Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Love that photo! Wud you mind emailing me the batdog one/stick it up here, it didn't come through proper on my phone. Thanks!

Here ya go! And one of snoozing with Roxie:)

036.jpg

039.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Grrrr.. A certain 'dog training' establishment (that boards the dogs) popped up in my suggested post on FB - couldn't stop myself replying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

tk123 wrote: »
    Grrrr.. A certain 'dog training' establishment (that boards the dogs) popped up in my suggested post on FB - couldn't stop myself replying :p

Me too, I reported it as spam :)

Whispered wrote: »

I wonder if IDFD would be happy being associated with them? They kind of are by that post IMO?

I wonder if IDFD would be happy being associated with them? They kind of are by that post IMO?

I wouldn't imagine so. I was just looking on their FB page. Self praise central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I wouldn't imagine so. I was just looking on their FB page. Self praise central.

I'm intrigued....!! I hate those flippin FB suggested post things, another new thing FB do that irritates me

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I'm intrigued....!! I hate those flippin FB suggested post things, another new thing FB do that irritates me

They're always fecking changing things. It's so intrusive. Then again, facebook is intrusive in general isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So, Henry discovered the exercise ball today, he wasn't entirely sure what to do with it, we thought it better to take it back off him before he burst it and gave Jake (who's lurking in the background) a heart attack!

They're always fecking changing things. It's so intrusive. Then again, facebook is intrusive in general isn't it.

They deleted my comment but manged to copy and paste it into a reply from themselves - tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I keep getting it as well. Grrrr

:D I must do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm intrigued as to what you are all on about, anyone wanna fill me in?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    So, Henry discovered the exercise ball today, he wasn't entirely sure what to do with it, we thought it better to take it back off him before he burst it and gave Jake (who's lurking in the background) a heart attack!

So funny :)

How's Jake these days?

I'm intrigued as to what you are all on about, anyone wanna fill me in?:D

PM sent ;)

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I can't see it!

We're talking about a residential dog training school whose ads keep popping up on facebook pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Oh my heart!
    Out walking in the dark with dog and daughter. Coming to the end of the lit section of the footpath I thought I heard a growl, asked my daughter had she heard anything and she hadn't. I decided it must have been a cow in the field or something. Then I was sure I saw a dog crouched beside a tree further up ahead. I blinked and it was gone ..:confused: Decided I was probably losing the plot ever so slightly and said nothing as I didn't want to spook my girl. We turned at our usual place and were chatting away on the way back when all of sudden a big flurry of blackness launched itself at us out of the bushes. I screamed :o and my daughter screamed (because I screamed :o:o) and my sometimes dog aggressive dog did nothing :confused: because it turned out it was one of her (few) doggie friends just launching herself at us to play. Heart settled down we brought the dog back to it's house and her grateful owner gave my daughter some sweets :)
    I sometimes consider getting a second dog but because of her sometimes dog aggression I think the right temperament is important and I dont want to take a rescue dog in case it doesn't work out. After tonights episode I think maybe a big happy, slightly pushy in a friendly way staffie x lab would fit the bill nicely.

I had my big toe stomped on by a horse on placement, makes walking 5K to and from there rather entertaining!!

I had my big toe stomped on by a horse on placement, makes walking 5K to and from there rather entertaining!!

That's some walk every single day. Do you have to do it early morning and in the dark?

Its not broken is it?

I am quite afraid of horses.

That's some walk every single day. Do you have to do it early morning and in the dark?

Its not broken is it?

I am quite afraid of horses.

Not too early, have to be there before 9 so I leave around 8.20, its 2.5 k there and 2.5 back so its not too bad!!

I don't think it's broken, can still move it :D I'm also afraid of horses which isn't great considering I have to do a placement with them to pass!! But I'm starting to get used to them now.. once they don't stand on me anymore!

I'm sorry I read it as 5 each way. :)

Why are you scared of them? I just can't read them at all.

I'm sorry I read it as 5 each way. :)

Why are you scared of them? I just can't read them at all.

I just realised thats how it sounded!!
    Same reason as you, at least with a dog or cat I can tell when they want you to back off, with a horse I have no clue!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

gavmcg92 wrote: »

How's Jake these days?

He's actually great, healthier than he's been in a long time so he must have been sick for quite a while before we realised something was wrong. Tests came back clear of cancer, he has a cyst on his galbladder so on antibiotics for the foreseeable future, but he's doing really well. So happy he's back :)

Our vet put it fantastically in a post on facebook "Yes, my miracle dog, back from within a few hours of not making it and now flying around better than ever. This is why I love being a vet"

My new bikejoring attachment finally arrived today, bought it off a man in Scotland, the first one he sent never arrived :( so he had to send me another one by registered post. When my son saw the package, he thought it was a gun :confused:

Will get a couple of dogs out on the bike tomorrow (one at a time) now that I can keep the line away from the front wheel safely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My little foster Gizmo had an 'audition' today for his forever home.
    All going well with the homecheck next Tuesday he'll be in his new home by the following weekend for a trial few weeks.

I had a lump in my throat when I heard they wanted him. :(. I'm going to miss him like hell when he goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

ISDW wrote: »
    My new bikejoring attachment finally arrived today, bought it off a man in Scotland, the first one he sent never arrived :( so he had to send me another one by registered post. When my son saw the package, he thought it was a gun :confused:

Will get a couple of dogs out on the bike tomorrow (one at a time) now that I can keep the line away from the front wheel safely :D

a gun? :eek: is it normal to get gun-shaped packages where you live? :pac:

I'd love to try bikejoring since my knees are near banjaxed from running. Sadly my terrier won't even walk in a straight line. if there's a wall she has to jump up to see over it, checks under every car and in every driveway for cats, will suddenly lunge to one side or the other and be half way through a hedge before I know.. oh and then there's the lunging at cars. I'd ask to borrow a husky except I don't think my 6ft walls are high enough :pac:

littlebug wrote: »
    a gun? :eek: is it normal to get gun-shaped packages where you live? :pac:

I'd love to try bikejoring since my knees are near banjaxed from running. Sadly my terrier won't even walk in a straight line. if there's a wall she has to jump up to see over it, checks under every car and in every driveway for cats, will suddenly lunge to one side or the other and be half way through a hedge before I know.. oh and then there's the lunging at cars. I'd ask to borrow a husky except I don't think my 6ft walls are high enough :pac:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: I did wonder how I'm bringing him up that he thought it looked like a gun

I entered the bikejoring class at a rally with one of my dogs a few weeks ago and he had to stop at every person we met to say hello :rolleyes: I did try running, but I think those days are behind me, will stick with the bike :D

ISDW wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: I did wonder how I'm bringing him up that he thought it looked like a gun

Why would he think his mammy would buying guns online lol?! :pac::D

Any parcel that comes here gets an enthusiastic inspection from Bailey - he assumes they're all for him lol! :pac::pac: On Valentines day I gave my mum chocs and a card 'from Bailey :rolleyes:' - when she was opening the bag he was standing with his tail wagging waiting for his present too lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Hmmm to take Lola out yet or wait til it gets a bit brighter...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Dunny wrote: »
    Hmmm to take Lola out yet or wait til it gets a bit brighter...

Nothing better than a nice early walk. Gets they day off to a great start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

7am walks with our guy every morning. The OH and I can be a bit bleary eyed but the dog is always wide awake and practically bouncing along the walk. Where dogs get their early morning energy from who knows!

• Advertisement

We finally got the muddy part of the back garden blocked off, so the dogs only have about 1/4 of the space they would usually have. That's ok because they don't spend any time out there, but Harley hasn't gone to the toilet out there since the fence went up. So now I'm considering having it taken back down. Which would be a shame since I've been moaning about getting it for a year. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement