Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We'll build your PC for you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Limerick area here. Gimme a PM if you need me to help out. Can do full builds or just software installation. Turnaround time is gonna be 24-48 hours.

have built over 10 pc's and serviced upwards of 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Anyone willing to do this in South Kildare? I might not need any help but I'm just wondering incase I have trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

i'm in south wicklow if thats any help to ya?
    i'm unable to travel tho

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

i'm in south wicklow if thats any help to ya?
    i'm unable to travel tho

Hmm, not too sure mate. I'm right on the border but Arklow is still a 45 minute drive for me. I'm want to try building it myself first and then if I get stuck, I'll look for help instead of potentially damaging my machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Anyone around Clondalkin/Tallaght/Walkinstown area? I'm on the luas red line and would love to find out how to build it but wouldn't like to try it alone on my first go!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Anyone around Clondalkin/Tallaght/Walkinstown area? I'm on the luas red line and would love to find out how to build it but wouldn't like to try it alone on my first go!

I'm happy to pop out to help you :) I'm in the CC so getting the luas is no problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dundalk or Navan.

Pm if you need any help or advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ATMAddict

Naas, Kildare and surrounding areas.
    Plenty of experience.

PM me for contact details

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

right lads here is my situation, I recently reinastalled windows on my 2005 Dell Dimension 5000, and its running very slow and when I try to watch videos on youtube etc it lags bad. So I have 2 options

1. Get help to try and fix up the computer, extra ram, new processor maybe etc

2. Dump the dell and opt for a new build

I have limited knowledge of computers so I would either need a lot of help or need somebody to do it for me

Would be using the PC for watching youtube and streaming sites, Itunes (around 60gb on it) think this is one of the main culprits that slow down my computer at the moment, word processing, wouldnt be doing any gaming at all

cheers PM me if you think you could help, im located in Dublin but can travel if necessary

thegift06 wrote: »
    right lads here is my situation, I recently reinastalled windows on my 2005 Dell Dimension 5000, and its running very slow and when I try to watch videos on youtube etc it lags bad. So I have 2 options

1. Get help to try and fix up the computer, extra ram, new processor maybe etc

2. Dump the dell and opt for a new build

I have limited knowledge of computers so I would either need a lot of help or need somebody to do it for me

Would be using the PC for watching youtube and streaming sites, Itunes (around 60gb on it) think this is one of the main culprits that slow down my computer at the moment, word processing, wouldnt be doing any gaming at all

cheers PM me if you think you could help, im located in Dublin but can travel if necessary
    Did you install the correct video drivers after reinstalling? If not then that might explain why YouTube is lagging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

yeh have the cds from the original, installed them - didnt work, reinstalled them - didnt work again, reinstalled them again - still lag. Thanks for the advise though

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ATMAddict

thegift06 wrote: »
    yeh have the cds from the original, installed them - didnt work, reinstalled them - didnt work again, reinstalled them again - still lag. Thanks for the advise though

Sounds like video drivers, have u downloaded the latest driver from the manufacturer's website?

Rob

Anyone around South Dublin? Clondalkin/Walkinstown/Drimnagh/Tallaght area?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

South-side area, Rathfarnham, Rathmines, Terenure, Rathgar, Nutgrove, Dundrum etc.
    Been building PC`s since mid-late nineties, if anyone needs a hand give me a shout.

Anyone around South Dublin? Clondalkin/Walkinstown/Drimnagh/Tallaght area?

If you're near the red LUAS line I could pop out to you. I'm based in the city centre.

deconduo wrote: »
    If you're near the red LUAS line I could pop out to you. I'm based in the city centre.

Oops, seems I double posted this. That's fantastic, I'm a ten minute walk away from the Red Cow stop :) I'll PM you when I've got the parts together and that to see if it still suits. Thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

• Registered Users Posts: 53,860 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone in the Munster region confident enough of installing water cooling system ?

Shop if possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've done a fair bit of WC stuff, but I'm in Maynooth unfortunately. Doubt it is, but I figured I'd post just in case it's of any help.

This thread doesn't get enough love.

Bump :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

Agreed fantastic idea

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Should this be a sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

you are really damn bored at night, eh? :)

go to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nah, I think being bored would be going through the whole thread and gathering the names of everyone using IrishMetalHead's suggested layout

Location|Username|Page #|Post #
    Arklow, Co. Wicklow|IrishMetalhead|1|1
    Stillorgan, co. Dublin|Simona1986|1|2
    Artane, Dublin|smokiebeverage|1|4
    Southside Dublin|Unregistered.|1|7
    Limerick University area|Tea_Bag|1|10
    Dublin 8/City Center|Deconduo|1|11
    waterford city/county + tipperary south area (conmel, cashel, tipp town etc)|RoyalMarine|1|12
    Clontarf|Spear|1|13
    Rathgar|Youcancallmeal|1|14
    Fairview, Dublin|Karsini|2|17
    Ratoath|seraphimvc|2|18
    Maynooth, Kildare. Occassionally Rathfarnham, Dublin 16|Serephucus|2|19
    cork city|Indough|2|21
    Athlone/Roscommon/Longford area|cherryghost|2|22
    Lucan/Tallaght|jamescd|2|23
    Mayo/Sligo|bandit197|2|24
    Dublin 13/5|allen175|2|26
    North Central Dublin/City Centre|Dublin_Gunner|2|29
    Newcastle, Co. Dublin|VenomIreland|3|41
    leixlip|Mmmm_Lemony|3|45
    Blanchardstown|jeffk|4|49
    Limerick|Limericks|5|62
    Dundalk or Navan|Vicxas|5|68
    Naas, Kildare and surrounding areas|ATMAddict|5|69
    South-side area, Rathfarnham, Rathmines, Terenure, Rathgar, Nutgrove, Dundrum|Greyfoot|5|75
    Dun Laoghaire|justryan|6|86
    NI & Donegal|fasttalkerchat|6|87

Of course I didn't sort them. :) But figured I'd give something back to this board at least.

Maybe stick it in the first post? After a wee tidy up.

Right, best get back to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Can build here Dun Laoghaire area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Can build Desktops or upgrade laptops in NI & Donegal area.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,860 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv finally made up my mind to get water cooling sytem in for my computer

Does anyone in the munster region have experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Where are the lads around Swords

Might need help, upgrading nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

what a shame i was supose to be in swords this weekend but can't now thanks to the lack of funds =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Craig B

I'm getting a PC in August sometime (saving more money for a great GPU) and just wondering if anyone would put it together in the sallins/straffon area. Would do it myself but not 100% confident. Also they'd ave to install windows on a SSD, any takers? Just wondering if its worth the hassle for 20 quid and about 2 days shipping.

Advertisement