Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP ProLiant MicroServer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

Hi

CCL Online are not a HP Preferred Partner so would not be eligible for the cashback.

Kind Regards

Alison Birchwhite

Outbound Field Marketing Services Ltd
    Waterloo House, Riseley Business Park
    Basingstoke Road
    Riseley
    Berkshire
    RG7 1NW

Tel: 0845 634 4070
    Fax: 0845 634 4071

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

open again for pre-order on ebuyer, but only 7 left so will be gone within the hour i'd expect, so hurry if you want one.

http://www.ebuyer.com/430446-proliant-microserver-turion-2-2-2gb-250gb-nhpl-sata-lff-in-704941-421

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

31 left an hour ago when I ordered. Estimated ship date 2-4 days.

Delighted with this as I nearly bought one last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

Only 5 left now :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

These are back in stock on ebuyer.com. Better hurry though, they only have 561 available for pre order :)
    I just ordered one and they say that they hope to have them in stock by June 10th, I assume that you cannot submit the claim form until you actually have the unit?
    Has anyone submitted the claim form by email recently or does it have to go in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Which claim form is used for these as the one for Ireland only seems to offer a €60 rebate as opposed to £100 in the UK?

I queried it and this is the response:

Hi

The promotion has recently changed and is now 120 Euros.

Kind Regards

Alison Birchwhite

The claim form says both 60 and 120. Lazy editing I'd say.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

My Proliant server arrived this morning. Could anyone tell me which claim form I should use? I presume there is some Irish one floating around?

Looks like they have updated it now. Says €120 on it now.

Euro form is here: www.hp.com/ie/essnpromotions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Folks,

I have a basic HTPC with audio to amp via coax and video to TV via HDMI. Sound/proximity to TV not an issue.

Was thinking of getting the Proliant server. To use as either using this as a basic HTPC or instead as a NAS plus getting a Raspberry Pi and running Raspbmc.

As a HTPC on it's own, what would I need to add?
    What card to give me sound and video?
    Extra ram bring it to 4GB.
    Does it come with any OS installed on it?

With RASBMC I assume, case/SD card, cables, usb hub, power supply

Thanks,
    MAJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have a basic HTPC with audio to amp via coax and video to TV via HDMI. Sound/proximity to TV not an issue.

Was thinking of getting the Proliant server. To use as either using this as a basic HTPC or instead as a NAS plus getting a Raspberry Pi and running Raspbmc.

As a HTPC on it's own, what would I need to add?
    What card to give me sound and video?
    Extra ram bring it to 4GB.
    Does it come with any OS installed on it?

With RASBMC I assume, case/SD card, cables, usb hub, power supply

Thanks,
    MAJJ

This link might be useful, though I'm sure there are better options available now.
    No OS, but I've tried Ubuntu, Mint and FreeNas though and no drivers issue with any of them.

I'm planning to run Plex Server on unRAID on mine. I may use Win8 Server as I might be able to get a copy cheap. For a client RasPlex is in beta (but useable on the 512MB boards), but you could use Raspbmc in the meantime as Plex Server is DNLA compliant.

I've ordered this card - cheap, low profile, HDMI out and fanless: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0036DD4CO/ref=pe_217191_31005151_M3T1_dp_1

I've seen other people say it fits so fingers crossed.

I've also ordered 8 Gigs of RAM - again, this is meant to work fine: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004G8KCGO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I've ordered this fan - the stock one is meant to be audible in a HTPC environment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0035ZWPR8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will see how it goes, but I may replace the PSU with a fanless PicoPSU to make it completely silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Does this work with Windows Server 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone managed to buy this from the UK and Parcel Motel and then get the £100 cash back? I see that HP Ireland are offering €120 cashback but only for units purchased in ROI.

I queried it with them last month and the reply said they would pay out euros or pounds depending on the claim form I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Just ordered one of these from Ebuyer, to be delivered using Parcel Motel. Will it fit okay in the PM lockers?

Yep. Mine arrived last night. Just fits in the bigger lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

stimpson wrote: »

Thanks... Wouldnt be a bad buy to use for a mess about and get used to 2012... Hmm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Edit: Never mind. Replied to an old post.

MarkJD wrote: »
    Thanks... Wouldnt be a bad buy to use for a mess about and get used to 2012... Hmm..

Just priced 2012 on amazon. Jesus Wept.

Windows Home Server 2011 might be the way to go if I can't get it on the cheap.

Anyone who paid for this and got it shipped to parcel motel:

How did you pay for the microserver on ebuyer. I have been trying for the last week to pay for it using Google wallet and my visa debit card but it keeps getting refused. I am trying to get it sent to my parcel motel but no joy. I also have a BOI Mastercard, would this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

johnybean wrote: »

How did you pay for the microserver on ebuyer. I have been trying for the last week to pay for it using Google wallet and my visa debit card but it keeps getting refused. I am trying to get it sent to my parcel motel but no joy. I also have a BOI Mastercard, would this work?
    I keep getting refused as well. I'm obviously being fairly thick. Any help would be appreciated.
    Tried to put invoice address of parcel motel, but didn't work
    It won't accept Irish address as invoice address.
    I'd appreciate a PM from anybody who's successfully ordered.
    cheers
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What about buying off Insight ,seems cheaper than Ebuyer and direct delivery to Ireland
    http://uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/servers/0001792065-00000001

I used my PM address on ebuyers site, chose Google Wallet payment (which is linked to my real address) and the order seems to have gone right through.

Use REP123 as your postcode for your invoice address:

123 Fake St
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    UK
    REP 123

Nforce wrote: »
    I used my PM address on ebuyers site, chose Google Wallet payment (which is linked to my real address) and the order seems to have gone right through.

Had you the Google wallet account already set up prior to placing the order? Everything seems to process fine for me until it gets to the Google wallet stage when the status stays at "pending" for 2 days and then gets cancelled. Getting a bit sick of it to be honest.
    If you already had Google wallet set up, what payment method are you using if don't mind me asking.

Had you the Google wallet account already set up prior to placing the order? Everything seems to process fine for me until it gets to the Google wallet stage when the status stays at "pending" for 2 days and then gets cancelled. Getting a bit sick of it to be honest.
    If you already had Google wallet set up, what payment method are you using if don't mind me asking.

I had that problem with PayPal. I ended up using my visa debit and it worked. It might be worth checking with your credit card company to see if they are declining the transaction for some reason.

• Advertisement

No..first time to use Google Wallet. I've my Visa card linked to it.

Advertisement