Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Sheen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

i don't like these selfish "addictive personality' types, all they do is seek out pleasure much to the detriment of those around em. selfish yet not selfish enough to care for emselves lack of common sense or the perils of the trait, or just attracted to keeping up appearances as a loose cannon, its all a bit daft.

Haim was most certainly not cut out for the fame game, he became a lost boy for real as seen in the shadow of Corey Feldman who from what i saw can most certainly deal with it.

It's a bit more than addictive personality though...these are addictive substances they are taking in bucket loads.

The majority of them on it are destructive like this for reasons they all flippin need therapists decent ones at that. Plus the one thing alot are lacking is will power or any incentive to do it.

Drugs are like water in that world! Is it true that doctors over there get paid for each prescription they hand out so that's how some folks get such easy access to prescription drugs and end up addicted?

With Haim he hadn't yet really reached his full potential\ he was just getting a chance too. Jaysus he was still so young! Don't even get me started on Brad Renfro :(
    Charlie on the other hand has plenty films under his belt and a massive TV show now,couple of kids and few wives. And good few comebacks from dodgy scenarios with hookers and drugs.

Maybe he thinks he will always be able to make a comeback?
    The amount of drugs over the years and even now will definitely be messing up his brain. Alcohol alone is bad enough to mess your head nevermind adding in the serious cocktails of drugs he has taken.

He may be having the time of his life while off his face who wouldn't! But he has to go through the comedowns and I'd say they must be some pretty dark times for him :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Domo230 wrote: »
    Last time I checked I am entitled to think a show millions of people watch and enjoy is funny.
    You dont like it... tough s***

Never said you weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

So you have no proof, just your wild guesses at his mental health? Have you personally diagnosed him and are his psychologist?

Why do you think he was in rehab? Because they have nice beds? Or maybe it is because he has mental issues that manifest themselves in addictive, destructive and dangerous behaviour? It is not conjecture, it is on the public record that he has been in rehab numerous times. You don't end up in rehab for no reason. You don't get admitted to hospital after a week long bender and be perfectly OK. You don't get arrested for putting a knife to your wifes neck and be perfectly OK.

Saying things like "Have you personally diagnosed him" is pointless. Surely being admitted to rehab numerous times is proof of a mental issue? Surely the unending shít that is coming out of his mouth is proof of mental issues?Recording of Two and a Half Men has been suspended several times due to his issues. I don't have to trawl the internet to find links (links that you will probably ignore) to prove this. It should be common knowledge. I will give one link though, and that is to the criminal complaint provided after his attack on his wife. Anybody that is involved in an incident like that has to have their mental health called into question.

http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/CharlieSheenComplaint.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

He's living the dream.What a hero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I see his real name is Carlos Estevez. So Emilio kept his name, and Martin and Charlie took the same stage name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I see his real name is Carlos Estevez. So Emilio kept his name, and Martin and Charlie took the same stage name?

Correct. Martin adopted the surname of Catholic Archbishop Fulton J Sheen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Great show, and he is a legend of a man.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Why do you think he was in rehab? Because they have nice beds? Or maybe it is because he has mental issues that manifest themselves in addictive, destructive and dangerous behaviour? It is not conjecture, it is on the public record that he has been in rehab numerous times. You don't end up in rehab for no reason. You don't get admitted to hospital after a week long bender and be perfectly OK. You don't get arrested for putting a knife to your wifes neck and be perfectly OK.

Saying things like "Have you personally diagnosed him" is pointless. Surely being admitted to rehab numerous times is proof of a mental issue? Surely the unending shít that is coming out of his mouth is proof of mental issues?Recording of Two and a Half Men has been suspended several times due to his issues. I don't have to trawl the internet to find links (links that you will probably ignore) to prove this. It should be common knowledge. I will give one link though, and that is to the criminal complaint provided after his attack on his wife. Anybody that is involved in an incident like that has to have their mental health called into question.

http://images.eonline.com/static/news/pdf/CharlieSheenComplaint.pdf

Again, do you have proof he is "mentally falling apart"? Posting about things we all know doesn't change it. A mental issue can mean many things, doesn't mean he's "mentally falling apart".

Oh your link didn't say he admitted to it. I can be charged with treason but I could be innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

oh come on. he shot his first wife by accident, after which she left him.

he threatened his next wife and then she left him too.

then he threatened the most recent one and you're sayign maybe he didn't? sure there's a chance he didn't but that chance is extremely slim.

i'm not sure why anyone would doubt her claim. look at what he's been saying in interviews. he enjoys threatening and bullying.

• Advertisement

oh come on. he shot his first wife by accident, after which she left him.

he threatened his next wife and then she left him too.

then he threatened the most recent one and you're sayign maybe he didn't? sure there's a chance he didn't but that chance is extremely slim.

i'm not sure why anyone would doubt her claim. look at what he's been saying in interviews. he enjoys threatening and bullying.

I'm not saying he didn't do it. I'm just saying the link I was given didn't have anything with him admitting it or a judge finding him guilty.

Again, do you have proof he is "mentally falling apart"? Posting about things we all know doesn't change it. A mental issue can mean many things, doesn't mean he's "mentally falling apart".

Oh your link didn't say he admitted to it. I can be charged with treason but I could be innocent.

How exactly do you define mentally falling apart? Do we have to engage in a pointless dispute over semantics? He is having mental issues.

Seemingly if we listen to you, attacking your wife with a knife ("allegedly"), engaging in an 18 month bender thus losing your multi-million dollar job, physically falling apart (look at his weight loss, his saggy neck and clearly ill face) and making increasingly bizarre public statements are not indicative of losing the plot.

He is clearly troubled. It is beyond ridiculous to argue otherwise. Producing quotes from the deluded man himself will not change that.

How exactly do you define mentally falling apart? Do we have to engage in a pointless dispute over semantics? He is having mental issues.

Seemingly if we listen to you, attacking your wife with a knife ("allegedly"), engaging in an 18 month bender thus losing your multi-million dollar job, physically falling apart (look at his weight loss, his saggy neck and clearly ill face) and making increasingly bizarre public statements are not indicative of losing the plot.

He is clearly troubled. It is beyond ridiculous to argue otherwise. Producing quotes from the deluded man himself will not change that.

Again, post proof or you're just spouting your opinion as fact.

Again, post proof or you're just spouting your opinion as fact.

You have already agreed they are things we all know. Why exactly do I have to post proof Charlie Sheen went to rehab? I know he has, you know he has. Everybody knows he has.

You also ignored my question.

You have already agreed they are things we all know. Why exactly do I have to post proof Charlie Sheen went to rehab? I know he has, you know he has. Everybody knows he has.

You also ignored my question.

Interesting, you now claim that the debate is about something else. You cannot post proof, your opinion is just that, an opinion. Despite your attempts to make it appear as fact, it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Everyone in the world loves him did anyone see the banana on the news yesterday talking to him eating a muffin :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Prostitutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

How can you not like watching a car crash as it happens ?

I love every single second of his drug induced, egotistical, mental breakdown as it unfolds before me.

God bless you Charlie. This is better than any television or film that you have ever done ....without the adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BLVD

I like him too, bad publicity id good publicity. I never saw myself watching the likes of Two and a half men, my comedies were always the likes of Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, The Office, but I started watching Two and a half men and quite like it. The man is suffering from addiction also, and I know all about this being a recovering alcoholic myself...it is an extremely hard life and a million more times worse when you are in the public eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Don't know the fella. Seems like a bit of craic though. Wonder if he'll go to my debs with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

He says funny things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

He's bi-winning :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Carlos Estevez RAWKS

Seriously if I had that much money, thats how I'd spend my days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

coke and hookers.
    the man is god.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

you can tell he's livin the dream by the situations vacant look in his eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Prostitutes

.... and drug dealers of course. Tho not for the next couple of weeks or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

charlie sheen is a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

He's hitting that Olson bird.

Like him? No.

Jealous? Yes.

I've seen her "act". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

Most of the **** that comes out of the guys mouth just annoys me. He's trying so hard to impress and fails miserably to either shock me or make me laugh.

Although I would like to party with him and Kerry Katona sometime.

Advertisement