Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We'll build your PC for you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

thnaks for the advice gunner when i get the chance i'll list all the areas covered with there username next to it
    but i'm gonna give it some time first beings that we're only on the 3rd page now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^ totally support what you said there DGunner. maybe we can do a fixed posting format from now on so OP can easily do an update in the main thread:

(something like this?)
    Name: seraphimvc
    Note: feel free to PM me if you need a hand :)

exactly what i had in mind

I'll be starting the list tomorrow if I get the chance and I'm just going to edit it onto the first post so I can just keep updating it.

I'm going to write it down in the following method:
    Location - Username - Page # - Post #

Sound good to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

And have them grouped by county i assume?
    Once again, great idea for a thread man.

• Advertisement

i'm going to have the list alphabetize alphabetize by count yes then followed by town.

Plus it was your idea mate and I really appreciate the intput

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

i'm going to have the list alphabetize alphabetize by count yes then followed by town.

Plus it was your idea mate and I really appreciate the intput

Great!

This will be a great resource for people wishing to avail of purchasing parts for FAR cheaper than a whole rig, but don't have the know-how to build it.

As I'm sure a lot of people do, I usually throw down a few nuggets of info while I'm fixing / repairing peoples machines.

Maybe this thread will spawn a whole host of rookie builders, learning from the more experienced of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

sure buildin is half the fun loike.

it sure is but unfortunatly alot of people don't know how to do it nor they have the confidence to do it either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Newcastle, Co. Dublin.

I've only built 2 PC's from the ground up (I have dissasembled and remade several more though) but I'll help spec or put together a PC for anyone in my local area and I don't expect anything but a thanks in return for it (but if you do want to give me a tenner or so I will happily oblige ;))

EDIT2: Oh yeah, I'm too young to drive, so any parts to be assembled would have to be dropped up

• Advertisement

too young to drive?
    damn venom your alot younger then i expected you to be

How old did you think I was?

anywhere from 17 to late 20's tbh
    i guess i shouldn't be steroyping young lads anymore XD

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Once again, thanks for your help in the budget gaming thread, and I'm here to return the favour.
    Anyone in the leixlip area needs a hand with a build, Software installs etc. they can PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

Want to say a huge thank you to smokiebeverage who very kindly put my build together yesterday evening, really hope it wasn't too much of an imposition smokie.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Hedman wrote: »
    Want to say a huge thank you to smokiebeverage who very kindly put my build together yesterday evening, really hope it wasn't too much of an imposition smokie.

Thank you.

My pleasure Hedman, anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

Big thanks to Irishmetalhead who built my Pc for me yesterday. He also had a spare copy of Windows 7 which he very kindly gave me.
    Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I’m in Blanchardstown and I drive. At the minute I’ve built one pc for my brother and soon to be building another one for myself.

I done a year in IT and customer care last year and at the moment im in Coláiste Ide doing Pc maintenance progression.We have a hardware essentials class, where we practised building and breaking down machines. For the exams we had to build a Pc and write up a manual on how to do it.

Oh and of course, if there's driving well then the petrol money is needed and after that I wouldn't be looking for money, not unless it gets into like hours of work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any builders in/near Kildare?
    Might try build myself, would be nice to have someone to run to if i hit trouble :p

Dcully wrote: »
    Any builders in/near Kildare?
    Might try build myself, would be nice to have someone to run to if i hit trouble :p

Where in Kildare are you? I'm on the Dublin/Kildare border so I might be able to help (but I won't be able to drive down)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'm in Maynooth, though I can't drive, so you'd have to come to me / pick me up, unless you're close enough that I could walk or get the train or something..

On second thought, I'm busy this week and most of next, so the best I can do is help out here on the forums :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers lads, ill most likely order gear this weekend and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Patcherson

just bumping this thread.
    It deserves a sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just to say a big thanks to IrishMetalhead who did a great build for me.

Excellent work. A gentleman for giving up his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Anyone around Cork willing to give me a hand? I wouldn't be handing it over for all the work to be done by you, I'm actually looking forward to putting it together, but would be nice to have someone who knows what their doing around in case anything goes wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bump..... This thread has been dead to long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Arthur.

Might be worth giving this a go.

Up until 2 years ago I used to teach A+, N+, Server+, CCNA and Data Recovery with Encase. Have being using Linux/Unix for about 9 or 10 years now, though not qualified in the slightest unfortunately. Again, Id be very handy with VMWare but no qualifications Im afraid.

Providing I have the time, Im willing to help anyone with any problems they have (even ECDL stuff). But please, genuine people only, Im not going to do your college assignments for you.

Im based in Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Is there anyone in the Cavan or Monaghan area that could help me build mine when I decide to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

pepper180 wrote: »
    Is there anyone in the Cavan or Monaghan area that could help me build mine when I decide to get it?

Why not build it yourself Pepper?

Its not hard, very easy infact.You will learn something and it will be a good experience, loads of guides on the internet if you need pointers and someone here will help you out if your stuck on something.

http://elitepcbuilding.com/how-to-build-a-computer

If I can build a pc anyone can:D

Advertisement