Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Wow I didn't know cats would steal kittens like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

tk123 wrote: »
    Wow I didn't know cats would steal kittens like that!

They have a whole load of cats around that they're gradually getting neutered, the one she stole the kittens from was her daughter! :pac: She would have been due her kittens around the time they were born so I guess she thought they were her own, they had to be bottle raised for a while but about a week after stealing them she even started producing her own milk! It was all a very strange situation!

They have a whole load of cats around that they're gradually getting neutered, the one she stole the kittens from was her daughter! :pac: She would have been due her kittens around the time they were born so I guess she thought they were her own, they had to be bottle raised for a while but about a week after stealing them she even started producing her own milk! It was all a very strange situation!

WOW! :D

Pi$$ed off - ordered meat for the doggies and it never bloody came! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Toby casually strolled in at 10am, not a bit hungry after having been out all night. I take it he had bed and breakfast at his back up house.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well Elly is not impressed at all after being spayed yesterday.

Trying to keep a collie quiet and relaxed for the next 7 days will be challenging! She hates the collar of course and is just wandering around aimlessly at the minute.

Not too bothered about food yet, but is drinking and weeing okay, no poos yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I got one of those automatic feeders so that I can leave the cat home if I go away for a night without having to pay a cat sitter. Tried it out this morning and managed to sleep in for the first time in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I got one of those automatic feeders so that I can leave the cat home if I go away for a night without having to pay a cat sitter. Tried it out this morning and managed to sleep in for the first time in months.

Which one do you have? We are thinking of getting one for Princess Foxy, the feline alarm clock, but worried it's a bit gimmicky.

Little madam is proud of herself; not only can she now jump on top of the stair case to show off her balancing skills but she has also discovered that some of the spindles are loose, so banging the hell out of them at durnie will wake up the house and provide an audience when we come running to investigate said racket (at which stage she promptly adopts her most innocent 'who, me?' pose)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Which one do you have? We are thinking of getting one for Princess Foxy, the feline alarm clock, but worried it's a bit gimmicky.

I got this one. As the top review says it is a little flimsy, and he did drag it all over the place trying to get to the food the night before, so I might suggest getting a sturdier one. But when I woke up this morning (several hours later than usual!) it seemed to have worked just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Was talking to my Gran again today after giving her cat and kittens, she is so delighted with them! Any time she goes out to the shed they're in to settle in to the area the 'mother' cat is straight up weaving around her legs looking for loads of rubs and attention! I'm so delighted she actually has a pet cat now rather than a farm cat, the company is great for her :D

Jazzy decided to curl up on my shoulder when I was in bed. He managed to maneuver himself so that his head and bottom were tucked under my chin, all a far cry from the terrified feral kitten that showed up 6 years ago. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I think this may be the oddest post I'll make here......eh this evening I found Kovu out the field licking one of the cattle Hi-Mag licks. I presume it won't hurt him???

Is there any mineral that cats are susceptible to poisoning from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Kovu wrote: »
    I think this may be the oddest post I'll make here......eh this evening I found Kovu out the field licking one of the cattle Hi-Mag licks. I presume it won't hurt him???

Is there any mineral that cats are susceptible to poisoning from?

I grew up on a farm and the cats were all obsessed with the iodine licks. Never seemed to hurt them. I've tried giving my pet cat seaweed to eat and he goes demented for it so maybe it's the salt. His fur is lovely.
    (seaweed as an odd treat, like. Those dried sheets of Nori. Seriously Google 'Cat eating seaweed, it's hilarious.)

Hmmm that's not so bad then. I've no problem with him doing it if it's not going to harm him. Just looked bloody odd, this big lump of a leggy cat half way into a bucket and a big brown molasses nose on him.

We were exhausted last night so went to bed at 10 and it confused the bejesus out of the cats. They genuinely had a :confused::confused::confused: look on their faces and didn't quite know what was going on. Usually Felix will bump Mr P out off his spot on the sofa by sticking his head in behind his back, forcing him to move, then Jazzy will arrive and start staring at him at the other end of the sofa so he moves again and sits on the smaller sofa while they hog the one we sit on, I'm usually in bed earlier. :D

We met a tiny pup on the way to the park this morning - Bailey paid him no attention but Lucy stopped to sniff noses with him he rubbed his face against hers lol!! The whole pup was smaller than Lucy's head! :pac:

Well Elly is adapting well to the dreaded cone!

I on the other hand, hate the b#@#@y thing! I'm covered in bruises on the back of my legs!

Any suggestions to make it less sharp???
    Other than wearing shin pads the other way round :-P

Does she need it? I just put a tshirt on Lucy and made sure it covered the stitches

I was wondering that alright, it's just she has stitches on her back paws as well from the dew claws removal. Would prefer not to have to dress them though!

We he have an inflatable collar - originally bought for Bailey's leg operations but has been used more by Lucy girl for eye infections, hot spots and at night when she was spayed. Very handy and she seems to love it - its like a neck cushion for her lol! :D

We just tried her with a t-shirt - it was hilarious 😂
    She hated it, totally went into shut down. Cowering between my legs until I took it off! Can't afford an inflatable collar and it wouldn't really stop her getting at her legs either.

Oh well, will just have to deal with bruises until Monday,..

• Advertisement

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Well Elly is adapting well to the dreaded cone!

I on the other hand, hate the b#@#@y thing! I'm covered in bruises on the back of my legs!

Any suggestions to make it less sharp???
    Other than wearing shin pads the other way round :-P

When Felix had to where one my husband lined the edges with surgical tape we bought in the chemist, it's just a roll of tape that costs about 4 euro from any chemist. It comes in various widths as well. He also cut a bit off the cone to make it shorter as it didn't need to be so huge.

I must experiment this evening when I get in to see if I can fashion some kind of bumper for it!

Another boring day ahead, I'm a reader / superintendent for the junior cert for the next couple of weeks - happy days!

It was a long night with Felix. He arrived into our room at 2am and decided that Toby shouldn't be on our bed, so he was looking for a chance to leap on him and I had to turn on the lamp to keep an eye on him and his huffing noises. Toby was flitting between anxiety about Felix and sprawling on the bed winding him up.:rolleyes: So I ended up sitting on the floor for a bit trying to settle Felix and ended up having to pick Toby up and carry him downstairs while he made huffing noises. Honestly, it's like having toddlers not cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Back to reality, I've been in England for the last two weeks, I had a stand at the British Sleddog Activities fun weekend, then stayed on for the Huskies in Need charity AGM and camp. I may also have had a significant birthday and partied a little bit. I had a fantastic time, but was very strange to be without dogs for so long, picked them all up from the kennels yesterday, and am feeling very loved, lots of doggy licks and cuddles. Not too happy to be back to the rain though!!

Just tried to rescue a shrew from Kovu and it chittered at me and then bit me. So I yelled, swung my arm back from under the car, shew hanging off my finger and Kovu attacked my arm :pac:
    This is what he's been licking at. Any harm to him? Apart from making him more bonkers than usual.

GkA28Ayl.jpg?2

I've had collies before but I've never had one as mental as Elly is!

We're supposed to be keeping her calm, no jumping up or walks etc until she gets her stitches out.
    Ha!
    In the last hour she managed to leap the fence in the garden when my back was turned for a second. She fought with Tara and tormented her by pushing her cone into her. She ran round the house like a lunatic crashing into everything...

Glad I'm not taking her to get the stitches out, wouldn't be able to keep a straight face if they ask if she was kept quiet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

It was a long night with Felix. He arrived into our room at 2am and decided that Toby shouldn't be on our bed, so he was looking for a chance to leap on him and I had to turn on the lamp to keep an eye on him and his huffing noises. Toby was flitting between anxiety about Felix and sprawling on the bed winding him up.:rolleyes: So I ended up sitting on the floor for a bit trying to settle Felix and ended up having to pick Toby up and carry him downstairs while he made huffing noises. Honestly, it's like having toddlers not cats.

You are a very very very sad cat slave :D

(Tux comes in our bedroom window PROMPTLY at 11pm every night - a couple hours earlier she has been allowed out for a wander after her "first supper" - she leaps from the windowsill onto the bed, and plants herself on my chest for stroking and scratches - but since Im NOT a sad cat slave like you, I promptly pick her up and off she goes for "second supper" & bed :D - course the fact that I have to be woken up at 11 every night to bring her off to her "bedroom" doesnt make me a cat slave at all - or that I give her TWO suppers!!!!!!)

aonb wrote: »
    You are a very very very sad cat slave :D

(Tux comes in our bedroom window PROMPTLY at 11pm every night - a couple hours earlier she has been allowed out for a wander after her "first supper" - she leaps from the windowsill onto the bed, and plants herself on my chest for stroking and scratches - but since Im NOT a sad cat slave like you, I promptly pick her up and off she goes for "second supper" & bed :D - course the fact that I have to be woken up at 11 every night to bring her off to her "bedroom" doesnt make me a cat slave at all - or that I give her TWO suppers!!!!!!)

It was that or let him leap on Toby which would have led to a massive fight, abcesses and probably about 100 euro at the vets, getting bugger all sleep was the cheaper trade off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I really, really want a puppy. But unfortunately I have to be all responsible and stuff and wait for a few months until I have my other money intensive project finished first. Bah!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ruby is missing for two days, my daughter is beside herself, we've walked roads and checked ditches, put up posters, rang vets, asked around local houses, but not a sign of her.
    I keep all the cats in at night, but she didn't come in Tuesday night and I'm losing hope now. She never misses a meal, and never stays out.
    Other cats are bawling at us too, really worried now. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement