Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Sheen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

His Alex jones interview was pretty shocking tbh, didn't think he was that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Two and a half men is ridiculously unfunny.

The show's basic concept:
    Charlie is a womanising drunk/ his brother is a loser/ the kid is fat and stupid. The women are bimbos/sluts.

How is this show popular??

Sex and the City is four ugly inept women riding Men.

Both have a large audience that like that ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Two and a half men is ridiculously unfunny.

The show's basic concept:
    Charlie is a womanising drunk/ his brother is a loser/ the kid is fat and stupid. The women are bimbos/sluts.

How is this show popular??

The basic concept of The Simpsons: Homer is a drunk, Marge is at her wits end, Bart is stupid, Lisa is a know-it-all and Maggie is a baby, how is it so popular?

Simple, people like it, you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

haven't some of you guys an episode of entourage to catch up with? i believe its just started. Sky atlantic, home of HBO.. as if enough domestic channels worldwide werent already dedicated to american drivel :o

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Sex and the City is four ugly inept women riding Men.

Both have a large audience that like that ****e.

I don't watch sex and the city, but Two and a Half Men annoys me beacuse they don't even attempt character development, or any kind of development. Its just the same ****e jokes drawn out over too many seasons.

And as for the Simpsons thing, at least they attempt some complex story lines and developed meaningful relationships (in the earlier seasons anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

The basic concept of The Simpsons: Homer is a drunk, Marge is at her wits end, Bart is stupid, Lisa is a know-it-all and Maggie is a baby, how is it so popular?

Simple people like it, you don't.

FYP

had to! :p

what i've learned from this thread: if you only terrorize the woman you're with and don't actually beat her up, that means you can still be looked up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

haven't some of you guys an episode of entourage to catch up with? i believe its just started. Sky atlantic, home of HBO.. as if enough domestic channels worldwide werent already dedicated to american drivel :o

Wait, hold on, are you talking about a new season (8)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

'Best put kekkle on. Corrie's on next.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

He is living the dream in fairness.

I honestly can't fathom how people say this and mean it! He's middle-aged, divorced and had his kids taken away because he's an abusive bully. He's off his head more often than not on some combination of booze and cocaine and he's losing a bit more of whatever shred of sanity he has each day. His seems an utterly miserable, lonely existence, and yet he is somehow labeled a "God among men" and is "living the dream." Jesus wept.

For the record, I don't give a flying **** about Charlie Sheen, and I have watched Two and a Half Men and got a few giggles from it, but the near awe and worshiping of a clearly mentally unstable and imbalanced man is staggering. Sheer lunacy :confused:

I don't watch sex and the city, but Two and a Half Men annoys me beacuse they don't even attempt character development, or any kind of development. Its just the same ****e jokes drawn out over too many seasons.

And as for the Simpsons thing, at least they attempt some complex story lines and developed meaningful relationships (in the earlier seasons anyway)

Instead of the complex issues of how far one man (Alan) can go to to get some kind of approval from the opposite sex after pretty much been left a broken shell of a man after both Judith and Kandi left him, as well as his abuse by his mother??

Or why Charlie has to sleep with many women because of his complex issues from his years of abuse by his mother?

Or how despite (this was a fairly early season) the fact that a gang of pretty hot bikini-clad girls got the attention of both Alan and Charlie, they still decided to get Jake back from their mother so he wouldn't be harmed by her vileness?

Or how despite being a sour-face, sarcastic, bitter woman, Bertha was actually exicted to see Alan and her daughter togother?

Yeah, I can't see the complex or meaningful things at all. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

liah wrote: »
    Wait, hold on, are you talking about a new season (8)?

i think its season 7. fúcking woeful show, they're all so 'busy' in a career wonderland

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Poor oul Charlie, the last quality he produced was back in the Eighties with Wall Street and Platoon. Still, at least he's a rich waster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I honestly can't fathom how people say this and mean it! He's middle-aged, divorced and had his kids taken away because he's an abusive bully. He's off his head more often than not on some combination of booze and cocaine and he's losing a bit more of whatever shred of sanity he has each day. His seems an utterly miserable, lonely existence, and yet he is somehow labeled a "God among men" and is "living the dream." Jesus wept.

For the record, I don't give a flying **** about Charlie Sheen, and I have watched Two and a Half Men and got a few giggles from it, but the near awe and worshiping of a clearly mentally unstable and imbalanced man is staggering. Sheer lunacy :confused:

+1 If living the dream means having to pay women to spend the night with me, I'll stick with living reality.

He is such a waster. He had a genuine chance to have a great career and he has spent his life pissing away opportunities, yet somehow always landing on his feet. It looks like it has caught up with him now. He looks dreadfully unhealthy in his latest interviews. The sad thing Charlie may actually deluded enough to think he is living the dream.

And Charlie...talk about the perfect name.

+1 If living the dream means having to pay women to spend the night with me, I'll stick with living reality.

He is such a waster. He had a genuine chance to have a great career and he has spent his life pissing away opportunities, yet somehow always landing on his feet. It looks like it has caught up with him now. He looks dreadfully unhealthy in his latest interviews. The sad thing Charlie may actually deluded enough to think he is living the dream.

Does he have a care in the world? He doesn't, so to a lot of people that is the dream.

i had a dream, but it wasn't the dream.

in fact 'the' dream always seemed more of a feckin nightmare, but then there's so many conflicting opinions on what the dream definitively is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I have to say been following this story very closely the last while and listened to all the crazy interviews etc, thinking there is no way he is clean and sober. Then I watched this and although he still seems bonkers he definitely seemed more coherant (and they mention he was clean on a drugs test). I am sure his brain is fairly fried but he does seem to be sober while doing all this.

Does he have a care in the world? He doesn't, so to a lot of people that is the dream.

I imagine he actually has a lot of things to care about. His life, career and health seems to be crumbling around him. He is mentally falling apart in front of the world.

I imagine he actually has a lot of things to care about. His life, career and health seems to be crumbling around him. He is mentally falling apart in front of the world.

Give me a link that proves he is "mentally falling apart" otherwise, you're just spouting out your opinion as fact. I honestly could be wrong and you could easily whip up a link but I don't see it happening.

Give me a link that proves he is "mentally falling apart"

exactly.

cough it up, else i remain with the view he is doin a poor man's joachim phoenix, which was never particularly convincing in itself. but 'unhinged' celebrity, that will keep him relevant for sure

exactly.

cough it up, else i remain with the view he is doin a poor man's joachim phoenix, which was never particularly convincing in itself. but 'unhinged' celebrity, that will keep him relevant for sure

I think it's more of a "celebs are constantly watched for embarrassing photos, videos, etc2 and he just said "to Hell with it, I'm going on a bender". Alright, sure he might not be "normal". But in some cultures killing a man for looking at you the wrong way is normal. So is giving your life savings to a cult. It doesn't matter what we call normal. What matters is how he sees life. If he thinks his life is good then what right do you or anyone else have to rip his happiness apart? Because he's not living life how you would like?

Oh, Metallitroll, wasn't saying "you" as in you, but more of a general "you", if you get me. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Just watching the interview he did with Jeff Rossen at home, you could see the dollar signs in the eyes of the two skanks with him.
    How on earth he'd want that one near his kids i don't know.
    Thank god they were taken off him.
    Whole thing is just sad.

Give me a link that proves he is "mentally falling apart" otherwise, you're just spouting out your opinion as fact. I honestly could be wrong and you could easily whip up a link but I don't see it happening.

Are you serious? It is not like controversy has started because he turned up to work a bit tipsy. His life has been a car crash for the last 18 months. I think constant court appearances, attacking his wife, drink and drug abuse are signs of being mentally unstable.

I think it's more of a "celebs are constantly watched for embarrassing photos, videos, etc2 and he just said "to Hell with it, I'm going on a bender". Alright, sure he might not be "normal". But in some cultures killing a man for looking at you the wrong way is normal. So is giving your life savings to a cult. It doesn't matter what we call normal. What matters is how he sees life. If he thinks his life is good then what right do you or anyone else have to rip his happiness apart? Because he's not living life how you would like?

Oh, Metallitroll, wasn't saying "you" as in you, but more of a general "you", if you get me. :o

i don't fúcking know, i just know i am allergic to stuporstars, n that boy is in a phukin stupor most of the time. whats he done, good? cos all i see is a face comin out the swamp, a badass james dean wannabe alongside sissy spacek, it turns out to be his old man. 'wild thing' in that movie years ago? that was in the script they contributed to the ego he adopted. it's a product

Are you serious? It is not like controversy has started because he turned up to work a bit tipsy. His life has been a car crash for the last 18 months. I think constant court appearances, attacking his wife, drink and drug abuse are signs of being mentally unstable.

So you have no proof, just your wild guesses at his mental health? Have you personally diagnosed him and are his psychologist?

well one thing you can count on is i'll be back again to troll this bum some, i mean how can you be so washed up yet seem lost on the current,
    but it seems like i've bn on here all night, my head hurts, so good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

cos all i see is a face comin out the swamp, a badass james dean wannabe alongside sissy spacek, it turns out to be his old man. 'wild thing' in that movie years ago? that was in the script they contributed to the ego he adopted. it's a product
    Are you high? Because you sound like Charlie Sheen.

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Are you high? Because you sound like Charlie Sheen.

well imagine it in a thick dublin brogue then. not so charlie sheen.. just weary. weary of celebrity offspring!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

i never suggested any of martin's projects were farces, like father/unlike son! other than the looks department of course.. emilio is not up to much, still plying a career in the industry daddy gave him a leg up in. i'm sure he'll make a great director.. ya never know!

Oh I missed the "dis" part of dislike. Oops!

Though there are countless people in the industry only through family members or being connected to someone high up.

Hell I didn't even know Emilio was Martins son and Charlies brother until like I was a teenager due to their different surname :o

Young Guns cemented my love for them both (plus Kiefer being in it).
    Seen an ad with Martin and Emilio talking about some new project they are workin on....they seem alot closer for many years now more so than Charlie is to them?

I guess the mental partying lifestyle and constant sex does seem appealing only problem I have is that he is going to miss out on his kids lives. He had a second chance with the twins. He does always make a comeback though....was delighted to see him in Two and Half Men after all his previous madness.

But he has an addiction problem that's for sure and I'd hate to see him end up like Corey Haim (or any of the other actors in similar situations over the years)....getting his life back on track and then letting the addiction take over for one last time and killing him.

i don't like these selfish "addictive personality' types, all they do is seek out pleasure much to the detriment of those around em. selfish yet not selfish enough to care for emselves lack of common sense or the perils of the trait, or just attracted to keeping up appearances as a loose cannon, its all a bit daft.

Haim was most certainly not cut out for the fame game, he became a lost boy for real as seen in the shadow of Corey Feldman who from what i saw can most certainly deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's a shit show and he's an absolute tool.

Advertisement