Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

- and I lost my dogs!.
    :eek: Oh janey, the panic of that is dreadful isnt it. So glad you got them back safe.
    ppink wrote: »
    I picked up little flashing lights that attached to their collars to stop me freaking out when walking the fields in the dark. One quick scan and you can see all their locations. the whistle is great for getting attention asap though.or a packet of tayto can be heard from a good distance too;)
    Was just going to suggest the same. Use the flashing led lights on their collars along with a high viz jacket too.
    9L65XC.jpg

I used to mind 2 red setters and when it was dark running around our local park it was like watching 2 little glo-bugs floating around with their flashing collars. Very easy to keep track of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Cat's in the vet overnight after getting in a fight with a wild cat. The wound lead to an absess swelling her eye closed, absess then burst which above anything else not very nice to see. All this happened within 48 hours.
    She's now had the wound drained & clean but the skin around it had died so had to be cut away leaving a large open wound which the vet said was best not to stitch.
    Getting sick of this wild cat now, it injured the dog last time, now the cat!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I posted a pic in the photo thread before of my dog squeezed into my knitting basket. Though it was waaayy too small for her and there were needles sticking into her she had to be dragged out of there.
    Well todays bed of choice.... the toy box :confused:

989AD556E7164C2EACEB5CD6CAAB2ED0-0000331913-0002673077-00500L-476A7EAF89E44F889FED58928FD0E7B6.jpg

She stayed in there for 20 minutes :confused:
    Night before last she curled up on top of the hoover and some shoes.
    A lot of the time she chooses shopping bags over her nice soft bed(s). If I have left a bag full of other bags in the hallway after shopping she will pull them all out til she find the most comfortable one.
    Strange strange dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

You know there's something not quite right when you realise that you spend more money on food for your pets than you do on yourself, and that your pets eat a hell of a lot healthier than you do! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Well it has just been pointed out to me how obsessed with my dogs I am! I got an amazon vOucher and spent it on dog books... When my dad asked me what I want for Christmas I asked for money to get decent footwear for doing agility and then when when my daughter asked me I selected some long sleeve tops that I can put a jacket over to keep warm again for agility :o

Hhmm just as well it's a reasonably healthy and very fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hehe I'm watching javari (amazon's shoe shop) like a hawk for new dog walking runners! :D

tk123 wrote: »
    Hehe I'm watching javari (amazon's shoe shop) like a hawk for new dog walking runners! :D

I can't buy shoes online :( got nerve damage In my foot due to a spinal injury a few years ago so have to spend ages trying shoes on and walking round in them annoying my daughter no end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

babysitting a hamster for Santa. Damn those wheels are noisy!

zuroph wrote: »
    babysitting a hamster for Santa. Damn those wheels are noisy!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Spinner-Hamster-Wheel-Regular/dp/B004B9CSMY ;) From experience it works very well! Get the biggest one available if you/santa is getting one.

yeah, she plans to swap the wheel out for the silent one ASAP, this just came with the set. I think the little thing is training for a marathon, only stopping to go get some water then straight back to the wheel! Crazy!

• Advertisement

yeah, she plans to swap the wheel out for the silent one ASAP, this just came with the set. I think the little thing is training for a marathon, only stopping to go get some water then straight back to the wheel! Crazy!

There mad little yokes alright, could never tempt any of mine to run like that on a wheel, some took little notions sometimes (like one night where one hamster had the whole house up in the middle of the night trying to figure out what was about to blow up with all the squeaking and creaking :D) but overall none of them ever seemed to like the wheel. She's doing right by getting rid of the other wheel asap, nearly all wheels that come with cages are too small. Is it the bigger syrian kind or the smaller dwarf hamsters?

I set up an account with a photo website and I can't remember which one, it's not photobucket (well I have a photobucket account but I set up another one with a different website), thought it was flickr but it seems it's not because my login won't work. So what other photo websites are there that it could be? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

snapfish(or something)? imageshack?

imageshack?

Thats the one! Thanks!

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Happy holidays everyone :)

Anybody know if vets will take back unused (and unopened of course) food? I've just found a bag of RC sensitivity under the bed of all places lol! I got it a few months ago when he had a gastro bug but never used it. Only thing is I can't remember if I got it at the vets or online - i did get one from them first.. He's due his KC vaccination in a few weeks so i'd be handy if I could get credit for the food?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have returned food to vets that I didn't need (ended up changing food to another one due to health problems) and they took it back without any problems. I rang them up before hand and asked if they would take it back and the nurse said that if it wasn't open or damaged (the bag) then it would be fine. Worth a shot!

Dexter back from a nice grooming session, all clean and fluffy....straight through the biggest puddle he could find in the garden. :rolleyes: muddy paws can be dried I guess :p

I have returned food to vets that I didn't need (ended up changing food to another one due to health problems) and they took it back without any problems. I rang them up before hand and asked if they would take it back and the nurse said that if it wasn't open or damaged (the bag) then it would be fine. Worth a shot!

Thanks! I'll give them a call and see what they say. They owe me a fav anyways - I let them keep the splint we got down in Cork lol :pac::pac:

Happy new year!

• Advertisement

Happy new year everyone! We all got excited earlier when we put up the new calendar lol - with an X for when Bailey can go off his lead in a couple of weeks - we're almost there!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Happy new year!

Nice timing! :D

GFs daughters hamster died. :( never really settled in from day one, gonna replace tomorrow. trying to find a quiet warm corner in the house for it to settle in is tricky.

GFs daughters hamster died. :( never really settled in from day one, gonna replace tomorrow. trying to find a quiet warm corner in the house for it to settle in is tricky.

Sorry to hear that, such stoic little things they are that rarely show signs of illness. :(

had a feeling it was coming, spotted her "sleeping" in her food bowl yesterday. had stopped exercising a few days ago. The daughter has been told she's sick and might have to go to the pet shop to get better and that we'll get a new one to mind instead. poor thing, one of her goldfish went yesterday!

Well my girls are earning their keep, over the past few weeks they have caught and killed 2 huge rats :(

There is a ditch at the back of our garden and they come from there ... Horrible things :eek:

had a feeling it was coming, spotted her "sleeping" in her food bowl yesterday. had stopped exercising a few days ago. The daughter has been told she's sick and might have to go to the pet shop to get better and that we'll get a new one to mind instead. poor thing, one of her goldfish went yesterday!

How old is the child? Personally, I find the truth is always better, the death of a pet (imo) is one of the most important parts of pet ownership for kids. Its important how it is dealt with as it allows the child to develop some understanding of bereavement and sets them up for when the time comes that they loose a member of their human family. Don't make it disappear - have a funeral and give her a 'proper' send off, everyone can say their goodbyes and what a good hamster she was ;)

How old is the child? Personally, I find the truth is always better, the death of a pet (imo) is one of the most important parts of pet ownership for kids. Its important how it is dealt with as it allows the child to develop some understanding of bereavement and sets them up for when the time comes that they loose a member of their human family. Don't make it disappear - have a funeral and give her a 'proper' send off, everyone can say their goodbyes and what a good hamster she was ;)

see we would have, but the hamster was there a week, we didnt want her to think it was her fault, and we had a funeral for the goldfish. So we explained that she was sick and that we needed to be very good about cleaning the cage and taking care of the new one so that she didnt get sick too. Child is 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Well my girls are earning their keep, over the past few weeks they have caught and killed 2 huge rats :(

There is a ditch at the back of our garden and they come from there ... Horrible things :eek:

Go on the jackers! I have a very good ratter here and she seems to be passing on her trade to Little Dude

• Advertisement

On our walk this morning..guy being dragged along by small rat-type dog as my boy walks beautifully on his lead (yaay - cos we did a lot of training on this early last year).... Ratty dog strains to see him so we both pause to let them greet each other and it growls and goes to snap the face off my poor baba...He recoils and looks all confused as to what happened and the other guy pulls his dog back and walks on telling her she's ok..:confused: Why would you let your dog greet another dog if you thought it could snap - especially if your dog is no bigger than the other dogs head?! :confused:

Anyhoos - no rats for us thank god!! Thou he did roll in a dead one on a walk one morning last year - all I could do was get him into the river for a quick wash off and wait until I got home from work to scrub him. I had a pain in my stomach for HOURS thinking of it lol! :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement