Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Cavan GAA Discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Cian Keaney looks a bit light at this level but was very impressive when he came on. Conor Smith, like a lot of the Killygarry team, only got into it in the second half.

Their kicks out in the first half were poor. Landing it out on top of Daniel Walsh and he wasn’t winning it.

The Gaels had looked impressive first half but looked equally as ordinary in the second.

No points from 2 games leaves them with an uphill battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭rrs

The Gaels did look decent in the first half. Padraig Sexton showed well at centre forward. But killygarry didn't play with much intensity. Maybe if was knockout would have been different. You could win the Tyrone championship in 4 games, takes 4 games to reach quarter final in Cavan.

Ray Galligan gone off for Lacken. Shoulder injury and looks in considerable pain. Huge blow for Lacken.

edit: apparently a temp sub now.

I see Barry Watters has transferred back to Drung. Playing in Louth the past few years with Dundalk Gaels. Paul Smith the ex Castlerahan player plays with Geraldines in Louth.

Knockbride scored 7-17 against Kildallon. Knockbride are good with lots of underage talent. Playing in Division 1 next year . But that is some hammering and no benefit to either team.

• Advertisement

Knockbride are strong alright but they need to get out of Junior. They’ve been there far too long with the calibre of player they’ve developed - sure they have been competing in minor Div 1 finals.

Young Fionan Brady from Gowna did a fine job on Shane Tierney down in Kilnaleck just now. It’s lucky for Ray Galligan I picked him out when he’s reading this thread.

The mighty Lough gave Laragh a bit of hope for all of ten minutes last night and then went into second gear to trounce them. Still plenty to go yet.

Post edited by Cavan_King on

Intermediate is fairly competitive. Killenkere beating Cuchullains today. Cuchullains in 10th place going into the final round,in danger of not making the quarter finals.

Cuchulainns play a very boring brand of football. A lot of men behind the ball and a slow transition. They’ve a young team and seem to have peaked in the League.

I’d expect them to beat the Reds but they’ll get nothing there easily either.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭mylestheslasher

Not sure if he has room for another selector on his panel😂

Eamonn Murray was watching his home club yesterday so they well watched from within the selectors anyway!

• Advertisement

Liam McHale left the Mayo setup as he felt they should play a different style. Hopefully all the Cavan management are in sync.

Anyone else attend any games over the weekend then?

Senior championship hasn't been great. A few one sided games. Castlerahan a good bit off from the team of 18 and 19. A few teams going through the motions. Maybe they will lift it in final 2 rounds.

I don't think the co board sticking games at 5 pm on Sunday does anything. Just putting games in Breffni for the sake of itm

Gowna & Crosserlough are ahead of the pack. There’s a group behind of Kingscourt, Ramor, Killygarry and possibly the Gaels but after that the standard is very poor.

It’ll be between Rahan, Lavey, Ballinagh & probably Lacken for relegation.

The winners of the games this weekend are easy to pick unfortunately.

There was a game at 7 last night in Breffni and there is most Sundays.

Yes but the Junior game at 5 wouldn't have got many neutrals. Mountnugent and Swad. Why have them teams waiting around most of the day when they could play it elsewhere at 2.

The Senior games would get a following

I didn’t even know there was a junior game so you’re right there. The standard of some of the senior games is poor. I can only imagine what it’s like as you go down the grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭celt262

Scoring Difference is not been used in the Junior Championship this year apparently if teams are level on points after the group stages.

It will go to head to head if the teams have played each other does anyone know what happens if there are three teams level on points?

It also looks like Knockbride and Arva will have to play off to see who is 1st and 2nd in the group provided they win there last games.

Has anyone seen what has been sent to the clubs from the County board in relation to this ?

Was discussed this week on the podcast. Apparently if two clubs are on the same points, they can opt not to have a play off and a different system will be used - going on juvenile comps, that might be toss of a coin.

It shows that none of the club delegates at the County Board meetings are reading what’s being put in front of them.

Laragh Vs the Gaels is being billed as the big tie of the round tonight but I think the Gaels will win it comfortably, even without McKiernan.

The Laragh lads seem to be happy enough just winning the odd game at this level and hanging on to their senior status.

Donegal accepting pay at the gate at their club championship games. Leitrim were doing it last year and I think Longford. Meath LGFA also doing it

It should be the way in all counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭mogue77

I think you can still pay in at Leitrim club games, ours should be still this way, it’s not fair on older people that haven’t the phones.

Even if you could tap the bank card it would be easier there are not many who don't have bank cards.

It should be catered for both card and cash.

Ulster Rugby are playing a pre-season game in Breffni Saturday the 7th of October the pitch could be in bits for the club finals the following week if there is a wet spell around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭mylestheslasher

I assume something to do with Kingspan. Could they not find another rugby pitch to dig up

If you go to the right man at Breffni or any ground, you can pay into any game.

I ventured up to Mullagh this evening and my problem was not a bit of coverage and I had forgot to download the ticket to Clubspot. I could get the receipt email open though and they accepted it.

Ramor looked fairly ordinary. Barkey & Cole both went off injured. No sign of McCrystal that did well last week. They did what they had to though in fairness.

Lavey will do well to avoid relegation. Their important players are aging. A few Ramor people I spoke to mentioned Mullahoran are the worst senior team they have seen in a good few years without Killian Brady though.

They should just make it official like other counties,instead of a nudge and wink..

I just walk up to the entrance, say I didn’t manage to get a ticket and hand them the entrance fee. Usually they’ll either take it or say “go to *****, he’s handling the cash”.

Not sure too many on here would need to worry about it other than the pair of us. Doesn’t seem to be alot of other posters attending club games or watching them from the lack of comments.

I see the Junior has ended up in a right mess. Teams back out on Wednesday in playoffs.

• Advertisement

That's some about of matches before even reaching the quarter finals. I suppose replays are included in the play offs aswell and not extra time?

Advertisement