Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My friend's husband tried to sabotage us but it didnt work lol calling Bailey as we got to the judge - Niamh from Fair City lol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Watching Dragons den, look at Mr Dogs First!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Watching Dragons den, look at Mr Dogs First!!

He scrubs up well, I've met him in his civvies!

I know we're all pet lovers etc but yer one Ramonas reaction was completely OTT. It's one thing not liking dogs but the way she showed complete distain for the product when it was handed to her (It wasn't a dog ffs!) was very ignorant.

IIRC Gavin Duffy (the dragon that invested) has an Irish wolfhound. Probably looking to lower his food bills now he's got a stake in a pet food company:P

Doh I forgot about Dragons Den - even after talking to DF yesterday at the IKC expo and buying a giant bag of chicken backs lol!

The B and B I'm staying in while on placement has gotten a new little dog over the weekend, a tiny sandy coloured terrier they rescued from some crowd down in cork and oh my goodness she is just the sweetest little baby! I sat down on the floor and she just quietly sat next to me, so I gave her a little massage that I would normally give to tense dogs to try relax them but she didn't need it! And the look of sheer bliss on her face from getting a message was just lovely. She's really landed on her feet here!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Trying so hard not to get excited about a job I've applied for. I missed the deadline, as I only saw the ad after it had closed, but sent my CV in anyway, and then rang this morning, and they have accepted my application. I know its only application stage, but it is a perfect job, and only 15 minutes from where I am going to be living. Must stay calm. Must stay calm.

Good luck!! :)

My poor baba..gave him a small amount (no more than a few tablespoons) of a sample of food we got yesterday...30 mins later he was crying to us, brought him out a few times and he just kept lying down then...well lets just say it wasn't pretty! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Good luck ISDW!
    tk123 wrote: »
    Good luck!! :)

My poor baba..gave him a small amount (no more than a few tablespoons) of a sample of food we got yesterday...30 mins later he was crying to us, brought him out a few times and he just kept lying down then...well lets just say it wasn't pretty! :(

Oh no! How is he now?

Whispered wrote: »
    Good luck ISDW!

Oh no! How is he now?

He's stopped releasing noxious gasses so hopefully ok lol! Funny my friends dog wouldn't eat theirs - he sat barking at it instead! :D

tk123 wrote: »
    He's stopped releasing noxious gasses so hopefully ok lol! Funny my friends dog wouldn't eat theirs - he sat barking at it instead! :D

What was it? Kibble, raw food?

Hopefully he's feeling better - loads of cuddles might work :D

• Advertisement

What was it? Kibble, raw food?

Hopefully he's feeling better - loads of cuddles might work :D

It was raw so not like he wouldn't be used to it? Put the rest of it in the bin - wouldnt't risk it again. He jumped in the river a couple of hours later to retrieve the ball his friend dropped in, then again for a football and again for a tennis ball so he seems ok lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Today is one of those days when I dont want to go go into college and just want to lie in bed with the dog by my side. Bah im so tired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Not looking forward to tomorrow. We have to take our former feral to the vet. He seems to have a sore mouth for the past few days. I'm guessing its his mouth as other than not really wanting to eat, he is on great form. He seems hungry but no matter what flavours we put in front of him he won't touch it, not even the cooked chicken.

I've been giving him raw mince for the last few days as he'll eat little bits of that and I just want him to eat something. He ate some wet food this morning and I thought he might be ok, but he'd thrown up when I came down.

The problem with Jasper is that when we try to get him in the cat carrier he panics and reverts to feral behaviour. I think he'll have to be anaesthetised before he's examined so I made sure to tell them when I arranged the appointment this morning, so no food after 7 this evening. Honestly getting him in the carrier and it is a very big carrier with front and top openings, is like something from Apocalypse now.

No matter how devious we are about it he always knows when a vet trip is imminent. The lack of a bowl of kibble is always a sure sign its his turn for a vet trip. If he's suspicious he'll check the cat flap, if it's locked all hell breaks loose and the chase begins:rolleyes::(

You've probably tried this already but I find it great when actually putting them into the carrier after the big chase is to put a towel over their face or cover their eyes with my hand so they don't know exactly when they will go in so the feet don't splay out!

Ohh there is no getting near him with a towel. Oh no no no:( It is just sheer terror and him trying to defend himself. He is so agile and fast and has on occassion, run up walls. We tried a sedative pill last time but it just got him more worked up:confused:

On the plus side he's been eating a bit today. Tinned wild red salmon no less. I don't care so long as he's eating and I'll take him in anyway just to be on the safe side. One of the problems with cat health, as we all know, is that they can bevery good at hiding illness, often until it reaches crisis point. We both always feel like we need some valium after getting him to the vet.

Ask the vet for some Valium to sedate the cat and down it yourselves :P when I was working in the vets I saw one cat be brought in a wash basket! It was the only way they could catch her, even though she was really tame! Another good one I saw is a rabbit hutch :D

Our cat carrier is massive. I could probably put a medium size dog in it at a squeeze. Poor chap, its just terror other than that he is the most affectionate little guy, except with strangers, then he just runs away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Our cat doesn't like carrier so last time we put harness and lead on her and carried her in! Don't think that'll work for you though :( on the other hand nala loves the vet and runs in wagging her tail even when she went back to get her stitches out after being spayed!

We got a harness/cat seatbelt for our other cat. Sometimes he has to travel a longer distance to our vets other city practice and he gets very stressed trying to dig his way out of the carrier. The harness should make it easier for him, in theory.

Jazzy though, having been feral just panics. He's happy to sleep on my lap and cuddle in our bed etc. There have been a few times when we've had to cancel vet appointments as he's just been un-catchable with fear. He doesn't like to be picked up so that doesn't help either. I've been working on picking him up for short periods, its easiest when he's sleepy.

He is just so clever and vigilant. As soon as he spots that the bowl of kibble is gone he'll be on the defensive.

Haha that reminds me so much of cream, I brought him in with me twice on placement and had him fasting just in case, when he saw the food was gone he just refused to get out of bed the next morning. Normally he runs up to greet me, tail wagging full of cuddles, but no, he knew!!

• Advertisement

I've been working out the points my cats have earned from last weekends show, each award in colour, division and finals has an amount of points allocated to it. So from last weekends show both of my cats have been made up to their grand master title :D so they are now GRM Peach and GRM Cream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My apartment smells like....PEEEEE!!! :o:o:( Came home (knackered) this evening and Beanie has peed on "my spot" where i normally sit on the couch. He's been soooo good for the last few weeks and then this. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened so i'm stumped and very annoyed. Coupled with Zaffy the foster dog (who just pees because she has to), i'm completely fed up with the constant mopping and washing.

Grrrr!!!

How does your apartment smell today :p
    It's Phoes birthday today. 3 years old. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Happy birthday Phoenix, any pics of the birthday boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

How does your apartment smell today :p
    It's Phoes birthday today. 3 years old. :)

You can't say that and then not share the pic of the birthday cake :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I don't know what's been going on with Jake and Henry the last two weeks, but they have NOT been getting on at all, and keep fighting. From what we've figured out the main trigger is food. It was mainly Henry going for Jake, and him being the wuss, just starts yelping like a baby making it sound like he's being really hurt, but he isn't. Anyway today he had enough of it and went back for Henry, ended up giving Henry a nice little cut on his head. In a way though it nearly seems to have sorted things out a bit, that one of them kind of "won" it seems Jake has come out as the more in comand, which we think for their pack mentality they needed to get sorted. In typical, dog fashion they are now both curled up beside each other asleep and back to being best friends. We're going to keep going with the training, and trying to help Henry relax a bit and learn to be around other dogs better, because he's still quite nervous and not sure. The joy of male dogs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I was giving my son big praise today for finishing all his broccoli and potatoes. he gave me a confused look and said "eh I didn't". Asked my daughter had she finished her brothers dinner "no" ...all heads turn and look at little miss butter wouldnt melt lying in the hallway looking very happy with herself.:rolleyes:
    I've no idea how she managed it so silently with the three of us milling around and knife and fork balanced precariously on the edge of the plate. Stealth eater!

The cake

64747_446832132059512_774629524_n.jpg

Helping me cook, cleaning the spoon as we go.

525039_446832712059454_228286890_n.jpg

The boys getting annoyed at me for making them sit near, but not steal, the cake. (note Harleys drool :o)

487859_446831878726204_955377412_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I love that last one, Phoe looks like he's daring you to turn your back!
    Love the cake, we never ice ours, dogs don't care!

Knew I wasn't the only one to bake doggy birthday cakes :D did you cook them a nice dinner too?

• Advertisement

Aw the icing was their fave part, they licked if off before eating the rest of it :D

You have Phoe spot on, Harley would sit and leave it for hours if I left the room. Phoe would try steal it when you blink.
    mymo wrote: »

Knew I wasn't the only one to bake doggy birthday cakes :D did you cook them a nice dinner too?

This was my first time ever baking a cake. I've done biscuit before but never a cake. It was so easy, maybe because I didn't have to eat it :cool:

They had brown rice, peas and sardines for dinner. Then a slice of cake for dessert. :o Both are now in a food coma in front of the fire

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement