Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfairly closed my thread

Options
  • 03-03-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

:mad:I posted a link in a thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056180846)its new enough info on various different points regarding hdd/ssd load times & other facts regarding the ps3,the mod closed it almost straight away saying there was plenty of threads,which there is not as i searched before hand.
    After i contacted the Mod & asked did he even read the info in the link?as it not just a tutorial,as it involes different hdd/ssd load times & such.He said yes,which is clearly a lie as his reply states"I don't think an SSD requires its own thread"which if he read any of the info in the link(3 pages of it with pics)he would see very useful info that would save people money.
    I do not or will ever post wastfull threads & was hoping it would turn in to a usefull discusion on ps3 hdds & maybe people could post if they have had performence boosts for certain tec.
    Thank you for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As Games Cmod, I'll step in here.

A quick search would have found a large PS3 hard drive upgrade thread in the forum already. There are other hard drive upgrade threads there too, like here, here and here...

The mod was perfectly entitled to close the thread (especially since you just posted the link and a one liner to say it was helpful - hardly a solid basis for a discussion...)

On a side note, you created that thread over 2 weeks ago, it was locked an hour after posting, and you're only raising this now? I think that shows a slight lack of interest in your own thread.

Opening a 2 week old thread isn't going to serve anyone at this stage, but feel free to jump in on the existing hard drive discussion thread (the first link I posted above).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SeanDoe

First off those links are for upgrading the ps3 harddrive(thank you anyway),but i was hoping to get some info on after upgrades(Speeds,Loadtimes)that would be lost in an update thread.But yes sorry about the one liner post but i dont put info in the post when its already in the link,i was hoping for replys from people who can read more than 4 lines of a post.
    & since when is required that i check up on this forum regularly,as it is (ps3section)not very active,& i have other things to be doing.
    I still think it was closed a bit quickly.

Post upgrade is still related to the upgrade - the main upgrade thread was the right place to post.

Secondly, it's the moderator's prerogative to merge/close related discussions where he/she see's fit (there is nothing worse than 2 or 3 or 4 threads on the same subject).

Finally, the last post on that thread was December, so it wouldn't have been 'lost'.

I listed those threads above to prove a point (that there have been discussions about HD upgrades). Picking the oldest thread (a 4 year old one) and resurrecting it is just being antagonistic in my opinion.

Admins - this dispute is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 SeanDoe

So you heard my info to a different thread then close it??
    A want a proper admin to look at this,its a joke.
    You did not state that those threads were for example purposes!
    & i did search & the info in my link is different form those you linked.
    I find it LOL that you think i was been antagonistic,& since when does it matter on the web if a thread is old,it gets bumped,thats the idea of searching is it not?
    Again i would like a proper Admin to look at my case please:mad:

With all due respect, you're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

You haven't been banned or infracted (which is the main reason for 99.9% of disputes here) - you've just had 2 threads closed on you. The first because the moderator felt it was there were enough threads on the topic already, and the second because the thread was 4 years old (resurrecting a 4 year old thread on any internet community - not just this one - is considered bad forum etiquette).

I defer this to the admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

SeanDoe wrote: »
    Again i would like a proper Admin to look at my case please:mad:
    Well, that was happening, but then you continued on. So I waited.
    Anyway.
    I agree with this part of what Mr. stated
    You haven't been banned or infracted (which is the main reason for 99.9% of disputes here) - you've just had 2 threads closed on you. The first because the moderator felt it was there were enough threads on the topic already, and the second because the thread was 4 years old (resurrecting a 4 year old thread on any internet community - not just this one - is considered bad forum etiquette).
    Thats also my my opinion. I notice you joined in 2009, but only have a post count of 20 posts. I would chalk this one down to experience.
    This issue is resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement