Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Who did you order from Sarannewrap? I've made booboos on zooplus orders before, but called their helpline to cancel the order, no problems. But you have to do it quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

DBB wrote: »
    Who did you order from Sarannewrap? I've made booboos on zooplus orders before, but called their helpline to cancel the order, no problems. But you have to do it quickly!

I didn't realise until it had arrived so not really an option now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I didn't realise until it had arrived so not really an option now!

No, I don't suppose it is! :D
    That's an awful pain :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Anyone looking to buy a load of bozita dog food by any chance? We accidentally ordered dog food instead of cat food :(

It looks like a reasonable food. Lot of wheat though? Her royal fussy-puppness is still on junior food or I might've taken a bag off your hands. Perhaps let us know which one you've ended up with and someone might snap it up? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't know how we did it. Blaming extremely tiredness coupled with a very slow laptop that wouldn't translate from German

Would they let you exchange it? We ordered the Royal Canin calm for dogs by mistake once and they arranged for collection from us and did a swap. It might be worth asking them, nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Back from holidays and have decided never to take 2 weeks holidays together again. Whatever about the dogs pining for us, we really pined for them! Even though I'd taken a good few videos beforehand so I'd have them on my phone to watch whenever I got a bit lonely for them! And it didn't help that we didn't meet many dogs on holidays, normally I will approach people with dogs and get my "fix" of rubs and kisses, but I barely met any, except a fab little dog in the US dog shop (the one that sells the freedom harnesses) who gave me lots of hugs and kisses :)

Would they let you exchange it? We ordered the Royal Canin calm for dogs by mistake once and they arranged for collection from us and did a swap. It might be worth asking them, nothing to lose.

Yeah I emailed them earlier to ask if any chance I could swap it. It wouldnt be so bad if it was just a normal order but I ordered extra for my mam who is taking the found kitten on Monday. Absolute nightmare! Its a good thing I still have about 20 cans left in the shed from my last order :pac:

Dubl07 wrote: »
    It looks like a reasonable food. Lot of wheat though? Her royal fussy-puppness is still on junior food or I might've taken a bag off your hands. Perhaps let us know which one you've ended up with and someone might snap it up? :pac:

Its actually the cans of it I got, these ones http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/canned_dog_food/bozita/saver_pack/154100

I got

3x Elk
    3x Rabbit
    2x Reindeer
    3x Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Sorry, Sarannewrap, our girl is on raw. Hope you can arrange something with zooplus. That is a right pain, alright.

Speaking of wheat in food though, a kid slipped Nyssa one of Maxizoo's biscuit treats when we were in there earlier. I let it pass, although of course I shouldn't have. And well, we had a little romp in a forest near us afterwards, and when she had a poop, the tail-end of it was a runny mess! She was back to normal (ie. on the very firm side) when she went after her dinner later, but needless to say, that is an experiment that won't be repeated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Phew, I have some short term foster dogs here at the moment, unfortunately I think the little girl may be pregnant, they've been sleeping out in the kennel block, as I have so many of my own in the house, and one of my own rescues didn't like her brother. Anyhoo, long story short, managed to reintroduce the two boys, no problems at all, so they can both sleep in the house from now on, where I can keep a close eye on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Roll on this day week and hopefully we'll be done with bloody fireworks...and me playing fireworks sounds all the time lol. Bailey is asleep in his kitchen crate and is happy to take treats and kongs so we've definitely made progress. I have his thundershirt on him which was kind of helping but he was still a but worried and then remembered I had calming treats/chews I got on iherb - gave him one and he was asleep within 5 mins!! I've a half day on fri after strategically doing some work from home today so will be able to get him out for a long run on Friday afternoon...before coming home to collect the baby from being spayed(!). I have visions of them trying to bring her round after the op and her lifting her head, giving a dirty look and going back asleep like what she does to us lol!!! :pac:

The cats have taken over the sofas tonight. Felix and Jazzy are next to me, bottom to bottom, probably not going to end well.:D Jazzy stole Mr Pumpkinseeds side of the sofa while he was in the kitchen, he's always waiting for the chance to nab that side of the sofa. Poppy and Toby had the other sofa but Poppy gave up her seat for Mr P.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Elly has been awake since 530! Been out several times, and I've now sacrificed a sock so she'll lie quietly for half an hour. I really don't want to get up yet, it's too dark, raining and miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I made Roisins crate up for her last night, pillows and blankets all layered nicely. Pop her in and what does she do? Climb under the whole pile :rolleyes:

Weird thing though: was laying in bed this morning with Max and Roisin having a lazy sleep in and when Roisin woke up she crawled up for hugs and Max was beside me and bit her and tried to mount her :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The dog burglar has struck again...

No cans of sardines or mackerel in spicy tomato sauce left, so he had to go for a big can of dog food.
    Pretty impressive, they are heavy, he opened the door to the food cupboard, took out the can and opened it, with just a little chewing around the lip.
    Ate half the can and went back to bed, I got up at 8am and discovered the evidence, he then had the cheek to rattle his bowl for brekkie!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

mymo wrote: »
    The dog burglar has struck again...

No cans of sardines or mackerel in spicy tomato sauce left, so he had to go for a big can of dog food.
    Pretty impressive, they are heavy, he opened the door to the food cupboard, took out the can and opened it, with just a little chewing around the lip.
    Ate half the can and went back to bed, I got up at 8am and discovered the evidence, he then had the cheek to rattle his bowl for brekkie!

baby proof the cupboard door :-)

There's a dog here this week that is able to open doors, inwards and outwards so I've been locking doors after me to make sure they don't get into the garden when I've the gate open and to prevent them getting down the hall into mischief (ie Cocos toy box of stuffed animals). But yesterday I locked myself out of the front part of the house after I locked the kitchen door behind me and went out the front door, of which we have no key for (long story). I had to climb in the bedroom vent window to get down the hall, knocking the blind off the window in the process. :o

There were loads of broken biscuits in the park today...the dogs were on lead so weren't able to eat them. 15 mins later I had them off lead in the river on the other side of the park when Bailey swam across the river, ran up and ate all the biscuits, ran came back down the hill, crossed the weir and came back to us like nothing happened! :pac:

Meanwhile Lucy rolled in bird poo in the park to get the smell of vinegar/shampoo mix I'd used earlier after she rolled this morning in the dunes. I can't wait to wash that dirty collar and harness this week - once she's spayed she won't be allowed of lead and roll in anything to make them dirty again lol! I may even give her a wash some evening too lol!! :p

baby proof the cupboard door :-)

Tried that, he made so much noise rattling the door, cat went to investigate, gave him a fright (we think) chairs were knocked, yelps and meow/yowls ensued, it was total chaos!

Also apparently the the catches were faulty, broke off in my daughters hand...she's not responsible, it's not that she couldn't work them and pulled the door too hard, it was poor manufacturing and my poor workmanship!

mymo wrote: »
    Tried that, he made so much noise rattling the door, cat went to investigate, gave him a fright (we think) chairs were knocked, yelps and meow/yowls ensued, it was total chaos!

Also apparently the the catches were faulty, broke off in my daughters hand...she's not responsible, it's not that she couldn't work them and pulled the door too hard, it was poor manufacturing and my poor workmanship!

Erm, difficult household you have there by the sound rolleyes.png

Might directing you to this post be of any help?

Edited to add: Or is there no way he can sleep in a different room from all the temptation? It does sound as though you are just posing him a welcome night-time challenge right now :P

Poor Tara's not feeling the best today. She got sick this morning and didn't want her breakfast, although she ate a slice of ham no problem. She's sat on my knee at the minute having cuddles. Think a trip to the vet tomorrow might be on the cards if she's not feeling any better.

• Advertisement

Ferretone, it doesn't happen often, I have dry food in a large locked food bin.
    He sleeps upstairs, but can creep around due to no doors and funny layout of house.

He's just a thief, he steals all kinds of stuff, not just food, socks, slippers, dustpan brushes, hair brushes, all end up hidden around the house or garden, no damage done.

But occasionally he fancies a midnight snack, past snacks have included sardines or other tinned fish, a stick of butter left on worktop, bag of frozen broccoli and a bag of Donegal catch (at different times taken from shopping bag), fajita mix, and 4sweet Romano chillies.
    We just have to be careful not to leave stuff within reach or easily accessible.

He's a cheeky little sod, but we love him.

As for the teenager.....

She'll be off to college at some stage... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Washed my two last night. Disaster. Put the puppy in the bath. Little attention seeker was terrified but didn't want to jump out because of all the attention he was getting. So he settled for laying his head on my shoulder while I half drowned myself trying to rinse him.

Then it was daddy dogs turn. Had to carry him into bath, was terrified too but got lots of kisses and hugs and talking to, so he sat down and was ok. Had to lock the puppy out because he was jealous the big dog was getting attention. He was at the bathroom door howling to get in, then off he went to get into mischief, I heard a bang and the puppy was roaring.

Had to leave Ben in the bath and go see was the puppy ok . By the time I got back to Ben, he was out of the bath and shook himself all around the bathroom. Shampoo suds everywhere and floor like a swimming pool. So I took off my clothes, got into the shower with him and rinsed him off in the shower, let him shake himself in the shower. Much better and much handier. Will be giving Ben showers in future.

Then they went and lay in front of the coal fire which dried them and we all had a lovely night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Trying to teach Alli how to open the back door to make life easier for my mam, so far Shes standing up, hitting the handle with her paw and barking at it... Getting there :pac:

I bought Alli a new plastic bed which moone has bullied her out of! So now I've to go buy moone a bed of her own. I'll have to buy her the same size one because she'll go for allis bigger one, typical terrier :o

Sounds like lots of great shenanigans have been going on in all our animal-crazy houses this bank holiday :D Ours involved our lovely, wonderful, pensioner neighbour getting back after almost 3 months holidays around Russia, China, India, and southern Africa.

Naturally she had many tales to tell, many cups of tea to drink, and a vegetarian meal to be served up to all of us by my darling husband. And of course that meant our mostly house-trained puppy delivering indoor wees now and again, despite us taking her out regularly, just as we always do. Oh the joys of puppies :rolleyes:

This neighbour is just the biggest dog-lover though, so of course she totally understands about puppies, and thought Nyssa was just the loveliest thing :cool: She lost both her beloved old sighthounds earlier in the year (both aged 13). It's just weird seeing her in her house without one, but a plan is in motion, so hopefully she will have one again very soon :)

I turned the heat on for a while as Toby's mouth is sore and he'd just come in out of the rain, now Felix wants the door open so he can sit in it and let the warm air out.:rolleyes: I'm taking Toby to the vet to get his mouth checked, it's been sore since his fight with Felix last Thursday but I thought it'd been getting better but it's obviously hurting him and he's not eating much dry food. He loves his dry food over pretty much every thing. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. I'd rather over-react and get him checked than leave it. Why do these things happen at bank holidays.:(

Why do these things happen at bank holidays.:(

You know I was only saying the same thing yesterday!! We've a had a broken dew claw, gastro bugs, ulcerated eye, oral tumour, lameness, limp tail etc etc etc - always on a BH and just as our vet closes so we have to go to the afternoon clinic at the other practice!

Hope he's feeling better soon!

Well nothing too major going on with Toby, his gums are inflammed and look sore so he got something to make him more comfortable and he's having his teeth cleaned next week. We're taking Poppy in for her booster the same day. She's as bad as Jazzy for getting to the vet, dear God, I think I'll need a valium that day:D

Elly is a nightmare when it comes to stealing boxes, tissues, paper etc....
    We are trying to train her to drop it by telling her 'leave it', rather than turning it into a game chasing her!

Anyway she stole a small white box out of the recycling and was having a good chew when I noticed her, my son noticed at the same time and went to pick up the peices she had dropped. I 'shouted' leave it and they both dropped what they had at the same time!! Didn't realise I was training them both:D

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Elly is a nightmare when it comes to stealing boxes, tissues, paper etc....
    We are trying to train her to drop it by telling her 'leave it', rather than turning it into a game chasing her!

Anyway she stole a small white box out of the recycling and was having a good chew when I noticed her, my son noticed at the same time and went to pick up the peices she had dropped. I 'shouted' leave it and they both dropped what they had at the same time!! Didn't realise I was training them both:D

Lucy has this mad looking toy (can't remember the name to post a link) but it's like a rope body with flat head, hands and feet that are crinkly. Nearly every time we hear her playing with it in another room we assume she's ripping up paper/plastic and run in telling her to leave it leaving her very confused lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Woohoo, temperatures are going to drop tonight, the van is all loaded up ready to take the dogs out training at silly o'clock in the morning. Then they're going back up again :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement