Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

How are all your pets holding up in the weather? Let peach and cream out for 10 minutes (supervised) to do their business at 6am, ran straight back in as soon as they were done. Poor Moose has never experienced a storm before so he’s going a little nuts and driving everyone insane

Bella can't understand why things that don't usually move are swaying around and randomly barks every now and again. Not so bad at the minute, the two of them just stop every now and again to listen to the different sounds. Have kongs in the freezer so I'll bring out the big guns if needed. I'd love to know what is in the air that they keep sniffing at, or is it just that normal smells are being carried further on the wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jess is asleep on her blanket. Zero fooks to be given about outside :)

My dogs have been really calm since last night. But like unnaturally calm. My terrier is usually a terrorist but hes been very subdued. They don't seem nervous. Just quiet and vigilant.

We took them to the beach yesterday hoping to give them a good run since they wouldnt be getting out today. No such luck, covered in portugese man o wars.

Cats are a bit put out with all the noise and leaves and things flying about the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

My GSD is licking the wardrobe doors and the little guys are asleep on the stairs. No-one has noticed anything yet. :P

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

My dog just got a bit disgruntled that we didn't go out for An Adventure. But she enjoyed the extra cuddles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Mine mostly slept through it, one cat wailed to go out a bit, let her out about 6 yesterday evening as it was calming down and she was doing my head in. All went out to toilet and came back pretty quick. Took dogs for walk around 7, still windy and wet. Then the power went so we all went to bed. Ran out the door this morning when sun was shining, dogs had a great walk, bouncy and zooming about, then little dog rolled in fox poo, so all back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It wasn't too bad in Dublin. Finn couldn't have given a toss about the weather. He's pretty rock solid inside, it's the outside word that's scarey. He even snoozed through a load of DIY in the living room.

I really need to sort out this cooking for one thing. I made mulligatawny soup, forgot daughters in college, had a bowl for lunch and one for dinner, dogs had a bit(and Jake the cat, who in his old age will eat anything) and there's 4 more servings in the fridge!
    Also I'd say I'm saving a fortune in food, but I'm spending the savings on her college expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Well Milo finally got his stitches out yesterday and he's doing well! It's about a 2 inch wound so I'm hoping it won't leave too big a scar! Got chatting to the vet who is sure it was just a fatty cyst but did say they can come back unfortunately :(

Also, is it too early to ask about the secret santa thread for 2017 and when it's happening! ?! :D

jellybear wrote: »
    Well Milo finally got his stitches out yesterday and he's doing well! It's about a 2 inch wound so I'm hoping it won't leave too big a scar! Got chatting to the vet who is sure it was just a fatty cyst but did say they can come back unfortunately :(

Also, is it too early to ask about the secret santa thread for 2017 and when it's happening! ?! :D

Thats great news Jellybear. Delighted to hear your vet is confident it was just a fatty cyst.

Funny you should say that, I was just wondering the same thing today! Think I'll just enter our cat Oscar as it's his first Christmas ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yoooo glad Milo is on the mend - great to not have stitches to mind!

We've had a busy week!! Lucy has been very sick with an upset tummy. Up getting sick all tues night/wed morning and rushed to the vet on wed. They agreed to give the anti nausea shots and let me watch her rather than admit straight away but if she wasn't eating by thurs morning she'd have to be admitted, she ate a few pieces of broken up treat on thurs but was miserable again by the evening so back to the vets - she perked up a little before we went and yesterday morning took some Liga soaked in milk - i have NO IDEA what made me get it lol but the dogs are all going mad for it lol! Yesterday evening she woo'd when I came home was much brighter in the park and even had a small supper - we were frozen to the spot afraid to disturb her :p And today she's had two small meals from her bowl, played with her toys and played with my friend's dog in the park.
    I've just ordered booties for Bailey - 3 different sizes to try lol. Has tissue growth from arthritis in two toes - like wispy strands coming out of the bone and this could be what's causing his pain so we're going to try a boot/shoe to see if it helps cushion it!
    I've got a cold/sinus infection so we're all having a rest after being drowned this morning!! I was in 32 degree heat on my hols and perished back in Ireland lol! :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Glad to hear Lucy feeling better.
    How will Bailey react to booties?!?! :D
    Liga soaked in milk for dogs - OMG theres a thought! Pretty high in sugar I would have thought, but ok to give? Good for sick tummies? Good for just tempting a dog to eat? (I can imagine the lovely gooey mess of it on hairy snouts:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Good luck with the booties, we got one for Bella as the pad on one of her paws had shrivelled and was sensitive, I'm assuming from when she wasn't using it after her op. I slowly introduced it but the first time I actually closed it she touched it off the ground, stuck her leg out behind her and gave a fair few kicks. Poor hoops happened to be standing in the firing line! She's been doing good with it since and it's great because I've only got three paws to dry instead of four when we come in.

aonb wrote: »
    Glad to hear Lucy feeling better.
    How will Bailey react to booties?!?! :D
    Liga soaked in milk for dogs - OMG theres a thought! Pretty high in sugar I would have thought, but ok to give? Good for sick tummies? Good for just tempting a dog to eat? (I can imagine the lovely gooey mess of it on hairy snouts:D)

lol well all she'd eat was these ostrich/kanagroo biscuits from MaxiZoo that I didn't think were much better - i figured at least the liga/rusk had some vitamins thrown in! :p:p The rusks are reduced sugar - i'm assuming the liga is packed full of it with the dog's reactions. I petted my friend's dog for the first time ever - must be in 5 years? Normally she does her own thing but was over begging off me and wagging her tail lol :pac:
    He's had booties/bandages on before and usually fine!

I so want some liga now! :D:D

I forgot to say - Bailey = typical man! When she was getting sick on Tues he left the room and went into the kitchen.. and slept in there all night! :p

Had Tiffi at the vet yesterday for the same thing tk, vomiting since Thursday am, off her food Friday completely (she's never off her food) and very lethargic, thankfully no temp, so she got 4 shots, to help with cramps and discomfort, vitamin shot to help perk her up, and antibiotic just in case. Got a few days tablets too, but she ate her dinner last night, just a small dinner but she woke me up for breakfast at 7.30this morning.

Ah poor thing!! Lucy is back to normal thank god. Even barked at her bowl asking for some breakfast this morning! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Watch this space ;)

Watch this space ;)

Yipeeeeee!! :D

• Advertisement

Had an awful 24hrs, came home yesterday to find Oliver opened the cupboard and stole a bar of dark chocolate. He'd eaten over half of the 200g bar, and was trembling and very agitated, called the vet and rushed him over there.
    They made him vomit and some of it came up, then he had to stay in on meds and fluids.
    He was a very happy boy when I picked him up this evening, he's two sore legs from ripping drips out and upset belly, but otherwise fine, thankfully.
    Most expensive bar of chocolate ever!

Awh guys poor Milo is in the wars! After having his stitches removed on Friday he's developed a large lump, about the size of a golf ball, where the incision was made. I brought him to the vets on Tuesday and he got anti inflammatories but the lump has gotten bigger and looks very....strange! The incision mark is now a purple/red colour so we think it's fluid build up. He's going into the vets tomorrow to have it looked at and if it's fluid it'll be drained via a small incision. My poor little man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh no, poor Milo! :(

Just home from a 4 am visit to the vets!! The lump started weeping and wouldn't stop...and I'm up for work in an hour...ugh!!

Just home from a 4 am visit to the vets!! The lump started weeping and wouldn't stop...and I'm up for work in an hour...ugh!!

Oh no you poor thing. Is Milo ok?

Ah poor Milo and you! Terrible when you're up all night - it doesn't hit you for hours later! Last week I was up all night with Lucy then on the way to Bailey's checkup it hit me and by the time it was over I was ready for a nap!

Awh I'm shattered!! Just in from work. My mam stayed with him for the day and he's still very groggy and is finding it hard to settle :( I'm off work for a week now so plenty of rest for both of us :)

One of my boys decided tonight would be a good night to rip his nail completely out. Thanks, bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh, that made me shiver - painful!

• Advertisement

Surprisingly there wasn't a peep out of him when he was outside, he just came trotting in leaving bloody pawprints everywhere. The pupper seems to be finding it hard to sleep, I bet his paw is throbbing. :( We'll be at the vet first thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement