Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Alice it is so lovely to see you again, assuming you are to be doing your moon dance when the weather gets a tad warmer. I will be thinking of you and your brother with great fondness xxx

Brens It is not over til the fat lady sings hon, and I am starving her to a twiglet. Well done on your getting so far so quickly XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

Brenz, delighted to hear you are well. No evidence of disease - that is wonderful.

Thank you all for your kind words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I think we should all join together for a quick Hallelujah Chorus.......altogether now..

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!
    HAH-LAYYYYY-LOOOOOOO-YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I think we should all join together for a quick Hallelujah Chorus.......altogether now..

If Mr. Handel was alive today, I'm sure he would prefer accompaniment on my new-found best buddy. It's tuned to the key of G (extra-wide) - like this: BRRRANG - so, this time, all together, Handel's Messiah, Hallelujah Chorus, for ukulele......

Who let that pesky Tiny Tim in? Oh no! Here comes George Formby! Hide!

I'm leaning on the lamp post
    at the corner of the street
    in case a certain little lady passes by
    Oh me.....Oh my, I hope th..

is it 'passes by', or 'comes by'? I can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I'm leaning on the lamp post
    at the corner of the street
    in case a certain little lady passes by
    Oh me.....Oh my, I hope th..

is it 'passes by', or 'comes by'? I can't remember.

If yizzar easily bored, ignore the following:

Did you know.........that George Formby's instrument is actually a banjolele? During his early career, the microphones were so weak and biased that the gut strings on a normal ukulele didn't produce enough volume to be recorded correctly. The banjolele has metal strings and are "louder" and more easily recorded.

Despite becoming (thanks to chemo) the greatest ukulele player in the world, hampered only by my modesty, I haven't come within an asses roar of the playing skill of George Formby. He may not have been the greatest singer or actor but his right hand was exceptionally good, some say "never equalled!"

Another wonderful musician who concealed his skill under a veil of comedy was Chico Marx of the Marx Brothers. As a kid, I was spellbound watching his antics on a piano keyboard.

And let's not forget Victor Borge. And......and......Les Dawson!

Compare the thousands and thousands of hours practice required to be a passable, amateur musician to the few minutes required to be an instant singing sensation on X-Factah! Innih?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

In fairness to the young hopefuls, they practice more than just a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The sun shone today!! Did everyone make the most of it? I was out all day in the garden and now I am beyond banjaxed, but it was gorgeous. The garden has been sadly neglected the last couple of summers, having had a lot of work done on it the year before that again, then stuff happened and the garden was ignored. So a bit of assistance has been rounded up and he works and I potter, and progress is being made. Yay.

Tell you what though, I can work away, but when it comes to lifting something, or doing anything that needs a bit of muscle I am flippin useless! When did that happen? Anyway, today was bright and blue and lovely, lets have some more of it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It was lovely alright, I caught brief glimpses of it through the window in work today :(

That's where the advantage of Retirement comes in Steve :)

• Advertisement

I decided to see what's going on on Facebook as I rarely check it out. Hmmm, it looks like men from my area have checked out my photos and want to make contact! Well now, happy days. :rolleyes: But unfortunately as I haven't put any photos on my FB page I can't think what has attracted them. Dear me, decisions, decisions, what is one to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

terry_face.jpg
    Well, hello there.
    :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

:D Hello yourself! :D

Yeah, must have been Terry Thomas and Leslie Phillips (Ding-Dong!!) :D

Yes, they keep telling me that too, and they only live a mile away! Amazing!

No chance of George Clooney turning up I s'pose then! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

No chance at all I have him tied up in my basement or maybe it's Colin Firth I have. Must go down and check............

7.30pm now and still no sign of Hen! ;)

Maybe she is changing George Clooney's colostomy bag for him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I'm sure Hen is just delayed in the basement making small talk with Mr Clooney....

Yes. I am sure of that too ............ ;)

• Advertisement

....making small babies, more like!!! ;) They will make beautiful babies together!

Babies!!!! Unless it has fur, four paws and a tail (and of course a bark!!!) no time for little things here:p Any way George said Jack Russell's are snappy little things so he had to go :eek: Mr Firth, Mr Firth ........ Now where did I put him?????

Mr Firth will be out in the back garden emerging from your goldfish pond in all his wet glory (swoon)

Have him dried and send him to me ;)

On second thoughts don't bother, a few water marks on the floor don't matter!!!!

Sitting here with a glass of rioja .......... be jealous be very jealous lol lol

Where did you find Rioja ??? It had better not be from OGs secret supply, he will know we have found a way of by passing his security measures :eek:

Layinghen wrote: »
    Have him dried and send him to me ;)

On second thoughts don't bother, a few water marks on the floor don't matter!!!!

Lol, I read that as 'dried' as in mummified. I did wonder...

Layinghen wrote: »
    Where did you find Rioja ??? It had better not be from OGs secret supply, he will know we have found a way of by passing his security measures :eek:

Sadly it is from my own stash which I have hidden from you all for so long.

OOPS I said that publicly didn't I? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

_73608946_oconnellpa.jpg

• Advertisement

Steady BBDBB steady now.... rube pass round the Rioja we are all parched

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement