Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Evening all :D

How are ye all this evening?

Kids battered into bed !!!? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 centrifuge

Morning All.

Just popping before I head to mass.

It's cold out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

you can pray for the redemption of old goat's burlesque soul;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

god, yez we're up early this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Morning all :)

is someone taking a register?

do I need to clock in??

has anyone seen my teeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

You didn't leave them on the range again did you?

My late aunt did that, in some kitchen towel, then my uncle picked them up with some other stuff and into the range they went! :D
    Much mirth for ages

We do have some early risers don't we, must spend the evening snoring in their chairs;)

I love the sound of Sunday mornings..i.e. silence...it's wonderful...not another day like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 centrifuge

Ramette wrote: »

I think it will require a lot more than prayers to redeem Old Goat's soul.
    Cicero wrote: »
    god, yez we're up early this morning

Early to bed and early to rise.

Mass was a hoot. One of the altar boys tripped and fell. He ended up sort of on his knees right in front of the priest.

If only I had one of those camera phones, that would have made a great caption competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Good day good people :). I just noticed Im heading towards my 1000th post :eek:.. I should start a thread in AH ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

centrifuge wrote: »
    I think it will require a lot more than prayers to redeem Old Goat's soul.

My ethics are above reproach however I have no soul and my morals are corrupt - thankfully. Redemption is unlikely and unlooked for. :) I would post pics of last nights shinnanigans but I don't want to be responsible for triggering palpitations.
    Besides, I think Nurse might not give me any pudding after dinner for raising a ruckus in here.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

oh lordy.. the images i have in my head of old goat's sinful burlesque evening soiree.... :o
    right kitchen cleaned .. phew... took hours i HATE cleaning.. am off to do some grocery shopping (have run out of catfood) :rolleyes: dogs have masters and cats have servants ..!
    Hope all you auld wans are having a restful day...

I'm going to celebrate my 1000th post in music and video...my hometown :)

aw Chucken.. that was just lovely...:) congrats on the 1K posts...
    i think this deserves a celebration, cup of tea and some rich tea coming up

:) Can I have my biccies buttered please? For dippin in the tea!! mmmmm

anyone want a nibble of my raspberry cream turnover???

:eek: BBDBB - you been on the sauce again? or were you out with Old Goat last night?

Ive not that pleasure and sadly in a moment of rash thinking Im off the booze for Lent:(

:D

so your hitting the creamy desserts instead!! poor you.. well you get to drink on paddy's day dont you?

BBDBB wrote: »
    Im off the booze
    ^^^Designated driver - lets have a roadtrip/pubcrawl. All off to Killaloe to celibate Chunkins 1000th post.

there's a burlesque club in killaloe;)

• Advertisement

Srsly?
    Or are you toying with me, enticing me there, waiting to dash my hopes in the cruelist of fashions? :)

I know theres is a new club fighting to get off the ground in Sligo and a few people are talking about starting one in Galway. I was at one in Cavan in January.
    The burlesque scene is so strong in Dublin that it's started to attract forign promoters with a new club just about to open up.

I really should have started this thread over in the B&C forum. :o Just to try and drag it back into vaguely O&O I have to say that the audience age demographic is slowly creeping up at a lot of the shows. There are a lot more of 35-40+ year olds turning up for events.

Old Goat I must apologise profusely for my distinct lack of punctuation. there should have been a question mark at the end of my sentence :o. In was meant in gentle jest....
    Please accept my sincere apology... though i am now very intrigued to attend a 'burlesque' night out.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

hi all..

all geared up for St Patricks Day?

I'm off work wednesday and thursday! :)

Old Goat I must apologise profusely for my distinct lack of punctuation. there should have been a question mark at the end of my sentence :o. In was meant in gentle jest....
    Please accept my sincere apology... though i am now very intrigued to attend a 'burlesque' night out.....
    Loads of Boardsies at the one last weekend and I expect to see loads more next Friday night. More the merrier. :)

foxinsox.. nice one re not working! am off thurs but wont be going mad as i am working friday.. so since you are off maybe you can cook us all a big feed of bacon and greasy cabbage with some parsley sauce on the day!!!
    I have a friend coming over from america this weekend and he wants to go to temple bar (sigh) i believe some of the restaurants are advertising the fact that the waiters will be dressed up as leprechauns (oh god). I am PRAYING he doesnt discover that we have a leprechaun museum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

^ you've obivously not heard of my cooking skills..

eh I only cook about three times a month.. cooking isn't really my thing..

So I would save ye all from the pain..

As for bacon and cabbage I wouldn't know what to do with either :o

We have a leprauchaun museum?
    I have been in the country too long, I am losing touch..

Hey all....bacon and cabbage you say...put me down for a portion of that...what time should we arrive?

ah sure you can arrive whenever, the bacon and cabbage can stew away in the pot all day if needs be:)

Evening gentlefolk :)

• Advertisement

there's a burlesque club in killaloe;)

Sure there is :D:D:D!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement