Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bit of a stressful week! :( Roll on weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I got an amazing greeting from my 2 kitties today after coming home from placement, they wouldn't leave me alone and kept licking me and marking me. Then Peach went up on my neck like a scarf :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Really should be in bed, up at 4am to go to a dog seminar in Dublin

ISDW wrote: »
    Really should be in bed, up at 4am to go to a dog seminar in Dublin

Is that the one in the dogs trust? I really wanted to go to that!

No, positive dog training in Sandyford, leash reactivity

• Advertisement

Ah right, that sounds good too! Lots of doggy seminars going on this weekend, the on in dogs trust is on canine behavior I think, it might just be for veterinary nurses though I'm not entirely sure!

Ah right, that sounds good too! Lots of doggy seminars going on this weekend, the on in dogs trust is on canine behavior I think, it might just be for veterinary nurses though I'm not entirely sure!

Hadn't heard of that one, so maybe. I am away to my bed now though, although i usually don't sleep when i know i have to be up that early, having sled dogs, its not an unusual time to be getting up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got a text from my brother this morning, we live in the same town and my parents moved to a new home in the same town last month. They brought one of the cats to the new house a couple of weeks ago and the other 2 are in the old house with my brother until next month. Anyway yesterday they had a cat flap fitted as puss is used to 1 from the old house.

Apparently at 6am this morning he arrived back at the old address and went up to sleep on my brothers bed. The house is a mile away and he's never been in the areas between the 2 houses.

I went to visit my orphan kittens in their foster home, they are just doing brilliantly!! Talking to the fosterer we reckon Thunder who passed away had something like a liver shunt as he never put on any weight despite feeding well so there's nothing that could have been done for him. Tux is a little girl, and Sheldon is now Shelly as she is also a girl! Dude is of course a dude, and what a little man he is!! The foster-er is going to keep Tux and I'm delighted as I'll be able to keep an eye on her leg, even though it's looking perfect now. She has a friend who will be taking one and possibly 2 if she can convince them, although I would love love love to keep Dude if I can at all, my parents are adamant that it's a no, but I'll have 6 weeks to change their mind anyway as I found the foster can keep them for at least another 6 weeks :) I think a had a bond with little Dude though, the rest of them were crying to get back into the others after I fed them, whereas Dude put his 2 paws on my lip, yawned and rolled over onto his back purring and fell asleep, I love him already!!!

Here are some pictures of little Dude :)

dude1_zps419cf72e.jpg
    dude2_zpse96a8d85.jpg
    dude3_zps8734cf24.jpg

6 little sh1ts barked at Bailey on a walk this evening - 2 of them we met twice. SO bloody annoying especially when you're on a narrow path with no way of dodging them unless you step out onto the road! If Bailey was barking at them we'd be read the riot act. Maybe I should train him to bark at every small dog he sees and then I can say 'He thinks he's small!" SAKES! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

tk123 wrote: »
    6 little sh1ts barked at Bailey on a walk this evening - 2 of them we met twice. SO bloody annoying especially when you're on a narrow path with no way of dodging them unless you step out onto the road! If Bailey was barking at them we'd be read the riot act. Maybe I should train him to bark at every small dog he sees and then I can say 'He thinks he's small!" SAKES! :rolleyes:

I just came here to post something very similar.

I'm starting to really hate small yappy dogs (sorry people here who have one). The problem is when I'm out walking Millie, she goes over to say hi and they start to yap which in turn scares her. She jumps back to try and get away which more times than none is into my knee nearly twisting it out of place. You think she would learn with the amount of times it has happened to her.:rolleyes:

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    She jumps back to try and get away which more times than none is into my knee nearly twisting it out of place

Yeah Bailey does that too and has jumped out onto the main road (thank god there was no traffic the times it happened!) a few times as well which was scary. At the moment walks are quiet enough in evening because the park has been closed but as more people are out walking I'll connect his lead at the front and back so I have more control.
    I think it annoyed me more this evening because I was walking with somebody so didn't have earphones in - normally I keep them low so but turn them up to drown out yappers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Seen Lolas mammy, Nika today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I know small dogs can be yappy sometimes, but occasionally they yap/bark at big dogs to try and stop the big dogs scaring the bayjasus out of them!

I have small enough terriers and a large springer. The amount of big dogs who greet my terriers by lunging toward them and then towering over them is ridiculous. When you are a less than 6kg dog the last thing you need to boost your confidence is a 30kg+ "friendly" dog with absolutely no doggy manners coming over to say hello.

I worked very very hard with Jazz (JRT) to ensure she was dog friendly. That was totally undone by a Labrador attacking her twice. She is now OK with about 75% of dogs she meets but I will never have my happy confident little dog back, as a big dog destroyed that for her.

So if you see me out with my girl and I turn around when I see you or I walk through puddles to avoid you and my little dog is barking, it is probably because you have one of the many large breed of dogs who thought she was prey or that she would be OK with a dog 5/6 times her size standing over her barking at her or, her ultimate fear, a golden Labrador who put her in the vets twice.

Please do not think that every small dog who barks and reacts badly to your friendly dog is badly trained or out of control, sometimes their owners are doing their utmost to undo the damage caused by other dogs.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Oh jesus. It upsets me a little bit when people think things like this are just cute or funny. I can see the funny side obviously but inside I'm screaming, OHMYFNCKINGCHRISTWHATKINDOFPARENTAREYOU. This is the exceptionally fine line between laughter and disaster

06tutTr.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^^ :eek::eek: While it has the cute factor alright....good god while you might have the most easy going dog ever, letting them mess around like that with your dogs food is actually horrifying to watch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Great episode of nationwide on now. They're looking into rescue centres across the country.

How do I convince my mom we need a third kitten :(:( she's so adamant it's a no but she's acting like a toddler with their fingers in their ears going lala I'm not listening!!

How do I convince my mom we need a third kitten :(:( she's so adamant it's a no but she's acting like a toddler with their fingers in their ears going lala I'm not listening!!

Simply bring the kitten home 'to foster' ;). My mum is the same about a pup but she'd be in her element hugging and kissing it lol! :D

I don't think that would work, I promised when I brought home the kittens first I wouldn't try to keep one but I've fallen in love with dude :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Does anyone know how long the zooplus.co.uk site takes to deliver? Thanks.

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the zooplus.co.uk site takes to deliver? Thanks.
    Usually 3 days but make sure you choose GLS delivery not DHL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Usually 3 days but make sure you choose GLS delivery not DHL!

I think I choose DHL! Didnt know it made a difference. It was shipped on friday.

TillyGirl wrote: »

I think I choose DHL! Didnt know it made a difference. It was shipped on friday.

DHL takes longer but depending on which zooplus you order from you don't have a choice. What's everyone ordering? Barking Heads? :D

Ya I ordered 16kg of the stuff! Ordered on UK site as couldn't find it on the other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

F***ing cat :mad::mad::mad: He is so ridiculously demanding and I literally don't get a break. I open the car door and I can see him jumping into the window sill and starting to wail. He wants to go out, wants food, but not that food, wants to sit on the couch, wants to sit on my knee, wants me to not move while he's sitting on my knee, wants to get on the counters, cries when he's put off. He's healthy and gets attention. I've started to feed him out of a kong, and it's the only time I get more than a half an hour without him demanding something else.

I know I should just ignore it, but it's bloody hard. It literally makes my teeth hurt it's so annoying.

I've just locked him into the bathroom with his bed and food and water. I can't hear him there and I need a break. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yep they can certainly push you to the limit.

Ya I ordered 16kg of the stuff! Ordered on UK site as couldn't find it on the other sites.

Lol me too - I just got 2+2 so I could give one to my friend as a gentle nudge to try it with her guy. They sell it petworld where they buy AG. 2kg will last us ages as my dog is a barf boy! :)

2kg will last us ages as my dog is a barf boy! :)

16kg is going to last the yorkies forever! Glad its in smaller bag for freshness.

• Advertisement

16kg is going to last the yorkies forever! Glad its in smaller bag for freshness.
    Yeah I'm going to stick with small bags from now on - I got a 7kg bag of TOTW in nov and is only half gone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement