Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying To Have Known (A Gerson Therapy Documentary)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

King Mob wrote: »
    So what does Mercola have that they don't? What makes him immune to the corruption that mainstream doctors are subject to?

Is it just that he agrees with your worldview?

:DWhat's this thing with you and posters "worldviews"?

I realise you can't help yourself sometimes by poopooing posters opinions and putting them down to having some sort of retarded worldview that dictates their thinking and impairs their ability to view issues.
    Aint no saint myself...

So you yourself are immune to to your so-called worldview or do you consider yourself a completely unbiased automaton? (you don't have to answer that)

Have you watched "Food Matters"?
    It's a good watch mate. Yea i know it's probably too "ct" for you and you'll claim you need to take a shower afterwards coz you read about those guys on quackwatch:pac:

Just getting away from Gerson and other issues, in general those types of guys speak a lot of truth IMO.
    It's better to eat healthy etc and prevent the causes than to have sickies to turn up feeling ill is it not?

Mainstream doctors are mostly good guys i presume(not evil as you sometimes provocatively suggest)

They're just chained to a corrupted and ****ed system.

Anyway sorry to butt in with this low brow stuff. Assume the poster will be responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

ed2hands wrote: »
    :DWhat's this thing with you and posters "worldviews"?

I realise you can't help yourself sometimes by poopooing posters opinions and putting them down to having some sort of retarded worldview that dictates their thinking and impairs their ability to view issues.
    Aint no saint myself...
    Because Pixel 8 had said:
    The main reason i like Mercola is because he is a medical doctor with decades of experience and i've read his history, its very commendable actually and he comes across to me as an honest and truthful man who helps people first and foremost. He's a positive guy.

He is also reaching the same conclusions as myself in terms of research into nutrition, vitamins and minerals.

And this, with the fact that he hasn't, and probably can't, provide a single solid reason to show that Mecola and his ilk are more trustworthy than mainstream doctors, I asked him straight out whether or not that was his only reason for believing.

And as I'm sure you agree that's a very silly reason to accept someone's claims.

Perhaps you could answer the question as well:
    Why do you trust anything folks like Mercola have to say when they are subject to the same things that cause mainstream doctors to become corrupt?

Why do you trust anything folks like Mercola have to say when they are subject to the same things that cause mainstream doctors to become corrupt?

I don't particularly trust Mercola actually. Have never stated that myself. Have only visited the site a few odd times.
    Am not well up on him to back him up 100%.

Suffice to say if anyone uses their noggin, they will realise that it's better to eat well than to be suckered into consuming mass-produced pesticide laden chemical soup washed down with flouridated gunk.
    You roll the dice on whether you survive into retirement. (as i chow down on a McVities digestive;))

I don't particularly trust Mercola actually. Have never stated that myself. Have only visited the site a few odd times.
    Am not well up on him to back him up 100%.
    But why trust him any percentage when you totally reject anything from mainstream doctors?
    Why trust any alternative doctors when they are all as subject to corruption as Mercola and people think mainstream doctors are?

Why do you think Pixel 8 trusts him so much?

But why trust him any percentage when you totally reject anything from mainstream doctors?

Hold on there. You can't link to where i've totally rejected anything from mainstream doctors. I'm sorry but you're sort of painting me into a corner.

Am not trying to polarise this thread; just giving my admittedly ill-informed two-cents. No worries. Am in no way associating myself with Gerson as i don't have enough knowledge about this. Just have major issues with these themes and some of the things we've discussed together on other threads.
    Back to the experts..

• Advertisement

Hold on there. You can't link to where i've totally rejected anything from mainstream doctors. I'm sorry but you're sort of painting me into a corner.
    So then what criteria do you use to determine whether or a mainstream doctor is telling the truth?
    What do you use for alternative medicine?

You see I've been asking these same three questions this entire thread without a single straight, reasonable answer.

Why do you think Pixel 8 trusts him so much?

Another rhetorical gem KM:)

So then what criteria do you use to determine whether or a mainstream doctor is telling the truth?

Good question. Dunno. My noggin i suppose.
    What do you use for alternative medicine?

Haven't a clue what you're on about here...
    You see I've been asking these same three questions this entire thread without a single straight, reasonable answer.

It's probably because you sometimes insert offensive trollish bull**** that makes posters believe you're only here to ridicule and paint people into corners and falsely attribute things to posters that posters didn't even say in the first place.;)

Another rhetorical gem KM:)
    What exactly is wrong with the question?
    You clearly think that trusting folks like Mercola blindly is foolish.
    And we've seen that Pixel 8 does not have any good reasons to trust Mercola.
    So why is the question so hard or tricky?
    Good question. Dunno. My noggin i suppose.
    So you just arbitrarily deicide when they're telling the truth and when they're scamming people?
    Haven't a clue what you're on about here...
    What criteria do you use to determine whether or not an alternative medicine works or not?
    It's probably because you sometimes insert offensive trollish bull**** that makes posters believe you're only here to ridicule and paint people into corners and falsely attribute things to posters that posters didn't even say in the first place.;)
    Except I've asked the question by itself several times without anything that could be considered offensive by the overly sensitive....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71148593&postcount=10
    Could you point out what in my first post is "offensive" or indicates that I'm "only here to ridicule"?

You'd swear it's a trick question or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Calm it down, ed2hands. Adding a smiley face to the end doesn't excuse you from attacking another poster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Pixel8 wrote: »
    The main reason i like Mercola is because he is a medical doctor with decades of experience and i've read his history, its very commendable actually and he comes across to me as an honest and truthful man who helps people first and foremost. He's a positive guy.

That's nice, but it's really no indication of the validity of anything he says.

He is also reaching the same conclusions as myself in terms of research into nutrition, vitamins and minerals.

But this is also totally worthless.
    I'm glad you feel better - but how can you be sure that your current feeling of wellbeing is attributed to wolfing down minerals and vitamins?
    And i don't mean to be obtuse, but you cannot claim that it is self evident and expect that to be sufficient.
    How can you be sure that the effect isn't the placebo effect? How can you be sure it's not some other factor?

You think it's working for you and that's great but i don't think it's unfair that people ask for more than simply your word that it works.

"Trust me, i'm not a doctor" isn't an appealing slogan, personally speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Nope, its just one of many reasons why i would believe Mercola over, say, Quackwatch. I mean seriously, you do know there's disinformation people out there too? Quackwatch is one such website.

He is also reaching the same conclusions as myself in terms of research into nutrition, vitamins and minerals. I know because i have been taking lots of vitamins the last 5 or 6 months now and i feel great, like a huge weight is slowly but surely being lifted off my body, like a release of pressure all around my bowels and left leg, where most of my problems have been these last 8 years now.

This aint no placebo, its very real. And its about time you tried it too, whatever you believe, you will be pleasantly surprised at the results!

Making yourself dependent on vitamin supplements doesn't sound healthy to me

So why is the question so hard or tricky?

Your questions was "Why do you think Pixel 8 trusts Mercola so much?"

The thing is i don't know how to answer that KM. Maybe re-read Pixel 8s own posts and try to guess?
    It's a pointless question to ask me isn't it really?
    As i had already told you, am just vaguely familiar with Mercola, and of course i don't know Pixel 8, so what use is for me to speculate why he trusts him?
    It's a trick question as far as i'm concerned.
    So you just arbitrarily deicide when they're telling the truth and when they're scamming people?

No. That would be dumb wouldn't it?. Don't feel like being done to death about this though. I make these sorts of decisions the same way you do or anyone else does i presume.
    What criteria do you use to determine whether or not an alternative medicine works or not?

I've never yet taken an alternative medicine, so haven't crossed that bridge yet. But i gather you'd love to interrogate me about how i would make my choice. We've sort been through this before on another thread. While you opinions are welcome to me, just don't see an goodness in discussing it here again.
    I enjoy reading your opinions on alternative medicine.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71148593&postcount=10
    Could you point out what in my first post is "offensive" or indicates that I'm "only here to ridicule"?

I can't point to anything that's offensive or ridiculing in that first post.
    You'd swear it's a trick question or something...

Your questions was "Why do you think Pixel 8 trusts Mercola so much?"

The thing is i don't know how to answer that KM. Maybe re-read Pixel 8s own posts and try to guess?
    It's a pointless question to ask me isn't it really?
    As i had already told you, am just vaguely familiar with Mercola, and of course i don't know Pixel 8, so what use is for me to speculate why he trusts him?
    It's a trick question as far as i'm concerned.
    I did guess, then asked him whether or not that was the reason or not:
    That he in fact only trusts Mercola because he happens to agree with a certain worldview.
    Now, how come when it's me or another skeptic you and others have no problem making rash conclusions about why we believe something but don't want to comment on a fellow conspiracy theorist's views, even when you've already agreed that they aren't based on the most solid of foundations.

I suppose it is only a trick question if you're not being honest and fair.
    No. That would be dumb wouldn't it?. Don't feel like being done to death about this though. I make these sorts of decisions the same way you do or anyone else does i presume.
    Probably not as I base my decisions on the facts and the evidence.
    I can't point to anything that's offensive or ridiculing in that first post.
    So then why do you think that no-one who does believe in alternative medicine experts has been able to actually address it?

I suppose it is only a trick question if you're not being honest and fair.

Fair enough. Suppose what you like on whether i'm being dishonest or unfair.

I'm still supposing it was a trick question, either to drag me into making pointless comments about the posters reason for trusting, or to say i'm being dishonest and unfair by declining to answer it.
    Probably not as I base my decisions on the facts and the evidence.

Probably not?:) That's also how i make decisions.
    So then why do you think that no-one who does believe in alternative medicine experts has been able to actually address it?

This thread is quite long. There was plenty of addressing done from what i can see. Anyway that's my lot on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

Well it goes a little something like this. If Mercola endorsed Chemo, Radiation, Surgery etc. he would make hundreds of thousands more in profits by pushing the Big Pharma solutions to sickness. He would make lots more money and get lots of free holidays out of it too, sponsored by Big Pharma.

He decided, being a medical doctor and coming from that corrupt system, that he would go down the honest route instead and make a LOT less money by pushing those methods that he feels actually work, vitamins and minerals and the natural approach to dealing with sickness.

This approach is obviously not a money making exercise because if it was money he after, he would be pushing the Big Pharma solutions because doctors make WAY more money that way than the natural way, do you get it now?

There is way less money in natural healing than Big Pharma sickness sustaining solutions and Mercola is well aware of this but yet he still chooses to push what he believes works.

So Mercola is obviously not doing what he's doing for the money. And now you'd have to wonder is he just a selfless person then, looking to actually help people honestly and truthfully, and thats what i believe he is doing.

There are lots of doctors out there who have never tried the natural approach to healing simply because Big Pharma don't endorse it, so they wont even try it themselves.
    It's the doctors who come from the Big Pharma mindset, go outside it and research other methods that are the ones jumping ship away from Big Pharma. They are the ones that have realised the corruption and want to get out of this mess. Mercola is one of those doctors.

And so what if he sells vitamins and minerals on his site, he sells the stuff he believes actually works and let me also point out that vitamins and minerals are thousands of euro's cheaper than Chemo, Radiation, Surgery, Bi Pass and any other unnecessary medical procedure.

Doctors who promote Chemo, Radiation and Surgery are clearly doing it for the MONEY and nothing else! Come on now, wake up and don't be so naive! The REAL MONEY is in Big Pharma solutions, the REAL TRUTH is in Vitamins and Minerals.

I suppose only experience in both methods is going to make you realise which is better... thats why i'll be looking for doctors with Nutritional Degrees next time i visit one. Remember, less than 6% of all medical doctors receive any training in Nutrition, so they don't even know anything about it...

Well it goes a little something like this. If Mercola endorsed Chemo, Radiation, Surgery etc. he would make hundreds of thousands more in profits by pushing the Big Pharma solutions to sickness. He would make lots more money and get lots of free holidays out of it too, sponsored by Big Pharma.

He decided, being a medical doctor and coming from that corrupt system, that he would go down the honest route instead and make a LOT less money by pushing those methods that he feels actually work, vitamins and minerals and the natural approach to dealing with sickness.

This approach is obviously not a money making exercise because if it was money he after, he would be pushing the Big Pharma solutions because doctors make WAY more money that way than the natural way, do you get it now?
    There's tons of money to be made in alternative medicine.
    For example one homoepathy company which has been in the news lately is worth over 300 million euro, so they have plenty of money to throw around and get Mercola to endorse their crap.
    Then you also have the books and lectures you can sell. Which Mercola , both proudly informing us that his books are bestsellers and advertising his lecture series.

The vast, vast majority of real doctors do not make hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    The ones that do generally have to scrape their way up that ladder.
    But to hawk alternative medicine and conspiracy theories, you don't even need a degree, just some slick marketing skills.

Mercola makes plenty of money from his site, books, lectures, clinics and whatever else he can sell.
    He is just as likely to be corrupt as you think actual doctors are, yet you trust him while rejecting real medicine.
    Your reasons for trusting him are laughably naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 victorhelsing

Just to be clear, physicians are paid to treat patients. Physicians are NOT paid to give out chemo / radiation / surgery by those people selling drugs / machines / etc. Physicians do not get free holidays sponsored by Big Pharma. (If you think I am lying, let me know who to contact for free holidays and I will share that with all of my physician friends. If you know how to get the bribes paid by "Big Pharma", tobacco lobby, or the Bilderberg types, I'd love to share that information as well. How many physicians do you personally know who are taking advantage of all of these bonuses? Have you EVER met one? I have not.)

This point is a bit picky, but he is not a "medical doctor". He is a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O., not M.D.) Now, there are those who might say this is like the difference between a prostitute and a whore, but it is a bit more meaningful. Osteopaths cling (at least during their training) to unconventional techniques such as "muscle energy techniques" and other massage and "adjustment" variations similar to chiropractors, also not mainstream "medical doctors". They emphasize a more "holistic" approach in their propaganda, although few of the osteopaths I have met in actual practice of medicine continue to preach that gospel.

(The other point to be made is that greater than 95% of osteopathic students were unable to get into conventional medical schools - that's usually why they choose to become osteopaths or chiropractors*. That does not make them bad people, and some of them are good doctors (just as some M.D.s are not good). Nonetheless, knowing nothing else, would you rather be treated by a physician who graduated from Harvard or one who graduated from Northeastern Mississippi State University? [* To be fair, it is hard to get osteopaths to admit that's why they went to osteopathic school. Although I assume they exist, I have never met an osteopath who was offered a spot at an M.D. school.] )

When you speak of the corrupt system from which he came, you are not referring to him practicing medicine, but rather selling drugs for pharmaceutical companies, which is what he was actually doing. And I assure you, there is a great deal more money to be made selling "alternative medicine" in little bottles than there is being a sales rep for "Big Pharma". How do I know? I know a lot of sales reps for "Big Pharma", most are just happy to have their jobs. They work long hours and travel an awful lot away from their families, they do the best they can, and none that I know get a cut of the evil profits to which you constantly allude. How many pharmaceutical reps do you know, and how much are they being paid (and what is their "percentage" of the blood money?)
    So Mercola is obviously not doing what he's doing for the money. And now you'd have to wonder is he just a selfless person then, looking to actually help people honestly and truthfully, and thats what i believe he is doing.

I am baffled that you can draw this conclusion from the facts available to everyone. Mercola is [undisputably] making huge amounts of money, far greater than he could possibly make as a D.O., or a drug rep, preaching his gospel of alternative medicine. He may or may not be selfless, but you have absolutely no evidence of that. (Are you aware that "con man" is short for "confidence man" - someone who makes his money by winning the "confidence" of others - not by telling the truth, but by convincing them of a lie? In case you don't understand, quack is one of those fancy medical words used by physicians in place of a perfectly good vernacular expression.)
    There are lots of doctors out there who have never tried the natural approach to healing simply because Big Pharma don't endorse it...

I'll need to take your good word on that, because I have never met one of these "lots of doctors". Where do you go to meet doctors?
    Doctors who promote Chemo, Radiation and Surgery are clearly doing it for the MONEY and nothing else!

Go ahead, name one. Convince me, name two. Convince everyone, name three! Are these physicians you know personally, or are they those smeared by the "alternative medicine" types you trust?
    I suppose only experience in both methods is going to make you realise which is better... thats why i'll be looking for doctors with Nutritional Degrees next time i visit one. Remember, less than 6% of all medical doctors receive any training in Nutrition, so they don't even know anything about it...

Speaking from a factual point of view, you're just wrong, but I grow tired of criticizing your faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

Have you guys all seen 'Run From The Cure'? It's a similar debate...

Full movie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

I would be interested in seeing somebody try to debunk this, pretty big conspiracy (encorporating law) herein would seem to be the conclusion...

Obelisk wrote: »
    Have you guys all seen 'Run From The Cure'? It's a similar debate...

The Story of Rick Simpson, cancer curer.

Full movie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

I would be interested in seeing somebody try to debunk this, pretty big conspiracy herein would seem to be the conclusion...

So what medicial or scientific evidence does this guy present in the video?
    Or is it just a bunch of unsupported, unverifiable anecdotes as usual?

• Advertisement

My point is basically that 'big-pharma' and others are not interested in your health per se, but only in a cure that can be patented by them.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolishly niave.

All natural or 'alternative' cures are either banned or dismissed, while its the norm for the big companies to use chemical waste products in synthetic drugs and mass market it to GP's. etc all the kids on ritalin etc.

I didnt mean for this to digress into benefit's of medical marijuana discussion (of which there are many)

My point is basically that 'big-pharma' and others are not interested in your health per se, but only in a cure that can be patented by them.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolishly niave.

All natural or 'alternative' cures are either banned or dismissed, while its the norm for the big companies to use chemical waste products in synthetic drugs and mass market it to GP's. etc all the kids on ritalin etc.

And if so many people can be involved in the conspiracy and generally don't care about people's health, what makes those in the alternative medicine industry from being the same?

And if so many people can be involved in the conspiracy and generally don't care about people's health, what makes those in the alternative medicine industry from being the same?

By alternative do you mean natural?

By alternative do you mean natural?
    Alternative as in not mainstream.

How do you that they simply aren't as bad as those evil mainstream doctors and are in fact simply selling snake oil and nonsense?

Alternative as in not mainstream.

How do you that they simply aren't as bad as those evil mainstream doctors and are in fact simply selling snake oil and nonsense?

Who are they? A natural product is what it is, exactly that.

Whereas we KNOW the big companies are doing this to people.

Daily....

In a BIG way.

Who are they? A natural product is what it is, exactly that.

Whereas we KNOW the big companies are doing this to people.

Daily....

In a BIG way.

They as in people like "Rick Simpson, cancer curer".
    And all the people who are telling "natural" cures work and make a mint doing so.
    So why should we trust these people when they are just as corruptible as actual doctors?

Did I mention the word natural dude?

As in, it doesnt belong to anyone in particular...

How can you sell something that actually doesnt belong to you? (ie patent)

If I remember correctly, this guy "Rick" shows us how to make his cure.

Mother nature does the rest regarding production. No money.

Does that really seem like a scam to you? I'm just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

They as in people like "Rick Simpson, cancer curer".
    And all the people who are telling "natural" cures work and make a mint doing so.
    So why should we trust these people when they are just as corruptible as actual doctors?

Watch the BBC documentary "Cannabis: The Evil Weed"

It shows that doctors in the UK have been growing tonnes of marijuana every year for the last few years testing the brown treacle like substance you get from crushing down weed plants and they're getting very positive results, similar to Rick Simpsons research into it. They also found that there's another substance in marijuana which reverses skitzophrenia, could be CBD, not sure.

With regard to corrupt doctors, im sure most doctors are not knowingly corrupt but do participate and play the game without realising that there's other information outside their controlled medical journals which is even more important. It's the big organisations like the FDA, AMA, ACS and similar organisations who control the information that filters down to normal medical doctors and they follow it without researching outside this control. Dr. Saul addresses this in Food Matters and can point you to some case studies: http://www.doctoryourself.com/

Did I mention the word natural dude?

As in, it doesnt belong to anyone in particular...

How can you sell something that actually doesnt belong to you? (ie patent)

If I remember correctly, this guy "Rick" shows us how to make his cure.

Mother nature does the rest regarding production. No money.

Does that really seem like a scam to you? I'm just curious
    Books, lectures, consultations.
    I've already shown an example of a "natural" medicine company that's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Or you know, he could just be crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Diet is just one risk factor in most illnesses, what do you do if even with a healthy diet etc you still get cancer?

People still got sick long before processed foods and pesticides...why? if diet is the be all and end all

Your body can't tell the difference between natural and synthetic chemicals

The test that show the benefits of medical marijuana are the same techniques used for the synthetic drugs, if the system is flawed why believe in either?

By the way marijuana contains alot of different cannaboids that all have different effects some good and some bad. If one reverses schizo it will have to be extracted or synthetically mimicked (either method could be patented, so too say that big pharma isn't interested in natural medicine because it can't be patented is false) to be useful in which case it won't be "natural" anymore, will you be agaisnt it then?

From reading this thread i think the anti-pharma posters not interested in learning how science / body works and therefore why Mercola et al are wrong, but its more to do with politics / anti-capatilism, why else ignore all the scientific holes on these alternative medicine sites

Advertisement