.

What exactly makes the scientists who are advocating this so trustworthy?

Publication, replication and confirmation, that is scientific proof my friend, peer reviewed or not.

No thats part of the peer reviewed process....

• Advertisement

No thats part of the peer reviewed process....

Well then its been done and exists. Charlotte Gerson's son who is an MIT scientist is the one saying that in the film.

I see you still haven't watched it yet Di0genes...

Well then its been done and exists. Charlotte Gerson's son who is an MIT scientist is the one saying that in the film.

I see you still haven't watched it yet Di0genes...

I have and I think it's weird that you say
    you're only listening to what medical doctors and the government are telling you.

Oncology departments consists of hundreds of doctors, nurses, pharmacists and technical staff.

Are you suggesting that these people who dedicate their lives to helping people and saving lives, aren't dedicated to saving lives?

Lets discuss the points raised in the Video, and ONLY The points raised in the video.

if people want to ramble off on tangents about how it couldnt be a conspiracy because its inconcievable that XYZ 'Honest and decent People' would act against our best interests, Save it for another thread.

Lets discuss the points raised in the Video

Oncology departments consists of hundreds of doctors, nurses, pharmacists and technical staff.

Are you suggesting that these people who dedicate their lives to helping people and saving lives, aren't dedicated to saving lives?

Nope, im not suggesting that, they are dedicated to saving lives with the information that they have, they just don't have the full picture on how cancer is caused, what causes it and how to address the ROOT of the problem.

Less than 6% of medical doctors receive any training in nutrition, therefore they don't know about dietary changes and the positive effects this has on the body, nevermind having any clue about what high dose vitamins and minerals do to the body.

Those doctors that have studied nutrition are the ones appearing in these documentaries!

Im sure you're aware that vitamins and minerals are demonised by the media, by the government and by the medical industry, why do you think that is when all of our organs rely solely on vitamins and minerals in order to function properly, not artificial drugs. So why would we put artificial drugs inside our bodies when our bodies are craving vitamins and minerals?! It makes no sense whatsoever unless you treat symptoms instead of the root cause. We now know that most chronic diseases are vitamin deficiency diseases, just like scurvy. Cancer, Heart Disease and Diabetes are caused by eating too much processed food, meat and dairy products over a long period of time (15 - 20 years) and not enough vitamin and mineral rich fruit and vegetables. Growing your own fruit and vegetables is the only way out of this.

I'll say again, your questions Di0genese make no sense if you say you have watched any of those documentaries because everything you say is addressed in all of them so please, do some research, the info is there for everybody to see, and you don't need a scientist to tell you its real, you just need some common sense and some patience to sit through them all.

I know its hard to believe that not everyone in the medical business is out there to help you, but wherever money is involved, it's a different story and the sickness industry is a trillion dollar a year industry so it was always going to go this way eventually no matter how it began...

Nope, im not suggesting that, they are dedicated to saving lives with the information that they have, they just don't have the full picture on how cancer is caused, what causes it and how to address the ROOT of the problem.

Less than 6% of medical doctors receive any training in nutrition, therefore they don't know about dietary changes and the positive effects this has on the body, nevermind having any clue about what high dose vitamins and minerals do to the body.

Those doctors that have studied nutrition are the ones appearing in these documentaries!

Im sure you're aware that vitamins and minerals are demonised by the media, by the government and by the medical industry, why do you think that is when all of our organs rely solely on vitamins and minerals in order to function properly, not artificial drugs. So why would we put artificial drugs inside our bodies when our bodies are craving vitamins and minerals?! It makes no sense whatsoever unless you treat symptoms instead of the root cause. We now know that most chronic diseases are vitamin deficiency diseases, just like scurvy. Cancer, Heart Disease and Diabetes are caused by eating too much processed food, meat and dairy products over a long period of time (15 - 20 years) and not enough vitamin and mineral rich fruit and vegetables. Growing your own fruit and vegetables is the only way out of this.

I'll say again, your questions Di0genese make no sense if you say you have watched any of those documentaries because everything you say is addressed in all of them so please, do some research, the info is there for everybody to see, and you don't need a scientist to tell you its real, you just need some common sense and some patience to sit through them all.

I know its hard to believe that not everyone in the medical business is out there to help you, but wherever money is involved, it's a different story and the sickness industry is a trillion dollar a year industry so it was always going to go this way eventually no matter how it began...

So leaving aside the fact that every medical statement you just made is wrong, why is that the guys advocating the stuff you're claim are immune to the same problems you think are there with mainstream doctors?
    How do you know that these guys aren't just out after your money, using sloppy science and terrible reasoning to sell their stuff then using an invented conspiracy to explain away the lack of standards and evidence?
    What exactly makes these guys so trustworthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The last speech at the end was just bizarre, incredibly pretentious and condescending. Wish it were at the start so I could have skipped the entire thing based on it.

OK then Mob, Please provide the ''Correct'' information then.

as for the rest of your statement, Watch the Video, that should answer your questions

Dunno rigger, It was a BIT Preachy, but it did make a few good points.

Why, is it not obvious how ill informed and uneducated those claims are?
    as for the rest of your statement, Watch the Video, that should answer your questions
    Well if the above claims are a sample of the stuff contained in the video, there is a million better things to do.

I suppose a quick summation of the points relevant to my question is too much to ask?

King Mob wrote: »
    Why, is it not obvious how ill informed and uneducated those claims are?
    Well then if its So Fcukin obvious you will have no Problem
    SHOWING where the claims are incorrect. See thats the issue, anyone can just breeze into a thread and lob out random dismissals, then make vague claims that the stuff is too obvious to discuss

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY SAY IT
    Well if the above claims are a sample of the stuff contained in the video, there is a million better things to do.
    Yet you waste your precious time engaged in pointless circular arguments here on this forum :rolleyes:
    I suppose a quick summation of the points relevant to my question is too much to ask?

I suppose actually watching the video before entering into a Discussion about it is too much to ask

• Advertisement

Well then if its So Fcukin obvious you will have no Problem
    SHOWING where the claims are incorrect. See thats the issue, anyone can just breeze into a thread and lob out random dismissals, then make vague claims that the stuff is too obvious to discuss

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY SAY IT
    Well for one: Saying drugs don't work because our organs don't need them is painfully stupid. To say this you either have to be totally ignorant of how drugs, chemistry and biology work or you have to be deliberately making a fallacious argument.
    Second: Saying processed food cause cancer, heart disease at the very best is a half truth. Some processed foods can increase the likelyhood of getting these diseases, but this in not the same as a cause, and it doesn't mean that not eating these foods will mean that you'll never get these diseases.
    All of them have many many other factors that contribute to their incidence such as genetics, injury and even viruses.
    But you know this as well as I do.
    Yet you waste your precious time engaged in pointless circular arguments here on this forum :rolleyes:

I suppose actually watching the video before entering into a Discussion about it is too much to ask
    MC, this is kind of where all you're bitching about "constructive posts" and "positive discussion" is shown to be hypocritical hot air.
    Engaging in silly petty little sidetracks like that is exactly the kind of thing you have been accusing others of.
    If you don't want to answer a simple question relevant to the topic then don't.

Sorry Now Mob

How is it a Silly Petty sidetrack to ask people

TO WATCH A VIDEO BEFORE DISCUSSING IT :rolleyes:

Sorry Now Mob

How is it a Silly Petty sidetrack to ask people

TO WATCH A VIDEO BEFORE DISCUSSING IT :rolleyes:

Well it kind of is when the only reason you're posting is to tell others to do so, then ignore there points.
    It's good to know I wasted more time explaining what you asked me to explain only to have you ignore it.

The reason I'm asking this question is because if these guys are selling this stuff on their authority as doctors, then how about the majority of doctors who say there's nothing to support this type of therapy?
    So if those doctors are corrupt and are suppressing this therapy for money etc, then the other doctors are as open to the same corruption.
    Since the documentary is asking me to question the authority of doctors then I also have to question the authority of the doctors featured in the film. So on the premises of the thing there's no reason I should even trust anything said in it.
    Unless of course there's a specific way to determine which doctors are trustworthy.

So leaving aside the fact that every medical statement you just made is wrong, why is that the guys advocating the stuff you're claim are immune to the same problems you think are there with mainstream doctors?
    How do you know that these guys aren't just out after your money, using sloppy science and terrible reasoning to sell their stuff then using an invented conspiracy to explain away the lack of standards and evidence?
    What exactly makes these guys so trustworthy?

Deary me, you have some amount of catching up to do...

The guys advocating this are obviously part of the 6% of doctors who DO study nutrition.

My parents and sisters are on high dose vitamins for the last few years, they get these vitamin powders from australia and take them every day. My oldest sister with 3 young kids has been in and out of hospital the last while having her 3rd baby and the doctors in there are amazed at how healthy they are, they've told her a few times that they're the healthiest people they have ever seen in that hospital. It's because of the vitamins, simple as that. I haven't seen them sick with anything yet since long before she had all 3 of her kids...
    Get off your prescription drugs and get onto fruit and veg drinks, it's the future of medicine!

High dose Vitamin D cures the Flu pretty quick, i tried that one at christmas, took 15,000 IU Vitamin D3 the day i got it, next day it was gone, amazing. I told some friends about it too and they took loads of vitamin D when they got the flu around christmas, next day gone so its absolutely working.

Im currently taking fruit drinks and vitamins, need to get a juicer so i can juice vegetables but i'll be getting one of those soon. My health just seems to be improving every day so im convinced this is having a hugely positive effect on me, i'll keep you posted and let you know how i feel in a month.

Deary me, you have some amount of catching up to do...

The guys advocating this are obviously part of the 6% of doctors who DO study nutrition.
    And even if they are, and that statistic was true, that doesn't show they are trustworthy.
    How specifically do you know that they aren't as corrupt as the mainstream doctors?
    My parents and sisters are on high dose vitamins for the last few years, they get these vitamin powders from australia and take them every day. My oldest sister with 3 young kids has been in and out of hospital the last while having her 3rd baby and the doctors in there are amazed at how healthy they are, they've told her a few times that they're the healthiest people they have ever seen in that hospital. It's because of the vitamins, simple as that. I haven't seen them sick with anything yet since long before she had all 3 of her kids...
    Get off your prescription drugs and get onto fruit and veg drinks, it's the future of medicine!

High dose Vitamin D cures the Flu pretty quick, i tried that one at christmas, took 15,000 IU Vitamin D3 the day i got it, next day it was gone, amazing. I told some friends about it too and they took loads of vitamin D when they got the flu around christmas, next day gone so its absolutely working.

Im currently taking fruit drinks and vitamins, need to get a juicer so i can juice vegetables but i'll be getting one of those soon. My health just seems to be improving every day so im convinced this is having a hugely positive effect on me, i'll keep you posted and let you know how i feel in a month.
    I don't do any of that stuff, nor do any of my friends or family. We regularly visit the doctors when needed.
    We are all pretty healthy. And none of us have been sick ages
    Recently I've started eating french toast, and I've been feeling great and my health has been improving every day.
    Over christmas I didn't take any vitamin D and I never got any flu, at all.

See that's the thing with anecdotal evidence, it doesn't prove ****.

MOb, Watch the video, then we can discuss the points raised in the Video, not some random tangents that you Presume to be discussed in the video

Well it kind of is when the only reason you're posting is to tell others to do so, then ignore there points.
    It's good to know I wasted more time explaining what you asked me to explain only to have you ignore it.

The reason I'm asking this question is because if these guys are selling this stuff on their authority as doctors, then how about the majority of doctors who say there's nothing to support this type of therapy?
    So if those doctors are corrupt and are suppressing this therapy for money etc, then the other doctors are as open to the same corruption.
    Since the documentary is asking me to question the authority of doctors then I also have to question the authority of the doctors featured in the film. So on the premises of the thing there's no reason I should even trust anything said in it.
    Unless of course there's a specific way to determine which doctors are trustworthy.

They're not selling anything, thats the point! Good health makes a lot of sense, but it doesn't make a lot of dollars as Dr. Saul says...

You can't patent vitamins and minerals so big pharma doesn't want anything to do with it. Big pharma are the ones making all the money, how much is chemo the last time you checked? About 100,000% more expensive than vitamin therapy, who's making all the money then? How many people die from Cancer and Heart Disease every year? In the US, Cancer 553,888 deaths per year, Heart Disease 652,486 deaths per year. Somethings not working and its called conventional medicine.

The whole situation with the health industry is so ironic, it's the other way around, they even interview doctors in the movie that are against the gerson therapy so you can get both sides of the story and make your own mind up. It's totally obvious to me after researching this for the past few years, vitamins and minerals cure disease.

I don't do any of that stuff, nor do any of my friends or family. We regularly visit the doctors when needed.
    We are all pretty healthy. And none of us have been sick ages
    Recently I've started eating french toast, and I've been feeling great and my health has been improving every day.
    Over christmas I didn't take any vitamin D and I never got any flu, at all.

See that's the thing with anecdotal evidence, it doesn't prove ****.

You must be eating enough fruit and veg to balance out the bad effects from meat and dairy products. Whats your diet like?

MOb, Watch the video, then we can discuss the points raised in the Video, not some random tangents that you Presume to be discussed in the video
    Actually you said that my point was dealt with in the video.

Asking how these doctors are trustworthy seems to be relevant to the topic.

• Advertisement

They're not selling anything, thats the point! Good health makes a lot of sense, but it doesn't make a lot of dollars as Dr. Saul says...
    Wow. I think I might have a bridge or two to sell you.
    Where did you get the the vitamin tablets you think cured the flu?
    You must be eating enough fruit and veg to balance out the bad effects from meat and dairy products. Whats your diet like?
    I'm not, I assure you. It's almost entirely meat and diary and coke and bread and various junk foods.

You do understand why anecdotal evidence is totally useless in this kinda stuff right?

Advertisement