Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My hair has always been at least shoulder length. Tomorrow I'm getting it cut short, very short. I'm a bit scared :pac:. I've no idea how to style short hair or anything. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My hair has always been at least shoulder length. Tomorrow I'm getting it cut short, very short. I'm a bit scared :pac:. I've no idea how to style short hair or anything. :eek:

You're very brave, getting it done while its so cold ;)

I wash it, towel dry, brush - and thats my styling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Well you might freak out while washing your hair the first time after, I always do that eek in the shower where’s me hair gone???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

My hair has always been at least shoulder length. Tomorrow I'm getting it cut short, very short. I'm a bit scared . I've no idea how to style short hair or anything.

em_cat wrote:
    Well you might freak out while washing your hair the first time after, I always do that eek in the shower where’s me hair gone???

Or 'holy crap why did I use so much shampoo?' and spend an hour rinsing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It was the best decision I ever made!! Have mine short over a year now and would never grow it back, I even buzzed down one half of it so there’s less styling involved :pac: but you will absolutely drown in shampoo your first few times washing your hair after!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I'm so tempted to get some hens but I absolutely do not have time to look after them... even though I have space, and eat at least a dozen eggs a week, and LOVE free range eggs... no, I dont have time. I wont look at the rescue sites to see when the next battery run is again... nope...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Quote button apparently not working for me tonight, but I'd love to just shave my head. I watch the other half just strolling out every morning after a shower and just about die of envy. I'm really jealous of everyone that does a major chop, but had it short when i was young and didnt go well at all with my curls.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Quote button apparently not working for me tonight, but I'd love to just shave my head. I watch the other half just strolling out every morning after a shower and just about die of envy. I'm really jealous of everyone that does a major chop, but had it short when i was young and didnt go well at all with my curls.

Works for me;not shaved but all but. Easy to keep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Choc Chip wrote: »

Mine is short short and I'm ready for a trim lol! I've grown it back a few times more from peer pressure but never again! :P

Hmm we haven’t heard from CB today... did she drown in a sea of shampoo? :o :pac:

• Advertisement

Lol no not yet. I'm happy enough with the new do. The hairdresser sort of talked me into leaving it a bit longer than I wanted but I'll go shorter again next time!

Just taken dog a walk to try to calm her energy down, Cat always follows and walks better than dog..

Will not go that way again, What I thought was the field is an old BOG. Lost the ferrule on my walking aid,with a great sucking sound then learned my wellies leak.. dog kept vanishing, although cat stayed with me as he always does.
    SO MANY SMELLS! She went crazy and had a wonderful time...

Managed to keep my balance . somehow, and it will have done all three of us the world of good but glad to be home now,safe ,

Came back the easier lane way, gleaning bits of turf.. fire later.. Almighty birdsong out there but chilly

hehe Lucy had a swim this morning - she can swim.... but won't. I flung a stick into the river for her and she went after it guns blazing and was suddenly out of her depth... she swam forward then turned around and swam back and waited for Bailey to swim after the stick and bring it back to her lol! I threw it back in the same spot but she was having none of it lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

tk123 wrote: »
    hehe Lucy had a swim this morning - she can swim.... but won't. I flung a stick into the river for her and she went after it guns blazing and was suddenly out of her depth... she swam forward then turned around and swam back and waited for Bailey to swim after the stick and bring it back to her lol! I threw it back in the same spot but she was having none of it lol! :p

Shes a golden retriever?!?! Retrievers love swimming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

aonb wrote: »

Ghost is a retriever cross and loves puddles but doesn't like swimming. He's a weird dog though

My terrier cross would swim for Ireland - clean water, dirty water, flowing, still, icy, he'll be in there in a shot - but bring out a bath - lovely warm bubbly water, and he acts like hes going to be tortured :p

Not Lucy girl! The amount of times she's made me late because she won't swim a few inches so I have to double back etc etc :rolleyes::p. I got a call earlier - her interview for Therapy Dogs is next month :D

tk123 wrote:
    Not Lucy girl! The amount of times she's made me late because she won't swim a few inches so I have to double back etc etc . I got a call earlier - her interview for Therapy Dogs is next month

Sorry to just hop on this point but is this with Irish Therapy Dogs?

muddypaws wrote: »
    Ghost is a retriever cross and loves puddles but doesn't like swimming. He's a weird dog though

My uncle's dog Kero is a retriever cross too, she loves the water but won't swim. She goes in far enough to get her tummy wet to cool down because I have it clipped short, but won't go much deeper than that! Her mother (pure retriever) was the same, she would go in about leg depth, duck down to wet her tummy, and back out again :pac::pac:

Bells21 wrote: »
    Sorry to just hop on this point but is this with Irish Therapy Dogs?

Yes. We were supposed to have it last year but had to postpone as Bailey was very clingy after his surgery and wasn’t happy to be left behind. I think she’ll do fine although i’m interested to see what they make of her woo-wooing the place down lol

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote:
    Yes. We were supposed to have it last year but had to postpone as Bailey was very clingy after his surgery and wasn’t happy to be left behind. I think she’ll do fine although i’m interested to see what they make of her woo-wooing the place down lol

Someone mentioned it to me before that Bella might possibly be very good. I downloaded the forms a few weeks back because I had Bella out for a walk on her own and she literally went up to any one that looked in her direction or paid any heed to her. She's a real people person, quite calm and LOVES rubs.
    Do they ask much about vaccinations and food?

Bells21 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned it to me before that Bella might possibly be very good. I downloaded the forms a few weeks back because I had Bella out for a walk on her own and she literally went up to any one that looked in her direction or paid any heed to her. She's a real people person, quite calm and LOVES rubs.
    Do they ask much about vaccinations and food?

I mailed them last year before I applied to make sure they accepted titres in lieu of vaccination cert and they said yes. I didn’t go for the interview last year as I didn’t know when we’d be able to start visiting and then months flew by without me applying again - oops!

tk123 wrote:
    I mailed them last year before I applied to make sure they accepted titres in lieu of vaccination cert and they said yes. I didn’t go for the interview last year as I didn’t know when we’d be able to start visiting and then months flew by without me applying again - oops!

Thanks for the info,let us know how ye get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Who has the billboard ads with a Border Terrier on at the minute, is it <snip>?

ED E, please be aware that individual rescues cannot be named in this forum and indeed their activities cannot be discussed here either.

My little feral/rescue cat has disappeared.
    Im so upset
    Shes never wandered far from our property.
    We're very rural here, and not any chance that someone has taken her in - shes very nervous of people other than me. Ive walked all the lanes around but no sign of a body :(
    Just when she had moved into the house, and was so well, and fat and loved

Im so upset
    We're very rural here, and not any chance that someone has taken her in - shes very nervous of people other than me. Ive walked all the lanes around but no sign of a body :(

Oh no. I'm really sorry to read this aonb. I know you absolutely dote on her. How long has she been missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Im so upset

I wouldn’t overly worry yet. There’s a moon, better weather, cats like to roam. My very spoilt house cat used to go missing for days, even weeks when she was younger. She still goes missing for a few days occasionally.

I think you had her neutered, if I remember? If not, she could be avoiding a male who’s annoying her.

She knows how to get her needs met with you now, I’m sure she’ll be back!

Thanks Fakediamond and Builebeag - I really really hope she does come back - Im so fond of her and shes really come on so far from the miserable sick little scared scrap - I feel like Ive really invested so much in her - more so than my other cat even - and shes become so loving and 'happy' - its just that shes never done this before - but as you say, hopefully shes just gone for a wander. Yes shes neutered but we dont have any visiting cats I think. Just have to keep hoping...

• Advertisement

Thanks Fakediamond and Builebeag - I really really hope she does come back - Im so fond of her and shes really come on so far from the miserable sick little scared scrap - I feel like Ive really invested so much in her - more so than my other cat even - and shes become so loving and 'happy' - its just that shes never done this before - but as you say, hopefully shes just gone for a wander. Yes shes neutered but we dont have any visiting cats I think. Just have to keep hoping...

I had a feral kitten I had raised who started going missing for 2 weeks at a time. Always came back. Maybe at this time of year there is more to eat out there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement