Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Sheen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Oh my God...a live tour :confused:

Just watched all of his videos on "Sheens Korner" on youtube.

Speechless.

When he's not to aware of himself and being calculating, he comes out with some mad ****, but can't imagine how he intends to transfer that to a stage. The fact that it's not contrived is what made it funny, scripting that in anyway misses the the point.

I thought he would have went the reality show way myself, would have made some sense at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

OutlawPete wrote: »
    When he's not to aware of himself and being calculating, he comes out with some mad ****, but can't imagine how he intends to transfer that to a stage. The fact that it's not contrived is what made it funny, scripting that in anyway misses the the point.

I thought he would have went the reality show way myself, would have made some sense at least.

He will probably throw out alot of his poems on tour....the sale of that book is gonna be good.

In this video he is clean mental and clearly drinking God knows whaaaaaaat as he keeps hiding it and drinking it off screen like he can't even do without the drink for 10 mins ...make that a few mins

In this one it seems a lot more scripted and clear. He is definitely reading it all off one of those teleprompters or whatever news folks read. But by god ya wouldn't wanna annoy him. The start makes no sense really I'd need to listen to it again. Think the last person he lays into in this is that Chuck Lorre. But not entirely sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Sky are reporting that his house is being searched for firearms. Charlie tweeted " the LAPD were AWESOME. Absolute pros! they can protect and serve this Warlock anytime!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Eever

Anybody else think it's possible he's doing a much more successful version of what Jaoquin Phoenix attempted to do? He's just so dedicated that he's decided to actually do all the drugs and such that come with his new role as Tiger Blood promoter??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Eever

exactly.

cough it up, else i remain with the view he is doin a poor man's joachim phoenix, which was never particularly convincing in itself. but 'unhinged' celebrity, that will keep him relevant for sure

Sorry, just went back and read the thread now (hadn't actually read any of it before posting above). If that is what he's doing I have no idea how you can say he's doing "a poor man's" version of it. If this is all acting that he's clearly doing a far better job than Phoenix who noone believed from the start and got barely any publicity from it. I really hope that's what he's doing, his history makes it highly unlikely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Eever wrote: »
    Sorry, just went back and read the thread now (hadn't actually read any of it before posting above). If that is what he's doing I have no idea how you can say he's doing "a poor man's" version of it. If this is all acting that he's clearly doing a far better job than Phoenix who noone believed from the start and got barely any publicity from it. I really hope that's what he's doing, his history makes it highly unlikely though.

Plus he is a teeeeeerrrrrible actor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Guy is making so much money off this. Jelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Eever wrote: »
    Anybody else think it's possible he's doing a much more successful version of what Jaoquin Phoenix attempted to do? He's just so dedicated that he's decided to actually do all the drugs and such that come with his new role as Tiger Blood promoter??

no way, he's now managed to get his stupid self fired, and is about to lose custody of even more of his kids. imo that's why he's settling down a bit now and seeming less strung out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    It's never ending!!
    It's WINNING!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

In all honesty we know sheen is a bit mad but he makes some valid points

1) when asked in the interview about the drug addiction and he says ' i blinked my eyes and it was gone' - I do honestly believe this is the solution to most minor mental problems like addiction, depression, eating disorders, phobias etc...

2) Sheen is a very smart man , and I think this publicity will probably get him a lot more work in the future, as his career is dying down its a great way to get him back earning

3) He makes no fake apologies or regrets about the epic party lifestyle he had , doesnt try to say its a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

In all honesty we know sheen is a bit mad but he makes some valid points

1) when asked in the interview about the drug addiction and he says ' i blinked my eyes and it was gone' - I do honestly believe this is the solution to most minor mental problems like addiction, depression, eating disorders, phobias etc...

2) Sheen is a very smart man , and I think this publicity will probably get him a lot more work in the future, as his career is dying down its a great way to get him back earning

3) He makes no fake apologies or regrets about the epic party lifestyle he had , doesnt try to say its a bad thing

But his career was fine, he was the star of the most popular sitcom in the U.S and earning about 2m per episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

But his career was fine, he was the star of the most popular sitcom in the U.S and earning about 2m per episode.

that was the most popular sitcom in the US ? jaysus , theyre dumber than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

Mr. Sheen shines umpteen things clean

long as they've got coke on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Charlie Sheen stole my Atari Jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hotmama

he's giving up everything for drugs, sad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You guys know that every time 2.5 Men gets shown, Sheen gets paid right? I'd say it's a decent amount too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

hotmama wrote: »
    he's giving up everything for drugs, sad

He's passed a drugs test so he's not high, he's just mental. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    He's passed a drugs test so he's not high, he's just mental. :)

I don't think they screen for 'Charlie Sheen.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't think they screen for 'Charlie Sheen.'

Nobody can screen for Charlie Sheen. If you detect it you'll die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

could you continue to watch past this brief introduction?

i was once proud of my manhood. but now, see 0:33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

1. "I got tiger blood, man. My brain...fires in a way that is - I don't know, maybe not from this particular terrestrial realm."
    2. "I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
    3. “I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special. I’m tired of pretending like I’m not bitchin’, a total freakin’ rock star from Mars.”
    4. "I'm bi-winning. I win here and I win there. Now what? If I'm bi-polar, aren't there moments where a guy like crashes in the corner like, 'Oh my God, it's all my mom's fault!' Shut up! Shut up! Stop! Move forward."
    5. I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time — and this includes naps — I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground."
    6. "Women are not to be hit, they're to be hugged and caressed."
    7. "It's a polygamy story...All my guy friends are gonna like throw tomatoes at me. It's like an organic union of the hearts."
    8. "That's how I roll. And if it's too gnarly for people, then buh-bye."
    9. "I probably took more drugs than anyone could survive. I was banging seven-gram rocks, because that's how I roll. I have one speed, I have one gear: Go."
    10. "Blame the studio for giving me this much dough knowing who they were giving it to."

This is from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8359242/Top-10-Charlie-Sheen-quotes.html

For the above reasons, I support giving him unfettered media access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

He's like a kid in a coke and whores shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

or threatened with beheading, eye gouging, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

1. "I got tiger blood, man. My brain...fires in a way that is - I don't know, maybe not from this particular terrestrial realm."
    2. "I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
    3. “I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special. I’m tired of pretending like I’m not bitchin’, a total freakin’ rock star from Mars.”
    4. "I'm bi-winning. I win here and I win there. Now what? If I'm bi-polar, aren't there moments where a guy like crashes in the corner like, 'Oh my God, it's all my mom's fault!' Shut up! Shut up! Stop! Move forward."
    5. I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time — and this includes naps — I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground."
    7. "It's a polygamy story...All my guy friends are gonna like throw tomatoes at me. It's like an organic union of the hearts."
    8. "That's how I roll. And if it's too gnarly for people, then buh-bye."
    9. "I probably took more drugs than anyone could survive. I was banging seven-gram rocks, because that's how I roll. I have one speed, I have one gear: Go."
    10. "Blame the studio for giving me this much dough knowing who they were giving it to."

This is from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8359242/Top-10-Charlie-Sheen-quotes.html

For the above reasons, I support giving him unfettered media access.

They left out one of the best ones.
    The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger and Richards look like droopy-eyed, armless children

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hotmama

well u can't say he's not interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I honestly think this is another joaquin phoenix stunt. Remember he was having a so called meltdown?

This is all too surreal to be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

He bought his dot com back from a cybersquatter:

http://charliesheen.com/

Selling t-shirts now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You have obviously never encountered real addictions or depression. Don't get fooled by people who are basically feeling a bit sorry for themselves, real depression cannot be cured by blinking your eyes. It is not a "minor mental problem". Saying so is ridiculous.

Advertisement