Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade harddrive

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this would be any use to upgrade my harddrive
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=378960
    thanks

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That would be perfect for your PS3.

Just be VERY careful when taking out the screws, I wrung one of mine, but was able to get it out with a pliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

F1ngers wrote: »
    That would be perfect for your PS3.

Just be VERY careful when taking out the screws, I wrung one of mine, but was able to get it out with a pliers.

+1. Those screws are so incredibly tight and easy to sheer, pliers are your best option... or use a garden clippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭finno

thanks i gonna buy it so

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

finno wrote: »
    thanks i gonna buy it so

This is a bit cheaper: (its the one I upgraded to) http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1443933/art/samsung/spinpoint-hm500li-m6-2-5.html#tech-specs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

+1 for screws, should be a sticky for this !

If your butter screws do get fecked then i had to use a hacksaw to make a flathead screwdriver work !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

After reading about Western Digital releasing a 1TB 2.5" drive, does anyone know if there's a limit on the amount of space a PS3 will address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

I dont think there is a size limit (cant find anything about it on google). But the 1tb WD that is only being released now is going to be pretty expensive when it's first out. Get yourself a 500GB or 750GB. Thats loads.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

nedd wrote: »
    I dont think there is a size limit (cant find anything about it on google). But the 1tb WD that is only being released now is going to be pretty expensive when it's first out. Get yourself a 500GB or 750GB. Thats loads.
    Bigger problem might be the fact the 1TB WD drive is 12.5mm thick, compared to standard 9.5mm. It might not slot into the PS3 properly.

Link

Advertisement