Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

No. There isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

My favourites are Saint Gin and Saint Rum. They were twins. Patron saints of limes and ice.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Yippee power is back. Hurricane down here in the Kingdom yesterday. Didn't think my nest would survive but thankfully it did. Lots of others in surrounding areas not so lucky:(

I have never experienced anything like it. The windows were bulging in, wind howling, logs not twigs being blown around. Slates and indeed full roofs whizzing by.

We live by the sea so that was like a whirlpool a dark, angry whirlpool.

I think I need a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Layinghen wrote: »
    Yippee power is back. Hurricane down here in the Kingdom yesterday. Didn't think my nest would survive but thankfully it did. Lots of others in surrounding areas not so lucky:(

I have never experienced anything like it. The windows were bulging in, wind howling, logs not twigs being blown around. Slates and indeed full roofs whizzing by.

We live by the sea so that was like a whirlpool a dark, angry whirlpool.

I think I need a drink.

Bless you hen xxx

Need a drink eh? OG has some but DON'T touch those bloody wires :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Gosh Hen glad you are ok. Happy valentines day everyone, I heard a rumour that Rube is giving free kisses to all the girls today bar matron!

• Advertisement

I can hear the faint sound of puckering up from behind the sofa! Come out come out wherever you are Rube!

Ramette wrote: »
    Gosh Hen glad you are ok. Happy valentines day everyone, I heard a rumour that Rube is giving free kisses to all the girls today bar matron!

Why bar matron? I am not picky..... actually I am more of a Desperate kind :o
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I can hear the faint sound of puckering up from behind the sofa! Come out come out wherever you are Rube!

I am out in the open Jelly, here I am in my knitted socks with a rose in my ..... mouth

Rubecula wrote: »
    I am out in the open Jelly, here I am in my knitted socks with a rose in my ..... mouth

You'll catch your death Rube only wearing socks!

I will take them off so.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Making plans to visit Ireland this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Ok everybody, visitor coming, time to wash the curtains and give the walls a lick of paint. If somebody could sweep up outside as well that would really help:)

Oh and somebody ring St James Gate and tell them to up the production of Guinness :D:D

O&O beers!

rube please wear socks :pac:

I'll put the kettle on to make sure the Tay is well drawn!

Making plans to visit Ireland this year :)

Still tracking down your ancestors, Rube?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Still tracking down your ancestors, Rube?

Actually it is more of a social visit. Visits I mean. I intend to meet mr and mrs Chucken on the second visit, but ssssssshhhh don't let them know.

Gonna sneak up on them then? Good luck Rube. You know that Chucken is dangerous with a soup cauldron in her hands!

LOL Jelly I have plenty of time to prepare just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This is a bit like modding a cemetery (discovers she can't spell cemetery)..... By the time anyone does anything that needs modding I have forgotten how to do it, and that upsets my poor old brain. Maybe I should volunteer for AH. Or Soccer. Or Motors. Nah, think I will just snooze here in the sunshine. (That's that kind of yellow and blue effect when you step outside and look up.)

I was going to make a GAA colours remark there, but I had to check it up, have you any idea how many counties have yellow and blue? What happens when they are playing each other?

looksee wrote: »
    Maybe I should volunteer for AH.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Actually it is more of a social visit. Visits I mean. I intend to meet mr and mrs Chucken on the second visit, but ssssssshhhh don't let them know.

Visiting me on my own first, eh Rubes? ;) Eh? Eh?
    This is a bit like modding a cemetery (discovers she can't spell cemetery)..... By the time anyone does anything that needs modding I have forgotten how to do it, and that upsets my poor old brain. Maybe I should volunteer for AH. Or Soccer. Or Motors. Nah, think I will just snooze here in the sunshine. (That's that kind of yellow and blue effect when you step outside and look up.)

I was going to make a GAA colours remark there, but I had to check it up, have you any idea how many counties have yellow and blue? What happens when they are playing each other?

Would you like if we started misbehaving? :confused:
    I'm sure there are a few of "them" that could try if you'd like?!
    Now, what happens when yellow and blue play each other....WAR, thats what happens!
    If you care to look at this map http://discoverkillaloe.ie/documents/killaloe-ballina-map-2012-1.pdf, you'll see that Tipperary is on the right hand side of the water. Clare is on the left hand side which is actually the right side...if you know what I mean ;)

Oh, I must explain my absence. Well I was experimenting (discovers I can't spell experimenting) with living in the dark ages. No electricity, water, heat or INTERNET :eek:

Bloody weather :mad:

CEMETERY!! CEMETERY!!?? How darrrrrrrre ya! Hrummph! (Probably right though)

AH! AH!!?? Not even in a joke looksee! Stay here where its all warm and comfy.

Awww Looksee I can be a bad bad boy if you need to mod Just ask Chucken about the Squirrel :D

And no Chuck I would never dare to visit you on your own .... I would need protection from the force feeding of soup :D

EDIT: by the way Chuck I had a feeling you had a power problem when I didn't see either of you on Thursday xxx

Thanks Rube, I appreciate the offer. I don't think I will take you up on it though! Squirrel soup? Nah, I think its safer if I don't know :-)

Glad you are enlightened Chucken, this whole powerlessness is a bit of a nuisance - son and dil (and two small children) were without power or water from Wednesday through to Monday, very frustrating.

Anyway I am off up the wooden hill, so night night, don't get too riotous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OldGoat wrote: »
    O&O beers!
    *yup*

Did someone say beers? When? Where?

Steve has a script that trawls Boards looking for the word "Beers" and when found it then inserts an automatic reply saying "Yep, I'll be there". :cool:

Steve has a script that trawls Boards looking for the word "Beers" and when found it then inserts an automatic reply saying "Yep, I'll be there". :cool:

Dear Steve

Please let me have a script for 'tea'!

Thanking you in teaful anticipation.

Kind regards,
    Jellybaby1 :D

I could just fancy a posh afternoon tea somewhere nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

https://www.google.ie/search?q=beers+site%3Aboards.ie

Havent worked out the autoreply bit yet... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement