Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

looksee wrote: »
    I could just fancy a posh afternoon tea somewhere nice.

With beer?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Rubecula wrote: »
    With beer?:)

I think champagne is more usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Ah now Rube, a bit of decorum please its cups of tae and fizzy stuff we'll be havin....

Anyway this little hen is off for some sun tomorrow. I have had enough of the wind and rain, a week in the sunshine is calling me:cool::cool:

I think champagne is more usual...

Not for me, they don't serve it in pints and it is a bit bland. :D
    Layinghen wrote: »
    Ah now Rube, a bit of decorum please its cups of tae and fizzy stuff we'll be havin....

Anyway this little hen is off for some sun tomorrow. I have had enough of the wind and rain, a week in the sunshine is calling me:cool::cool:

Fizzy stuff is what I fancy too nothing like the tingle of a Guinness as it lubricates your esophagus .. :D

Have a glorious sunny time Hen with your Mr Rooster. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I could just fancy a posh afternoon tea somewhere nice.

But you know we will also have to have soup!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Recently, as I roamed the mist-laden hills, meditating on the meaning of Life, Art, Religion and textspeak, I caught a glimpse of two hares being chased through the grass (without success) by my nuclear-powered cocker pup. His windswept ears and little legs were a blur while the hares were barely in second gear, playfully mocking his efforts to see over the grass.

When the pup abandoned the chase and returned to me, I explained to him the relationship between mass, energy and resultant velocity and that the hares had already figured out this formula.

As we returned to headquarters, tired but wiser and exhilarated, passing through mucky fields with smelly, abandoned vegetables and shopping trolleys, a poem I learned in primary school drifted into my head:

Spring is sprung, the grass is rizz,
    I wonder where the flowers is.

Well? Where is they? Hares are playing; lawnmowers are grumbling; Easter eggs are in shops, etc. I've seen lots of shoots but no daffodillies! What's going on? The wurld is in a state of chazzis!

The spring is sprung, the grass is rizz
    I wonder where the birdies is
    The birdies on the wing
    No that is absurd, the wing is on the bird.

The birdies on the wing

Janey Mac. You must of went to a gooder school than me. I never heared them extra lines before. But then, I do remember my English teacher saying: "BrensBenz, there's no point in me trying to teach you anything!" Still not sure if that was a compliment or not.

Anyway, we have loads of birdies but....where is all the flowers?

Don't worry Brensbenz, the flowers is comin. I have camellias, crocuses, violas (winter pansies), miniature daffs, hellebores, berginias and winter jasmine in flower at the moment -and this in a garden that got zero attention for at least 12 months! Admittedly not a lot of some of them, but still, signs of life!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

That Hen gone off to the sun again! And she barely back a wet week :mad:
    I'm home 3 weeks and rarin' for road again but alas I've to wait till June :(

By the way, everyones invited to my big birthday...if ye fancy a trip to Greece :)

• Advertisement

Greetings from the Canaries.....

Found free wifi in restaurant, yes eating outdoors at this hour:D:D

Love Greece Chucken, just name the island and you never know afternoon tea could be there!!!

Ohhhhh I wish I was in the sun now :( I hope you're enjoying every second of it Hen :)

Well, Corfu is the island and the 1st week of July is the big day but we'll be there a week before and after. :D

3 whole weeks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

The birdies on the wing

The last time I heard that, gangsta speak was used:

Spring has sprung da grass is rizz
    I wondeh wheh da boidies iz
    Da boidies is on da wing
    Which is absoid
    Da wing is on da boid

Agree with you there JB, I don't speak gangsta though!

I obviously move in unladylike, but mainly gangsta type circles! :D

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I obviously move in unladylike, but mainly gangsta type circles! :D

You mean you go around impersonating James Cagney? "You doity rat" ? Or are you more of a Moll?

I find I move in circles a lot, round and round the kitchen trying to remember what I was supposed to be doing :-(

I have that problem too :(

And moi! Circles, squares, rectangles. Its all the same, forget what I'm doing, where I'm going, and why I'm there in the first place! And I am nobody's moll, doll or anything else either! I never even made sugar mummy! :)

Didn't want to post this in a new thread but if there is anybody who is not too well out there?

tomorrow is the 26th of February .... this means it is one year since the doctors gave me two hours to live.

It is my first Re-birthday.

Happy rebirth to me
    Happy rebirth to me
    Happy rebirth Oul coffin dodger
    Happy rebirth to me
    :)

Be strong folks things CAN get better right up to the last minute

• Advertisement

Gosh Rubes. Would you believe I was just thinking about "that day" today.
    We were all very scared for you :(
    I'm soooooo glad you're getting better and better every day :) xxxxxxx

Chucken wrote: »
    Gosh Rubes. Would you believe I was just thinking about "that day" today.
    We were all very scared for you :(
    I'm soooooo glad you're getting better and better every day :) xxxxxxx

YOU were scared? I was feeling great ... and I sometimes tell fibs :pac:

LOL Never felt better getting into a nice warm bed for a long long rest :D

Actually looking back on it, I was not scared as much as angry. Might be what pulled me through xxx (Along with prayers from so many lovely people and I am sure me mum was watching over me)

Aww thanks Chuck, xxx I think many folks were more scared than me, I was more angry xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

Thank you Rube. That touched my heart.
    In October my beloved brother was told he has terminal cancer. We were devastated.

Move to today - he was told that he has responded remarkably well to chemotherapy and may be able to have surgery when the chemo has finished (8 more weeks). The oncologist said his prognosis is much better.

For a few moments recently, I lost someone. But medical technology and knowhow reversed that event, thank God they brought him back to us. Yay! Congratulations also to you Rube for experiencing some 'reverse' also. PTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Glad you are still around Rube . Congratulations on your milestone :) Alice nice to hear from you, I hope your brother continues to get better and Jelly hope your person stays healthy...

Crickey life does throw us some curveballs but the survival instinct of the human race continues to fill me with awe....

Now I'm putting the kettle on, who wants Tay?

ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Congratulations and jubilations on pulling back from the cliff at this time last year, Rubecula. I always enjoy reading your posts, and the banter is always uplifting in this forum. . . actually it's truly scrumptious - never chitty.

Your prezzie is going to be the "last post" in a story I was "sent to Coventry" in - over in the Creative Writing forum. I must go over there now to "fill my mental tank" for the post.

PS: I read that you are going home to Ireland this summer! When would you be going? If it happens that I'm there at the same time, maybe we could have a pint or 2 together - did somebody mention Guinness? My trip to Ireland this summer is a gift to myself . . . if it's in the cards. Destination: Dundrum . . . and Clones.

. . . then off to England to raise a stink in Sheffield. Oh, and for a little irony, I'm mentioning I will make it to Coventry (I was born there.)

tomorrow is the 26th of February .... this means it is one year since the doctors gave me two hours to live.

It is my first Re-birthday.

Happy rebirth to me
    Happy rebirth to me
    Happy rebirth Oul coffin dodger
    Happy rebirth to me
    :)

Alice1 wrote: »
    In October my beloved brother was told he has terminal cancer. We were devastated.

Move to today - he was told that he has responded remarkably well to chemotherapy and may be able to have surgery when the chemo has finished (8 more weeks). The oncologist said his prognosis is much better.

Well, I too was told I wouldn't reach my next significant birthday (or meet my first grandchild) but I've just come from the "chat" with the Oncologist after a scan a few weeks ago. It may have taken two major operations, (I'm being buried in installments) two rounds of chemo with multiple nasty side effects but....."there is no evidence of disease - see you in six months".

Not only have huge advancements been made in treatments, but patients are beginning to believe that the Big C no longer equals certain death. I believe a lot of "cure" is in our willpower - I've certainly seen evidence of this in the chemo wards - and, of course, the support and encouragement from family and friends reinforces our determination to beat these unwelcome invaders.

So Rubecula, well done; Alice, positive thoughts - they really do make a difference.

PS: My grandson's christening was a wonderful occasion!

• Advertisement

Congrats Rube (yes found free wifi again out here in the sun:p). That date will always be extremely special to you.

I too have a special date but it is the day As I call it that I left the world and remerged many weeks later with the diagnosis "you won't die of it but you will die with it". Great says I, that will do me. We really are a pile of old stubborn crocks here :D:D

Alice positive thoughts sent your way for your brother.

Anyway back to the pool for me............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement