Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Raoul wrote: »
    Where is the guide for flashing darkys? Where did you even get the file, I was on the forum and couldn't see it. Im on ficetos base rom btw.

Here it is....http://www.multiupload.com/8OUDK2OC14

Then they say you can just flash from Ficeto`s JVH base

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

lewis wrote: »
    Here it is....http://www.multiupload.com/8OUDK2OC14

Then they say you can just flash from Ficeto`s JVH base

Yeah I am already downloading that. Just meant where did you get the link?

So just straight on the sd, go to cwm and flash it?

:D

Waiting on my phone to charge :mad:

Yeah I am already downloading that. Just meant where did you get the link?

So just straight on the sd, go to cwm and flash it?

:D

Waiting on my phone to charge :mad:

On his forum, yeah flash from CWM!

On his forum, yeah flash from CWM!

Did you flash it yet? And am I being retarded, I cannot see it anywhere on his forum :confused::confused:

Did you flash it yet? And am I being retarded, I cannot see it anywhere on his forum :confused::confused:

Not yet, on his XDA one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Feels bloated and sluggish, sorry i flashed it now. What I was on was better

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Feels bloated and sluggish, sorry i flashed it now. What I was on was better

:(

I will try it anyway. Can always flash back

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

The guide is up for anyone who needs it

I flashed it and its great so far. No lag at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Darkys site is down..

Just tells ya how popular Darkys rom is...

• Advertisement

Did anyone get their video chat working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Rom got faster after a few boots.

Did anyone get their video chat working?

Nope cant even get voice working, copied in the files, renamed the old talk apk etc rebooted, nothing. Signed out and rebooted still no go.

bandit197 wrote: »
    Nope cant even get voice working, copied in the files, renamed the old talk apk etc rebooted, nothing. Signed out and rebooted still no go.

Where did you see the guide for it? I might give it a go. To be honest, I don't really want to use it but just a mate has a nexus s and his is working so god damn if I am going to be outdone.

What rom did sgs tools come with? Or is that a seperate app? I thought when you flashed darkys, it came with it.

I`m getting ready to flash it, its been so long since I`ve been on Darky anything....

I`m getting ready to flash it, its been so long since I`ve been on Darky anything....

I'm liking it so far. Still wish someone would sort out the sensation theme though, its so nice, just want the dialer and stuff to work properly.

I'm liking it so far. Still wish someone would sort out the sensation theme though, its so nice, just want the dialer and stuff to work properly.

Well I`m on it and had no problems, checked a few things market, both camera`s, wifi, data network, maps all seem good

The JQ1 modem I had selected did`nt seem to have flashed, also I did`nt select the gallery but its there.

Speed is FAST, but I`ve yet to put my apps back on so I`ll see how it does.

So far yes I`m liking it, but still needs more time to play...

Well I`m on it and had no problems, checked a few things market, both camera`s, wifi, data network, maps all seem good

The JQ1 modem I had selected did`nt seem to have flashed, also I did`nt select the gallery but its there.

Speed is FAST, but I`ve yet to put my apps back on so I`ll see how it does.

So far yes I`m liking it, but still needs more time to play...

I totally forgot to back up my apps and just went straight and flashed it. All worked out ok. ha. You putting lag fixes on or off?

Off to bed now, will try the sensation theme tomorrow.

I totally forgot to back up my apps and just went straight and flashed it. All worked out ok. ha. You putting lag fixes on or off?

Off to bed now, will try the sensation theme tomorrow.

What are they by default?

If it stays the speed its at now I`ll leave it as it is..

Where did you see the guide for it? I might give it a go. To be honest, I don't really want to use it but just a mate has a nexus s and his is working so god damn if I am going to be outdone.

What rom did sgs tools come with? Or is that a seperate app? I thought when you flashed darkys, it came with it.

I followed Pogs instructions a few posts back.

SGS tools was with 9.5 anyway, I dont see it in this one.

• Advertisement

Well lads I`ve put all my 150 apps back in and its STILL fast as hell, also have all animations on for the craic, yet no lag or what not, this so far is SOLID!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Seems solid to me. One large issue though, I noticed that the ROM file size was quite small (207mb)

Someone forgot to include the ringtones... If you go to edit your phone/message notification theres nothing there :-(

Seems solid to me. One large issue though, I noticed that the ROM file size was quite small (207mb)

Someone forgot to include the ringtones... If you go to edit your phone/message notification theres nothing there :-(

I checked them just there, I have them all, at least all the default tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Lads,

I thought Darky was going to be issuing a final version of 10 yesterday but can't find it. Are you all flashing RC6 and if so why when the final version is just around the corner, apparently???

Ben

That`s not biggy most of the time ringtones other people put in are crap, slap in your own...
    BenEadir wrote: »
    Lads,

I thought Darky was going to be issuing a final version of 10 yesterday but can't find it. Are you all flashing RC6 and if so why when the final version is just around the corner, apparently???

Ben

Jaysus........*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

BenEadir wrote: »
    Lads,

Ben

we've all been flashing 10.1 . here it is.
    http://www.multiupload.com/8OUDK2OC14

Have a read back through the last few pages.

@ Lewis behave :D

Gaffs89 wrote: »

What modem you got running on yours man?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Gaffs89 wrote: »

Is this the very latest Darky? Just seeing that the site is down.

What modem you got running on yours man?

JVO . Didn't change it after Ficetos base.

• Advertisement

Is this the very latest Darky? Just seeing that the site is down.
    Yeah it's the latest. 10.1 running very fast and smooth. Not much of a change from Ficetos base JVH, on which it's based. so if you're already on JVH all you need to do is flash it using CWM . I didn't wipe and no issues yet.

Advertisement