Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭miss_aisling

OMG I love badminton and I quite like table tennis (not very good though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert1782_

Cool, if you fancy a game sometimes I'm looking for a few partners. I used to play badminton regularly quite a while ago, so I'm not great myself, but looking to get fit and improve.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Cool, if you fancy a game sometimes I'm looking for a few partners. I used to play badminton regularly quite a while ago, so I'm not great myself, but looking to get fit and improve.

Hey mate, theres a table tennis club in Ballybane weekly, one of the guys in work runs it. Ill get the details for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Wil Tierney

Hey mate, theres a table tennis club in Ballybane weekly, one of the guys in work runs it. Ill get the details for you.

Details this way too please.

Popped him off an email today, hopefully have word for you tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert1782_

cheers man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Just a reminder about the after hours beers in o'connells tonight at 8 - all welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭miss_aisling

Popped him off an email today, hopefully have word for you tomorrow.
    Hey could you give me the info on the table tennis too? Moving down soon and want to know if its still going!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Celubrious Shenanigans

Hi All,

My names Brendan and Im moving to Galway in about 2 weeks. I'm looking for any weekly events or sessions to make a couple of friends or just to have a bit of craic. Im in no way shy or ever lost for words but Im moving down there on my own to get my first proper job in I.T. so Im being forced to grow up and get up early...blah de blah de blah.

Im 24, really into music, play guitar, was doing a good bit of djing until I got this job offer, have a full setup for gigs but Im unsure if I'll have any time for those "fun" activities anymore!haha!I enjoy a laugh and a bit of criac so if anyone has any suggestions of where to hang out (and not come across as a creep) it would really be appreciated and help me settle in a little.

Thanks,

Brendan
    (Hopefully this didnt sound like too much of a lonely heart ad!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... I'm looking for any weekly events or sessions to make a couple of friends or just to have a bit of craic. ....Im 24, really into music, play guitar, was doing a good bit of djing until I got this job offer, have a full setup for gigs

Galway is really just one enormous party, with some of us having to go to work around the edges of it (I'm on leave today, hence the 10:30am posting!) You'll fit right in.

Tell us what style of music are you in to, and we can suggest some likely places to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Galway is really just one enormous party, with some of us having to go to work around the edges of it

Great way to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Hi All,

My names Brendan and Im moving to Galway in about 2 weeks. I'm looking for any weekly events or sessions to make a couple of friends or just to have a bit of craic. Im in no way shy or ever lost for words but Im moving down there on my own to get my first proper job in I.T. so Im being forced to grow up and get up early...blah de blah de blah.

Im 24, really into music, play guitar, was doing a good bit of djing until I got this job offer, have a full setup for gigs but Im unsure if I'll have any time for those "fun" activities anymore!haha!I enjoy a laugh and a bit of criac so if anyone has any suggestions of where to hang out (and not come across as a creep) it would really be appreciated and help me settle in a little.

Thanks,

Brendan
    (Hopefully this didnt sound like too much of a lonely heart ad!)

Would highly recommend Open Mic at the Roisin every Sunday night - great way to meet people and after 2 weeks you'll see the same faces crop up. Great fun too, for the entertainer and the entertainees!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

So any craic on this front?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Hubs and I obtained some new board games but we often lack players. We were thinking of arranging some meetups somewhere in Galway. Thinking The Oslo because they have large tables. Any interest?

Starting up a monthly pub quiz in the Skeff from next month. Free entry/finger food/rolling jackpot. Boardsies, assemble.

Dutchess wrote: »
    Hubs and I obtained some new board games but we often lack players. We were thinking of arranging some meetups somewhere in Galway. Thinking The Oslo because they have large tables. Any interest?
    There is a board games meet already I think
    https://www.facebook.com/BoardGamesGalway
    Not sure how active they are or if they're the same crowd as
    http://091labs.com/tag/board-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I would be up for some pubquizzing!
    Biko: aye, it is one and the same and we have gone to it. It is always on the same night though and we're looking for a more informal "every now and then when it suits people" kind of setup, maybe enjoy a drink or two in the process :-) I'm hoping there is room for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Dutchess wrote: »
    I would be up for some pubquizzing!
    Biko: aye, it is one and the same and we have gone to it. It is always on the same night though and we're looking for a more informal "every now and then when it suits people" kind of setup, maybe enjoy a drink or two in the process :-) I'm hoping there is room for both.
    Sounds absolutely awesome! I would love to get in on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Hello guys!

I live in Galway, and would like to meet some new people. Is there any gathering any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Like a beers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 BelgradeGirl

Yes, i do. Any ideas? :)

Any update on this pub quiz craic?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hello guys!

I live in Galway, and would like to meet some new people. Is there any gathering any time soon?
    Larianne wrote: »
    Like a beers?

Yeah, hopefully we'll get a pre xmas beers going in the next week or two, there'll be no poll for this one, just a date, time and location. Will post back here when there's time to organise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

wprathead wrote: »
    Any update on this pub quiz craic?

There's a comedy Quiz night on upstairs in Kelly's tomorrow night:

Galway City She Devils – Galway’s Roller Derby Team - are bringing laughs to Galway this Thursday in aid of The Galway Rape Crisis Centre. Their Comedy Quiz Night will take place this Thursday the 7th of November in Kelly’s Bar, and will be hosted by local comedian Stephen Bennett, who performed as part of the Bulmer’s Galway Comedy Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe. The night will combine the comedy quiz with stand-up between rounds, lots of fantastic raffle prizes and live music from the Rye afterwards. Come along for craic and ceoil, to support the She Devils and The Galway Rape Crisis Centre or take the grand prize! Entry is €20 per table or €5 each and registration kicks off at 7pm and the quiz begins at 8pm!

Saw that alright but im going to Dublin tomorrow to see Bo Burnham so will miss it unfort - say be a great night

Yeah, hopefully we'll get a pre xmas beers going in the next week or two, there'll be no poll for this one, just a date, time and location. Will post back here when there's time to organise it.
    Bierzelt‎, bierzelt‎, bierzelt‎!

I was going to start a thread for a beers during the first week of the Christmas market. We did it last year and a few of us did it the years before so it's something of a tradition and one that needs to live on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Having not entered the bierzelt before..is there anything other than beer sold there? for you know...the non beer drinkers of the city? and I mean alcoholic dont hit me with water or soft drinks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I was going to start a thread for a beers during the first week of the Christmas market. We did it last year and a few of us did it the years before so it's something of a tradition and one that needs to live on

We'll make that one the Xmas beers :D

• Advertisement

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Having not entered the bierzelt before..is there anything other than beer sold there? for you know...the non beer drinkers of the city? and I mean alcoholic dont hit me with water or soft drinks
    Just beer and wine afaik, as well as glühwein.

Advertisement