Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese earthquake / tsunami discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

gbee wrote: »
    I'd like an apology fro those who commented about us 'Being better experts than .." It's obvious we were.
    not being funny, but there was a huge amount of information that appeared to point to the contrary as well, at the end of the day you took one standpoint based on nothing more than a mental flip of a coin.

i'm sorry to break it to you, but you weren't right in this case because a few hours googling made you smarter than hundreds of the worlds nuclear physicists with decades of practical and theoretical experience in the field who were saying differently, all that happened was that you gained a very rudimentary understanding of a tiny fraction of nuclear physics concerning reactors and had a guess at a yes no question that just happened to be right, but all you were was lucky so please stop sounding so smug about it.

we've only just got rid of the last one of those after he pretty much destroyed the thread, it would be a shame to re-spoil the thread now with more of it.

personally, most of what i've said on the subject centres around the fact (which still hasn't changed) that nothing that could ever possibly go wrong (or has gone wrong) in fukushima will be anything more than an unfortunate industrial accident in comparison to the death and destruction wrought by the earthquake and tsunami that caused it.

maybe we can re-visit this thread in 40 years time and if fukushima has killed more than 28,000 people by that time and destroyed hundreds of miles of coastline, then i'll dust off my apology and give it to you then.

the biggest tragedy about fukushima (aside from it drawing the attention of the worlds media away from more important issues in japan at the time) is the billions it is going to cost to put it right that should be being used to rebuild the lives of the thousands of people who lost everything and everyone they loved on march 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

vibe666 wrote: »
    not being funny, but there was a huge amount of information that appeared to point to the contrary as well, at the end of the day you took one standpoint based on nothing more than a mental flip of a coin.

i'm sorry to break it to you, but you weren't right in this case because a few hours googling made you smarter than hundreds of the worlds nuclear physicists with decades of practical and theoretical experience in the field who were saying differently, all that happened was that you gained a very rudimentary understanding of a tiny fraction of nuclear physics concerning reactors and had a guess at a yes no question that just happened to be right, but all you were was lucky so please stop sounding so smug about it.

we've only just got rid of the last one of those after he pretty much destroyed the thread, it would be a shame to re-spoil the thread now with more of it.

personally, most of what i've said on the subject centres around the fact (which still hasn't changed) that nothing that could ever possibly go wrong (or has gone wrong) in fukushima will be anything more than an unfortunate industrial accident in comparison to the death and destruction wrought by the earthquake and tsunami that caused it.

maybe we can re-visit this thread in 40 years time and if fukushima has killed more than 28,000 people by that time and destroyed hundreds of miles of coastline, then i'll dust off my apology and give it to you then.

the biggest tragedy about fukushima (aside from it drawing the attention of the worlds media away from more important issues in japan at the time) is the billions it is going to cost to put it right that should be being used to rebuild the lives of the thousands of people who lost everything and everyone they loved on march 11th.

In fairness, Vibe, that's a pretty unhandsome way to admit that you were wrong, especially given the tone of a lot of your posts in this thread. You should read Overheal's post above yours. He wasn't half as smug and condescending as yourself and a couple of others on the pro-nuclear side and he has accepted he was at fault like a gentleman. As a neutral who has been trying to gain information from posters on both sides of the argument I would have to say, IMO, Rob A. Bank and Run to Da Hills suffered a lot more derision,condescension and namecalling from the pro-nuclear lobby than they deseved and refused for the most part to retaliate in kind. Just my opinion.

Back on thread, I asked very early on in this thread about the potential danger to Japan's marine eco-system; does anyone know what the situation is (best guess) with regards to this, given the most recent verifiable data?

I realise that the info we're getting is still very sketchy and one-sided and we should probably wait for the independent report, but even a rough scenario (from both sides) taking NISA's figures (which I assume are conservative) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Choco.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,840 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah in fairness he does make the point that there were two sides to the whole spiel, and different folks sided differently based on any number of reasons. I just sided with establishment myself, as I often do in fluid/chaotic situations, and tried to do good by what I could learn. People did offer opposing theories but yes in the end only some could be right. At the time though you couldn't have known for sure who that would be.
    Back on thread, I asked very early on in this thread about the potential danger to Japan's marine eco-system; does anyone know what the situation is (best guess) with regards to this, given the most recent verifiable data?

I realise that the info we're getting is still very sketchy and one-sided and we should probably wait for the independent report, but even a rough scenario (from both sides) taking NISA's figures (which I assume are conservative) would be greatly appreciated.
    I haven't looked at any figures, but it's going to be unfriendly. The radiation falls off dramatically away from shore, but along the coast, it's pretty bad. I only remember what I heard a month ago about the seaweed issue. It will probably tie into the whole ecosystem for a long while. Once it's in the plankton it pretty much gets into everything. How long though depends on when the reactors are contained, and the radiation is passed through enough biomass in the food chain to be absorbed and dissipated/rendered inert. Probably impossible to track though in that case as once it's in the food chain the sea current models wont reflect travel patterns of sea life. A migratory whale pod could be a concern if it's been eating up MOX-contaminated fish and moving on a few hundred miles. But that all depends on concentration levels doesnt it. How much damage can a single isotope do, practically?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah in fairness he does make the point that there were two sides to the whole spiel, and different folks sided differently based on any number of reasons. I just sided with establishment myself, as I often do in fluid/chaotic situations, and tried to do good by what I could learn. People did offer opposing theories but yes in the end only some could be right. At the time though you couldn't have known for sure who that would be. I haven't looked at any figures, but it's going to be unfriendly. The radiation falls off dramatically away from shore, but along the coast, it's pretty bad. I only remember what I heard a month ago about the seaweed issue. It will probably tie into the whole ecosystem for a long while. Once it's in the plankton it pretty much gets into everything. How long though depends on when the reactors are contained, and the radiation is passed through enough biomass in the food chain to be absorbed and dissipated/rendered inert. Probably impossible to track though in that case as once it's in the food chain the sea current models wont reflect travel patterns of sea life. A migratory whale pod could be a concern if it's been eating up MOX-contaminated fish and moving on a few hundred miles. But that all depends on concentration levels doesnt it. How much damage can a single isotope do, practically?

Cheers mate. I wasn't actually referring to who was wrong or who was right. There were a couple of posters on the "right" side who were equally as guilty of unfounded certainty, smugness and namecalling. Although there were far more "tinfoil hat" "scaremonger" "get an education" jibes, there were plenty of " Tepco apologist" " gullible sheeple" jibes too.

I'm just glad my woeful ignorance kept me out of the debate.:pac:

I just meant that I don't see any need for yourself or Andrew to apologise any more than I would have felt that Rob A. Bank would have owed anyone an apology had the whole thing turned out to be a storm in a teacup.

Anyway, back on thread.:(

Those poor people just can't seem to catch a fcuking break.:mad::(

The reason I was so worried at the start about the marine ecosystem (rather than the land) is because of the massive amount of fish the Japanese people consume. Their economy has already been hit with everything it can take. I just hope their reputation for "saving face" at all costs is exaggerated. If there is a major blow to their food supply/economy it will almost certainly impact on those who can least afford it. I just hope the Japanese government will handle it correctly and not let the least well-off suffer the most.

Anyway, fingers crossed. They're a very resilient people and hopefully the contamination won't be as bad as we fear and the ecosystem will heal itself in as short a space of time as is possible, with as little health risk as possible. Please keep posting if you come up with any new info.

Thanks again for all your posts (and indeed to everyone).

Choco

I just meant that I don't see any need for yourself or Andrew to apologise any more than I would have felt that Rob A. Bank would have owed anyone an apology had the whole thing turned out to be a storm in a teacup.
    the big difference being that if the shoe were on the other foot, that nobody on the pro-nuclear side of the fence would even have asked for an 'apology'.

this thread was almost totally derailed by someone doing almost exactly what gbee is trying to do, rub people's noses in it and it's totally uncalled for so i simply responded in kind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

the big difference being that if the shoe were on the other foot, .

I think it is a basic science issue. A little isotope says the reactor is in meltdown, TEPCO says that's wrong, and IMHO, too many posters supported TEPCO's version, too enthusiastically.

I think it is a basic science issue. A little isotope says the reactor is in meltdown, TEPCO says that's wrong, and IMHO, too many posters supported TEPCO's version, too enthusiastically.
    we're not just talking about tepco though, a large chunk (I'd estimate at least 50%, of not significantly more) of what would have been considered the more reliable experts that were wheeled in to comment in the media were saying the same thing, based on the information at hand at the time.

if it was so obvious that you were right, then why was it not totally obvious to EVERYONE with a background in nuclear physics that this was the case?

stating that your googling skills + a rudimentary knowledge of a small part of nuclear physics and taking a gamble to come to a particular conclusion that just happened to be correct when the majority of the experts on the subject and half the forum here were wrong somehow makes you smarter than everyone else is a fallacy.

unless you are an eminent nuclear physicist with access to all of tepco's private files, at the end of the day you guessed at a conclusion that suited your viewpoints just like the rest of us and you just happened to guess heads instead of tails.

if it was so obvious that you were right, then why was it not totally obvious to EVERYONE with a background in nuclear physics that this was the case?.

I have to assume they were told what to say.

and you just happened to guess heads instead of tails.

It wasn't a guess. By Monday morning after the accident a lot of media were saying the reactor was in meltdown. An avalaunch of denials and evidence supporting the opposite was released and these stories faded away, and anyone continuing to claim otherwise was dismissed.

I have to assume they were told what to say.
    yes, hundreds of independent eminently qualified observers all over the world were told what to say, and a few people on the internet were the only ones who knew the real truth because they googled it. that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:
    It wasn't a guess. By Monday morning after the accident a lot of media were saying the reactor was in meltdown. An avalaunch of denials and evidence supporting the opposite was released and these stories faded away, and anyone continuing to claim otherwise was dismissed.
    you must be thinking about some other nuclear incident because that's certainly not how fukushima played out in the mainstream media.

yes, there were plenty of crackpot conspiracy websites claiming that there was a nuclear meltdown, but those same sites are currently harping on about a secret military base on mars that someone just happened to stumble upon via google, and in the weeks and months before that they were talking about earthquakes and tsunami's being caused by secret military satellite weapons floating above us in orbit or how JFK was actually an alien. that one time in a blue moon of being right about 1 conspiracy theory out of a 1,000 doesn't in any way make something (or someone) a reliable source of information.

• Advertisement

yes, hundreds of independent eminently qualified observers all over the world were told what to say, and a few people on the internet were the only ones who knew the real truth because they googled it. that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

How about that, it would be unbelievable if it were not in fact true. We don't get cases as clearly defined as this one turned out to be.

I'll end with a quote from Gene Roddenberry's character of Scottie, "Yer can nah change the laws of physics, Jim!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

The Japanese government raises concerns that nuclear fuel has melted through the bottoms of the reactor pressure vessels.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-07/melted-fuel-at-fukushima-may-have-leaked-through-yomiuri-says.html

How about that, it would be unbelievable if it were not in fact true. We don't get cases as clearly defined as this one turned out to be.

I'll end with a quote from Gene Roddenberry's character of Scottie, "Yer can nah change the laws of physics, Jim!"
    ah yes, when logic and reason escape you, turn to star trek. :rolleyes:

it's funny though, you should have googled your quote, it's obsolete. :)

http://news.scotsman.com/world/Ye-cannae-change-laws-of.6780241.jp

looks like you have a little bit of a secret fan club now too 'thanking' your posts now that you are carrying the torch for the fundamentalist conspiratorialist gang.

ah yes, when logic and reason escape you, .

No, I think you've already claimed that prize for yourself. See, the simple facts are now KNOWN.

People who keep arguing when they've lost are often awarded this prize. I'm glad I added a second layer to my foil hat weeks ago.

I can supply you with instructions as to how you can make your own, but I'll have to charge you for the advice, gold only in advance, please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Between the smug arrogance of the pro-nuclear crowd and the "i told you so" glee of some of the anti-nuclear crowd, this thread has really degenerated.
    A pox on all your houses. :D:pac:

Extremely curious how this isn't in the news all the same.

No, I think you've already claimed that prize for yourself. See, the simple facts are now KNOWN.

People who keep arguing when they've lost are often awarded this prize. I'm glad I added a second layer to my foil hat weeks ago.

I can supply you with instructions as to how you can make your own, but I'll have to charge you for the advice, gold only in advance, please and thanks.
    i'll tell you what, i'll get you a badge that says "gbee is smarter than 1,000 nuclear physicists" and we'll call it even.

if nothing else you do make me laugh. :)

those physicists who were at the time saying otherwise were all going on the information available to them (the same information everyone else had at that time) and using the benefit of their decades of study, experience and intellect in the field that would make anyone on this board (regardless of whether they were right or wrong about fukushima) look about as smart as a small piece of fruit.

here it comes and feel free to print it out and frame it...

>>>>>>>>>>YES, you and Coles & Rob.A.Bank and run_to_da_hills etc. were all right in varying degrees about at least some of what happened at fukushima.<<<<<<<<<<

but it wasn't because you are smarter than all those eminently qualified people, it was simply because you had a choice of two paths to go down and you made a decision based on a bit of googling and you got lucky.

if you truly believe otherwise then i suggest you jack in whatever job you are currently doing and re-do your CV so it simply reads "i googled fukushima and i was right" and hand it in at a few nuclear power stations and tell them you're fully qualified to run the place and you'd like a job. maybe even show them the badge i'm going to make for you, i'm sure you'll make a killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

@vibe666. Why do you continue to disrupt this thread. You have no understanding of the issues involved and no interest in it. You have posted nothing of interest and you are determined to disrupt it.

Move on and stop ruining the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mr X11

Between the smug arrogance of the pro-nuclear crowd and the "i told you so" glee of some of the anti-nuclear crowd, this thread has really degenerated.
    A pox on all your houses. :D:pac:

Extremely curious how this isn't in the news all the same.

Simon Cowel or David Beckham is big news not a nuclear disaster that's the world we now live in.

Coles wrote: »
    @vibe666. Why do you continue to disrupt this thread. You have no understanding of the issues involved and no interest in it. You have posted nothing of interest and you are determined to disrupt it.

Move on and stop ruining the thread.
    ditto.

i've posted plenty in the thread thanks very much and unlike yourself i'm not banned from posting in it (yet).

oh, and bye bye Coles.
    While some of your points were interesting, you seem determined to derail this thread.

If you post on this thread again, you will be banned for a long time.

Fair warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Being banned from this thread isn't going to be much of a loss, but I would ask anyone who is concerned (or even just interested) in what is happening at Fukushima to continue to read up on it.

What as occurred at Fukushima is the greatest imaginable disaster for the Japanese people. It will be down played and ridiculed by idiots and fools, but the information is available.

There is a good thread being maintained on Politics.ie.

Good information available at Fairewinds.

Good information available at EneNews.

Anyone who thinks that you should choose the side of a debate by flicking a coin is a fool. Find the information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Coles banned. You were given more than enough warning.
    While some of your points were interesting, you seem determined to derail this thread.

If you post on this thread again, you will be banned for a long time.

Fair warning.

ditto.

i've posted plenty in the thread thanks very much and unlike yourself i'm not banned from posting in it (yet).

oh, and bye bye Coles.

Leave the Modding to the Mods please. Infracted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Worse than meltdown, government report says devastating 'melt-through' has occurred at Fukushima.

Senior political official Ichiro Ozawa suggested in an interview with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) that the Fukushima situation could make the entire country of Japan "unlivable."

http://www.naturalnews.com/032657_Fukushima_meltdown.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Anyone have a subscription to WSJ and able to maybe copy the text of the interview?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Anyone have a subscription to WSJ and able to maybe copy the text of the interview?
    excuse the tiny text, but it's a little on the large side. :)

you could magnify it (if your browser supports it) or copy/paste it into a word doc if you need to view it bigger.

EDIT: just changed the Q: parts into bold text to try and break it up a little to make it more readable.
    The following is a partial transcript from The Wall Street Journal Interview with Japan senior political figure Ichiro Ozawa, who is calling on Prime Minister Naoto Kan to step down. Ozawa is a long-time rival within the ruling Democratic Party of Japan and is facing charges of improprieties over his fund-raising organization.

Q: By and large, how would you assess the government's response to the earthquake and nuclear crisis?

A: It's been two months, actually 70 days, but the situation at the nuclear reactors is still out of control.

The Kan administration's handling of the situation has been extremely slow. Their understanding of the gravity of the radioactive contamination has been altogether too rosy, or rather they haven't understood it at all.

The administration hasn't taken the initiative in making decisions and executing policies. Decision-making equals taking responsibility. So if nobody is taking responsibility, nothing is being decided.

Q: Why didn't the Kan administration inform the public of the severity of the problems at the nuclear plants? Did they know?

A: Of course the administration knew.

Q: What could the government have done to prevent the flare-up in the nuclear crisis?

A: First of all, it makes no sense to point fingers at Tepco (plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co.), given the current situation. There are a lot of arguments going on, blaming TEPCO, blaming this person and that person. They are all meaningless. There is no point in blaming Tepco. I strongly believe the government must take the leadership and take the initiative in determining what to do. In reality, Tepco is no longer capable of doing anything. (By not facing reality) we are moving toward a tragedy, day by day.

Q: Prime Minister Kan set up a task force and has stationed government officials inside Tepco's offices so they can keep tabs on the company. Is that enough?

A: When Tepco knew what was happening at the nuclear plants, the government must have known it as well. As I said, they can't go on blaming others. The government must take responsibility and take the lead in coming up with solutions.

Q: If you had been in charge, would you have disclosed all the information about the meltdown in the initial stage?

A: Yes. I would have. There is no use in holding back information. We have to decide what to do, based on the premise of the information we have. This problem may be contained in Fukushima for now, but the contamination may spread outside of Fukushima. Anxiety and frustration are growing. People cannot live in the contaminated areas. These areas are becoming uninhabitable. Japan has lost its territory by that much. If we do nothing, even Tokyo could become off limits. There is a huge amount of uranium fuels in the plants, much more than in Chernobyl. This is a terrible situation. The government doesn't tell the truth and people live in a happy-go-lucky...

Q: Mr. Kan seems to have turned to many people for advice. What seems to be the problem?

A: It's not enough. Precisely, it's meaningless to put together a team made up exclusively of people who depend on nuclear power to make a living. All of them are members of the nuclear mafia. Did you see all those scholars saying "the crisis is not so terrible," "won't harm the health at all" on TV? What they say is meaningless because they depend on nuclear power for their livelihood. But people, and the Japanese media, don't understand it. The Japanese media is helpless.

Q: How far can Mr. Kan go before he should resign?

A: It's hard to say how long he should stay. He hasn't done anything. If we let him dilly-dally like this, we'll soon be facing a tragedy.

Q: Why do you think such an accident happened?

A: We need to depend on nuclear energy to a certain degree. But we need to bear in mind that this is a transitional source of energy, because we are not able to process high-level radioactive nuclear waste.

Q: Is your criticism that Mr. Kan has not been forthcoming about the condition of the accident, or that the administration was weak, allowing the situation to get out of hand? Do you think if the Kan administration were stronger, we could have contained the situation much earlier?

A: People are beginning to realize the DPJ-led government—the Kan administration in particular—is not living up to its promise. That is why the administration is losing the support of the people.

Q: Does taking responsibility mean that Mr. Kan should step down? If Mr. Kan refuses to step down, do you think legislators should submit a censure motion against him to force him to quit?

A: If the prime minister cannot implement policies, it's meaningless for him to stay in power.

Q: There have been discussions about possibly submitting a censure motion or a no-confidence vote to parliament. At a time of this national crisis, how do you think the public would view such a development?

A: In Japanese eyes, it's in hard times that we have to go out of our way to be nice to each other. That's why things don't work out. The Japanese media is responsible too. When we're in a time of peace, we can have any type of leader and we are fine. This is a difficult time, a time of crisis. That's why we need to choose a leader who can withstand the hardship and an administration that can endure it.

Japanese way of thinking is the opposite to that. People from continents don't think like that. As the Japanese have been taking peace for granted, we tend to avoid confrontation and try to get along with each other. But being friendly with each other won't solve any problems. We try to have harmless and inoffensive conversations to avoid confrontation. But if this was sufficient, there would be no need for politicians. We can just leave everything to bureaucrats.

Q: But do we have strong leaders to replace Mr. Kan?

A: There are plenty.

Q: Speaking of strong leaders, the public sees you as a forceful leader. Do you have any plans to lead?

A: I'm an old soldier. Have you heard of General MacArthur's words, "Old soldiers just fade away"? I was thinking about just fading away, but now I feel I have a bit more work to do.

Q: This will be a different topic, but what is the current situation and what do you plan to do about the allegations of the violation of the political funds law that you're facing?

A: There's no direction I'm planning to take, since I have done nothing wrong.

This is quite a danger to this country's democracy. That means that only those favored by the government or by the prosecutors can take part in politics. They can do anything they want. Anything can be done with such powers and it's really scary. You could face the danger of being arrested over your stories. That's what it is. You cannot allow such things to happen. If I really received any money illegally, I would have retired ages ago.

They conducted the investigation for over a year and they still haven't found anything. All they ever found was that I wrote the report in a wrong way.

Q: Reconstruction will require a lot of money and resources, and the Diet is currently debating the need for a second supplementary budget. What is the urgency and how large should this second reconstruction budget be? Where would funding come from?

A: That's another typical Japanese way of thought. No matter how much money it takes it must be done. With all that happening you can't live in Japan. Some day we may not be able to live in Japan. There is the possibility that the power plant can reach the state of criticality again. If it explodes, it's a huge matter. Radiation is being leaked in order to keep the reactors from exploding. So, in this sense, it's even worse than letting the power plant explode. Radiation is going to be flowing out for a long period of time. This is not a matter of money, but of life and death for the Japanese. If Japan cannot be saved, then the people of Japan are done for. We can always print money. Ultimately the people will have to bear the burden. Government must be determined to put a stop to radioactive pollution no matter what it takes, money or otherwise. The Japanese people must understand the situation. Bonds will have to be paid back, but if you can save lives with money, then so be it.

Q: Should Tepco be treated in the same manner that other failed businesses have been dealt with?

A: Tepco is not a big deal. The fate of a single private sector company is not the fundamental issue. Let's say Tepco really becomes bankrupt and you leave it as it is. Then it would become unable to distribute electricity and operate. That would be the biggest problem. Moreover, since they've issued five trillion yen worth of corporate bonds, the bond prices might plunge and have a huge impact on the public bond market. Also, they have borrowed trillions of yen from the banks and not being able to return the money would create trouble for the banks. Can this situation be dealt with? Not a problem. The point is to stop the radioactive contamination.

Q: You told us in our last talk that your goal was to crush the Liberal Democratic Party (the dominant party for most of the post-war period, now in opposition). With your criticism of the (now ruling) Democratic Party, do you think perhaps the LDP may be a better leader of government than the current DPJ?

A: I haven't looked at things in such way. It's just that the people are starting to see things in such a way. What was different between what actually happened and the political blueprint I had in mind was that I expected the DPJ to be more serious and almost brutally honest. I think that if they took the stance I was expecting them to take, the public would have continued to support them even if any given policy was delayed or altered. And as the DPJ continues down this road, I believe that the LDP, a very traditionally Japanese political party, is also necessary.

I was picturing a two-party system with the new LDP taking form, even though the LDP is currently virtually collapsed. But something went wrong with the DPJ and those who used to strongly support the party lost their faith in it.

For example, Kyocera's Mr. Inamori and Mr. Suzuki, the chairman of Suzuki Motors, heads of corporations with trillions of yen in revenues, have been supporting the DPJ. They're now outraged at the current state of the DPJ. They've even said the DPJ should be crushed and that the party should be rebuilt from scratch. The path the DPJ took in reality was different from the path I had in mind. Well, now that things have changed, I guess I have to deal according to the current circumstances. But my ultimate goals/vision hasn't changed despite the gap between the reality and the image I had in mind. I want to establish parliamentary democracy in Japan. This goal of mine has not changed at all.

Q: If a no confidence motion (against Prime Minister Kan) went before the Diet now, would you support that?

A: I am thinking about how to deal with that right now.

Q: How long do you think Prime Minister Kan will stay in office as prime minister?

A: He wants to stay in office as long as he can. That's the problem. That is what Kan regards as his top priority. That is why everyone is stuck.

Q: You say that you want to do some more political work, but what exactly do you want to do?

A: What I've been saying. I want to install a parliamentary democracy in Japan. This is something I am still trying to achieve. In reality what is happening is that the DPJ has lost the public's backing and the LDP is no longer the LDP it used to be. If this continues, the political scene of Japan will be a mess. So, I've decided to give my old bones a push to prevent such a scenario from taking place.

8,000 schoolchildren in Date City 60km from the Fukushima nuclear power plant are to have geiger counters strapped to their chests.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2011/0611/1224298735954.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

geiger counters strapped to their chests.

Im pretty sure theyre using film badges

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If that website is reliable, then we're all ****ing screwed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement