Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 HardDrive Upgrade Formatting Issues

Options
  • 25-09-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

I have a 1TB external HDD i want to use to back up my PS3 40 GB HDD onto before install a new internal one. My problems are the following

1 - Windows auto formatted the external 1 TB to NTFS and i downloaded and saved to my desktop SwissKnife, when i click run on this it just does something for a second and then nothing, so all i can tell is SwissKnife is useless? I am on XP by the way

2 - I tried to format to FAT32 using command promps and it then told me the drive is too big to format this way

Is there any way i can format this external HDD in order to use it to back up PS3 40 GB HDD? I really dont want to have to start from scratch with COD MW2 and Fallout 3.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Give Easeus a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Partition the drive making a small partition in FAT and copy the ps3 stuff to that??

What ya reckon

Edit. Just copy yer save game data to a USB drive?? They are small files located in the game column on the XMB
    Pop a pen dive into ps3 select the relative file and copy it to pen drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Cheers lads,

I have another programme im trying first fat32formatter and seems to work so far, il keep fingers crossed.

I have 8GB flash drive and lastnight i tried to just copy the game saves as its all i need, but it wouldnt give me the option to copy on each save, just have information about the saves

Hummm maybe it's changed. There is options on the game select icon on XMB and also the save data folder at the top of that column,have you tried both? The USB is FAT ya??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Mxm4IfE7c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Example of how it's done. This is an older firmware though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Thanks for the replies, il watch the youtube maybe i missed something simple! hopefully this other method works too.

Switching drives was easy, this part is painful to format!

Thanks again

Advertisement