Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar cut off artist's fingers...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

woodoo wrote: »
    And she is not covered by the HSE to get her prostetic fingers.

But, but Mr Brian Rattigan of Gangland/Murder fame is getting his scar on his lip fixed because of low self esteem issues. He got transported from prison to the hospital by the guards and the army and all paid for by the state.... vomit :mad:

This woman could get herself fixed up if she went out and committed a crime that got her put in jail.

Then the system would be falling over itself to sort her out with prosthetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

woodoo wrote: »
    And she is not covered by the HSE to get her prostetic fingers.

But, but Mr Brian Rattigan of Gangland/Murder fame is getting his scar on his lip fixed because of low self esteem issues. He got transported from prison to the hospital by the guards and the army and all paid for by the state.... vomit :mad:

This woman could get herself fixed up if she went out and committed a crime that got her put in jail.

Then the system would be falling over itself to sort her out with prosthetics.
    She won't get treatment because she's a foreign national, something you lot normally fall over yourselves to praise.

Leftist wrote: »
    Home invasion. Torture tactics. He got (ridiculously only) 4 years for the same thing in 98, proving he is and can be a repeat offender.

Ireland is from top to bottom an incompetant joke.
    ... of which you're a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dudess wrote: »
    She won't get treatment because she's a foreign national, something you lot normally fall over yourselves to praise.

True, as unfair as it seems.

At least she has the goodwill of others raising the funds for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Oh are you offended by my remark?

• Advertisement

Oh are you offended by my remark?
    I just can see the irony of "wah wah, I'm gonna bitch and moan about the Irish even though I'm Irish and even though I'm doing **** all about the problem myself".

I just can see the irony of "wah wah, I'm gonna bitch and moan about the Irish even though I'm Irish and even though I'm doing **** all about the problem myself".
    Irony?

jesus christ.

what age are you? seriously? just don't want to be too harsh if you're a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

theres a bank account set-up for her, its in the star, I have the number here if any are interested, I'm going to donate a couple of quid this month to her, maybe again next month.

Irony?

jesus christ.

what age are you? seriously? just don't want to be too harsh if you're a kid.
    Explain to me how it's not ironic.

i·ro·ny
    The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Sad to see.

Regardless of your struggle with basic definitions, you are obviously upset that someone has suggested our country is unsophisticated and poorly run with an electorate base that is simple, reactionary and plain stupid.
    Of course, there are exceptions, but you are not one judging by your three posts on here, one of which actually suggests foreigners are overfavoured.
    she's a foreign national, something you lot normally fall over yourselves to praise

• Advertisement

i·ro·ny
    The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Sad to see.

Regardless of your struggle with basic definitions, you are obviously upset that someone has suggested our country is unsophisticated and poorly run with an electorate base that is simple, reactionary and plain stupid.
    Of course, there are exceptions, but you are not one judging by your three posts on here, one of which actually suggests foreigners are overfavoured.
    she's a foreign national, something you lot normally fall over yourselves to praise
    Nope and nope - all wrong. And you're being presumptuous and personally abusive too - go you.
    Firstly it most certainly is ironic when a member of a particular group bitches about that group being complacent... and being complacent themselves. Staggeringly lacking in self awareness too.
    There is of course nothing wrong with acknowledging the faults of this country - of which there are a considerable few - but maybe be constructive about it instead of doing nothing, insulting four million people and coming across as arrogant enough to believe you're an exception? Plenty aren't the type of people you refer to - plenty.
    And my point regarding this poor girl's nationality - you misunderstand. The "hang 'em high" brigade complaining about her not being entitled to treatment are the very same people who'd be bitching on another thread about "de foreigners" getting medical treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

JJJJNR, could you post that number here or pm please?

Nope and nope - all wrong. And you're being presumptuous and personally abusive too - go you.
    Firstly it most certainly is ironic when a member of a particular group bitches about that group being complacent... and being complacent themselves. Staggeringly lacking in self awareness too.
    There is of course nothing wrong with acknowledging the faults of this country - of which there are a considerable few - but maybe be constructive about it instead of doing nothing, insulting four million people and coming across as arrogant enough to believe you're an exception? Plenty aren't the type of people you refer to - plenty.
    And my point regarding this poor girl's nationality - you misunderstand. The "hang 'em high" brigade complaining about her not being entitled to treatment are the very same people who'd be bitching on another thread about "de foreigners" getting medical treatment.
    Nobody mentioned complacency dudess. So it's not ironic.
    I said incompetant.
    The nation is incompetant. From politicians to upper management, to judicial systems. From top to bottom. An incompetant shower of sure it'll be grands. Our country is covered with scars of poor management from property development to hospitals pumped full of money that is missing or mis-spent.
    The only tram system in the state has two lines that don't even link.
    And the fact that people who complain about it are shouted down by morons who don't want to hear about it, is the main reason ireland is what it is.
    When charlie mcCreavey called people who suggested we curb inflation, he called them pinkos. When that scumbag ahern was our leader, he said people who wanted to see better control of our finances should kill themselves. People like you told the people who speak up, to shut up.
    Idiots are the curse of the country.

JJJJNR, could you post that number here or pm please?

PM'd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

And who exactly is "you lot"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...something you lot normally fall over yourselves to praise.
    Christ Dudess you're in great form these past few days. It's only the internet.

Nobody mentioned complacency dudess. So it's not ironic.
    I said incompetant.
    The nation is incompetant. From politicians to upper management, to judicial systems. From top to bottom. An incompetant shower of sure it'll be grands. Our country is covered with scars of poor management from property development to hospitals pumped full of money that is missing or mis-spent.
    The only tram system in the state has two lines that don't even link.
    And the fact that people who complain about it are shouted down by morons who don't want to hear about it, is the main reason ireland is what it is.
    When charlie mcCreavey called people who suggested we curb inflation, he called them pinkos. When that scumbag ahern was our leader, he said people who wanted to see better control of our finances should kill themselves. People like you told the people who speak up, to shut up.
    Idiots are the curse of the country.
    Fair enough - at least you're being more specific than "the Irish". I fully agree with your assessment of certain elements of this population.
    But your use of "people like you" to me is missing my point. Au contraire, I highly approve of protests, of people actually doing something - rather than bitching on the internet and somehow having the notion that they're any better than the people they bitch about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

what is this thread about again? :confused:

Dudess.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How when people get out after four years for stabbing you, you don't seek revenge, me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No way :eek:

Just seeing this now. I actually met this girl.

She was on Westmoreland Street in a distressed state and from a distance I just thought she was the usual homeless begger and so almost ignored her. Then as I passed she looked so heartbroken and I stopped to see what she was going to say and she told me that her fingers were cut and that she was an artist. It has to be the same girl. I had feck all money but gave her €5 anyway. I remember then she was saying that the hospital wouldn't treat her and initially I thought she was taken the piss and the bandage was fake. I actually said to her 'of course the hospital will treat you'. From what I recall she said to me she wanted to go home to her country and was trying to get money for a ticket. Maybe it's just a coincidence, was around two years back.

Stumbled across this, hope things are a lot better now for this girl.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/auction-raises-63000-for-artist-who-lost-fingers-26796450.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Zombie's should stay buried.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement