Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

Thanks for the welcome, am newish to boards, just really trying to get used to how to use. Theoretical but I do like words!!!!

I think the new national sport should be how fast can you get the washing in because it's raining again, and how quick can you get it back out because the suns shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Hiya Lexi! I extend a warm and fuzzy welcome. Are you a Practical or Theoretical Lexicographer? Y'see now what I did there, I researched a new friend. It's called Garda Vetting! :D As for all the yuck above, I feel like I've just eaten tomato throwup! Someone change the subject please. Talk about anything else just to make the quease go. Upfhhh, 'scuse me please...............

Whats that like then? :pac:
    Thanks for the welcome, am newish to boards, just really trying to get used to how to use. Theoretical but I do like words!!!!

I think the new national sport should be how fast can you get the washing in because it's raining again, and how quick can you get it back out because the suns shining.

They're saying theres a risk of summer happening on Tuesday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi lexi, may we call you lexi? You are welcome here but you should also join Spell Czechs (its a hosted forum, you have to ask here. Don't tell anyone I told you, its a secret ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

If you're looking for words, well you've come to the right place. Speaking of words, while I'm typing this I decided to hover my cursor over the little icons above the space where I am typing and found this:

'Wraps
    tags around selected text, obfuscating it'

What does 'obfuscating' mean? Oooooh I hope it's not rude! :eek:

If you're looking for words, well you've come to the right place. Speaking of words, while I'm typing this I decided to hover my cursor over the little icons above the space where I am typing and found this:

'Wraps
    tags around selected text, obfuscating it'

What does 'obfuscating' mean? Oooooh I hope it's not rude! :eek:
    It hides it like this

• Advertisement

Sounds rude, just means hiding meaning, thanks for invite, will request now.

Of course you can call me lexi, I have been called a lot worse!

Thanks Lexi. Well you learn something every day! Thanks for the demo Chucky! Had one been involved in the writing of that text, one would have put 'obliterating', so one would. Now get back in the kitchen woman and make some heartwarming soup! :p

Thanks Lexi. Well you learn something every day! Thanks for the demo Chucky! Had one been involved in the writing of that text, one would have put 'obliterating', so one would. Now get back in the kitchen woman and make some heartwarming soup! :p

One is on strike this evening. Ones men are gone to Thomond Park to see Man city play Limerick in football and momma to be is at the cinema. One is all on ones own......and bored :D

Well tell you what Chucken we could start a word chain of soup - I'll start, feel free to join in anyone:

Asparagus soup
    Beetroot soup
    Carrot soup...

• Advertisement

Dandelion Soup

Lovage soup! It is the best!

I'm an idiot, missed the point.

Eggplant soup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I do run run run...I do run run....

Fennel Soup
    Gazpacho

Horseradish soup
    (squid) Ink soup (ahem, cheating a bit)
    Jalapeno soup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Horrendous soup
    Inedible soup
    Just soup

Greetings and salutations Lexicographer, Indeed it ushers a warm feeling to be in a position to offer you friendly greetings to our wonderfully mature and highly intelligent little forum for the more senior residents of Boards.ie.

(Translation: Hiya Lexi, it's nice to welcome you to O & O)

Little warning, do not mention certain subjects (see charter) and DO NOT let Chucken cook for you. Oh and have a camera ready for the full moon. Alice does an amazing show.

Kohlrabi Soup

*slurps Blue Nun*

Lemon Soup

Who won the mens' 100m?

• Advertisement

Cicero wrote: »
    *slurps Blue Nun*

Naughty, naughty!! :eek:

*slurps Blue Nun*

faint.gif

Oh playing with fire there Cicero!

looksee wrote: »
    Oh playing with fire there Cicero!

I'm pushing for the prison forum for a week actually....any chance you could arrange that?

You're looking for me to wave ban hammers at this time of night? Nah, I'm off to make my cocoa.

Oh yes,

Minestrone

I'm pushing for the prison forum for a week actually....any chance you could arrange that?

Why :(

Noodle Soup

Oodle Soup! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Shh Chuck, he wants to be known as the naughty boy of the asylum.

Oxtail soup.

Oh yes Usain Bolt won the 100m race.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    You're looking for me to wave ban hammers at this time of night? Nah, I'm off to make my cocoa.

Dog Gammit Looksee...you have the power to do that...

Blue Nun Blue Nun Blue Nun

BINGO!!!!!!
    Chucken wrote: »
    Why :(

Just want to...never been there...could be fun...you could all visit me an stuff....besides, I've got my 4 stars and I've kind of stopped posting as much as I used to....better I go one way or nuthuder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement