Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

For anyone going to the pet expo this year, there's going to be a TICA cat show at it :) Entries are still open if anyone wants to enter a kitty! Unfortunately we won't be there as Peach and Cream don't really like TICA and Dude isn't able to show anymore, but I think it's a nice addition to the pet expo, especially for those disappointed with the lack of cats last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

For anyone going to the pet expo this year, there's going to be a TICA cat show at it :) Entries are still open if anyone wants to enter a kitty! Unfortunately we won't be there as Peach and Cream don't really like TICA and Dude isn't able to show anymore, but I think it's a nice addition to the pet expo, especially for those disappointed with the lack of cats last year!

Meh don't know if I'll go again... Although my trip last year was marred by a very rude person...who's business has since gone bust so serves them right! haha :p:pac::p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

tk123 wrote: »
    Meh don't know if I'll go again... Although my trip last year was marred by a very rude person...who's business has since gone bust so serves them right! haha :p:pac::p:pac:

Oh I'm so Nosey!!
    The frustration of living with someone who ignores the dogs when they're not behaving.

DBB gave me some great advice to help with Harleys excessive person licking. He's doing brilliantly with me, the odd slip up but only when he's really excited, and I can see him check himself now :) little sweetie.

I walked into sittin room to find my husband sitting there ignoring while harley air licked all around him, right up in his face. Apparently he won't stop and it's in his nature and it makes no difference to try train him out of it. Aargh - stoooopid other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Never give up trying to train a husband Whispered. Eventually you will win!!!

(May have read your post wrong:D:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Layinghen wrote: »
    Never give up trying to train a husband Whispered. Eventually you will win!!!

(May have read your post wrong:D:D)

I can't seem to teach mine that giving Felix a small piece of chicken is actually a small single piece of chicken, not a small handful of chicken, then again he's not the one who takes him to the vet for boosters and ear checks and gets the lectures on his weight.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I can't seem to teach mine that giving Felix a small piece of chicken is actually a small single piece of chicken, not a small handful of chicken, then again he's not the one who takes him to the vet for boosters and ear checks and gets the lectures on his weight.:rolleyes:

We might get a good price on e-collars for them if we buy them together :pac:

I got two lovely cozy throws in Homestore at lunchtime. The same as one I got last year... and promptly kept for myself instead of letting the dogs rob it lol!! These ones will be kept for the humans too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

tk123 wrote: »
    I got two lovely cozy throws in Homestore at lunchtime. The same as one I got last year... and promptly kept for myself instead of letting the dogs rob it lol!! These ones will be kept for the humans too :p

Lovely! How much are they right now? I bought one in Penneys for €6 at the weekend and was just reminding myself to get another.

Do Homestore still have dog beds too? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Well, little-dog deserves a reward. She's just spotted that the freezer was iced up and leaking! A cosy new blanket is on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I've agreed to take on four Foster kittens Sunday. What have I let myself in for?! :D

Mr Pumpkinseeds finished night shift this morning and Toby has been keeping me company on the bed most nights. He's gotten into the habit of snuggling up with my feet.:) Mr P has a weeks holiday now so Felix will be delighted but will be insufferably huffy when the holiday is over.

3 horses stepped out in front of the car this morning - 3!!!! :mad:

I'm hoping my local rescue will be able to help me with a cat I've seen in the apartment complex where Poppy found us last year. I saw a cat about a week ago coming up from a cafe and limping a bit, I didn't think much of it other than he/she was belonged to someone and just outdoors for a bit, it was dark so I didn't get a great look at him. Anyways, this evening I was passing the shopping centre and he dashed across the road from Dunnes and into the apartment complex almost getting hit along the way. I had to stop walking as he froze looked at me and at an oncoming car trying to decide which was the biggest threat.

Poor cat is filthy and still carrying one of his back legs.:( This cat is the image of a kitten that I know belonged to a specific flat near where Poppy was living rough and he's probably the same cat. I think that he must be desperate to be taking such a big risk going across a busy road at peak shopping time to scavenge food. I've been in touch with the rescue and hopefully they'll be able to trap him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

was sitting playing in the window with new kitten, looked out when kitten froze and FIVE cats trooped down our driveway!!! 3 adults, 1 teenager and 1 kitten :eek: Went out in the car this a.m and a tiny black kitten dashed across the road :eek: All feral! Poor little cats :( There are so many about at the moment its just horrifying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

<snip>

My idiot neighbours who let their dog run loose in the village (tried to bite me a few times) just got a new kitten. It can't be more than 6 months old so it shouldn't be out alone anyway, it's been at our house all day annoying the cats and dogs. I fed our cats and the poor little thing was starving so I gave it a bit to eat, it hasn't gone home all day nor have its owners came looking for it. There's no point in me bringing it back to their house as it'll only follow me back home. I don't want it thinking it can eat here as bad as that sounds, I just can't afford another mouth to feed!

Dropped Lucy into the vets to be spayed. Her little face looking out the window at me wondering what was going on!! :o ... Although she was doing her best to get to the toy on top of the crate in their halloween display moments before so hopefully she'll settle lol!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Good luck Lucy!

New cat was still outide our house at 2am screeching! It must have finally went home as its not here this morning. Poor vogue was tormented by it all day yesterday, even when she was Inside she could hear it!

OOOOps!!! She got up on the couch already(!):eek:

326906.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aww bless :o
    Good to see her home though :)

• Advertisement

DBB wrote: »
    Aww bless :o
    Good to see her home though :)

Odd going into the back of the vets to find my dog fast asleep in the crate - instead of practically jumping into my arms to be taken home! She had the vet bed pushed to one side like she does here lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Fire is lighting, all the cats and dogs are snoozing, and my daughter has gone out to a party as Ms. Death (dog was a bit unsure of her skull makeup).
    I have peace and quiet, remote to myself for the evening. :)

Until I have to find my way back to the very remote, half way up the mountain, party house I dropped daughter at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

mymo wrote: »
    Fire is lighting, all the cats and dogs are snoozing, and my daughter has gone out to a party as Ms. Death (dog was a bit unsure of her skull makeup).
    I have peace and quiet, remote to myself for the evening. :)

Until I have to find my way back to the very remote, half way up the mountain, party house I dropped daughter at.

Oh I remember those days, being all cosy for the night, and then having to go out to collect kids from various places. Funny that I don't miss that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Having an argument here about the law, is it true if a dog bites somebody on your private property, for example your house, you can't legally be forced to put it down? Is that true?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Having an argument here about the law, is it true if a dog bites somebody on your private property, for example your house, you can't legally be forced to put it down? Is that true?

Not necessarily true.
    If a dog bites you, regardless of location, and you decide to pursue it, it *could* end up being put to sleep by a court ruling.
    But, there are potentially a lot of steps before that stage, depending on how willing the owners are to fight their dog's case.
    None of those potential steps are affected by where it happens, although a dimmer view would be taken if the dog was in a public place and not under effectual control when the bite happened.
    However, if a trespasser on your property is bitten, and you as the owner can show that all reasonable steps had been taken to avoid a person legally on your property getting bitten, then it's a civil case of trespasser vs you, and they have to prove negligence.

Edited to add: herecs a link to the relevant legislation:
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1986/en/act/pub/0032/sec0021.html#sec2

Poor Dude is full of antibiotic, metacam, slathered in sudacrem and on cage rest. It's awful when he has a bladder infection as his incontinence gets worse and he ends up with scald, though this is his first antibiotic since June, so at least we have a bit of progress compared to him having to get them every 2 weeks at the start of the year :)

Poor Dude is full of antibiotic, metacam, slathered in sudacrem and on cage rest. It's awful when he has a bladder infection as his incontinence gets worse and he ends up with scald, though this is his first antibiotic since June, so at least we have a bit of progress compared to him having to get them every 2 weeks at the start of the year :)

Ahh no, poor little guy.:( He must be feeling awful. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Ah he'll be right as rain in no time he's currently tucked up on my lap having a suck on his blankie :)

I just realised it was this time last year that I started the secret santa thread, is anyone else taking it on this year or would the interest be there?

Oh poor Dude!! :(

Lucy is doing fine - I haven't seen her eat so fast since she was a pup - scoffed down her meals today so must have been starving! She was crying when I took Bailey out for a walk this morning - but I don't know if she was missing him or just wanted her brekkie lol! She's snoozing all day which she'd be doing anways lol so not much of an adjustment for her. :p. She has a patch covering the wound so we haven't seen it yet but her shaved tummy is perfect - compared to poor Bailey's when he was shaved so no hassle of having to rub cream etc in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Poor wee Dude!

I've been thinking about secret santa a lot lately! I know it's kind of early but whenever I see a cool toy or treat I make a mental note for when (if???) it rolls around again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement